Railfanning on 4/25/2009

Y2Julio

So today I railfanned along with Urbanfortitude, his roommate, AAWang, diffusedmind (thanks for lending me that filter for my lens) and QM4JewelAve. I was testing my new Nikon D40, so pardon me if they aren't the best shots possible. Here are a few shots of the trip, the rest can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/y2julio/Railfanning4252009?feat=directlink

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

dsc0045t.jpg

DSC_52.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

Though I couldn't see your pics on here b/c I got a bunch of red X's....I clicked on the link.....wonderful pics!

Seems like Google doesn't like me to hotlink images from Picasa. Uploaded it to ImageShack, should show up on the forums now.

Excellent photos. Don't you love the Nikon D40? I have the D80 and it is a great camera. You can really see the difference in the photos--they are very clear, crisp and have great resolution.

You have great composition in some of the photos. I hope you realize that. Great job!:tup:

nice photos

Thanks

Great shots, your camera takes very clear pix!
Thanks

Excellent photos. Don't you love the Nikon D40? I have the D80 and it is a great camera. You can really see the difference in the photos--they are very clear, crisp and have great resolution.

You have great composition in some of the photos. I hope you realize that. Great job!:tup:

Thanks, that's because of the continuous shoot mode, allows me to keep shooting and pick the best shots later :P

Beautiful man! Love the Marble Hill-225 St (1) shots:tup::cool:

Honestly, Julio, I like the shots of people you get better than those of the trains. You catch people when they least expect it, with looks in their eyes as if they're thinking about something.

You saying I can't shoot trains? ;)

heh Julio took some of me when I was not looking :confused:

nice shots I will let you know when I can make it out again glad my backpack held up haha it's NYC tested :D

I think I might take just a little bit less I think I can leave the 70-200mm F2.8 at home but it helped shooting at some of the darker stations at night and picking up some hard to read stuff.

remember don't let the MTA catch you!!! ;)

Archived