The Brooklyn bus route that will be fare free is....

SubBus

1 hour ago, SubBus said:

....the (B60) according to the BoroPark24 website...

Why that route? Is it because of the areas it passes through? If so, it'll need far greater consistency in order to really work.

5 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Please don't tell me this is some sort of plan to ultimately combine the B42 with the proposed network redesign's "B60" (B'way Junction - Breukelen Houses)....

Consider how the current B42 functions in today's network, in regards to fare collection....

dude, i kid you not, i was thinking the same blasted thing... sounds like something straight from the mind of a certain individual who shall forever remain nameless (fw)

i will say that that farebeating has been a regular occurrence on the B60 going back to the 90's when east ny depot ran it.

I don't know if the B35 counts. At most stops, I boarded the bus at times, at major transfer stops like Church Av (B)(Q) and Flatbush Av - B41 etc., there's a group of people waiting on the corner of the side for the two doors to open. 

16 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Please don't tell me this is some sort of plan to ultimately combine the B42 with the proposed network redesign's "B60" (B'way Junction - Breukelen Houses)....

Consider how the current B42 functions in today's network, in regards to fare collection....

Which I never understood.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:19 AM, Calvin said:

I don't know if the B35 counts. At most stops, I boarded the bus at times, at major transfer stops like Church Av (B)(Q) and Flatbush Av - B41 etc., there's a group of people waiting on the corner of the side for the two doors to open. 

I’ve seen this same thing occur on the B38. In Queens you do have a few people who will just board through the back but most will still go through the front and ask the driver for a ride. 

On 6/23/2023 at 5:20 AM, Lawrence St said:

Am I the only one who thinks no bus route should be free?

I agree with you on this.

I regard this as a total cop out to lawlessness in this city. It’s like if you can’t beat the farebeaters then join them. I am definitely seeing more police presence in the subways which is good but how long will that last. 
Also with the free routes the money to pay for such a thing has to come from somewhere and it will certainly be us who are old enough to pay taxes who will ultimately have to pay for it.

22 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’ve seen this same thing occur on the B38. In Queens you do have a few people who will just board through the back but most will still go through the front and ask the driver for a ride. 

I agree with you on this.

I regard this as a total cop out to lawlessness in this city. It’s like if you can’t beat the farebeaters then join them. I am definitely seeing more police presence in the subways which is good but how long will that last. 
Also with the free routes the money to pay for such a thing has to come from somewhere and it will certainly be us who are old enough to pay taxes who will ultimately have to pay for it.

Exactly. And I don’t mean to sound rude, but I’m not paying for anyone that won’t cough up $2.75 because they think farebeating is “cool”.