Over heard a T/O talk..

NYtransit

(Guys i now the (7) line will get CBTC this is to clarify what will happen!!) today this morning when taking the (7) train to school i over heard some T/O's talking about CBTC comming onto the (7) line. and not only did i hear that but i also heard that what will happen is that the R142A's from the (6) line will do a switch with the (7) line.they said they might put a R142A to do testing on the (7) line.but a quick test to see if it will be successful.he didnt say the date,but he did say they will test R142A,i find this weird because back then in 2003 they put a R142/A on the (7) line.he did say that that they will upgrade R142/A's to make them CBTC compatible.and the R62A will be sent to the (6) line. he also said the (6) line is the choice because the R62A's on the (7) line have < > and ( ) changeable LED leights. now the reason i posted this is because many of you guys say that the R188 will be a new IRT subway car comming for the (7) line. the T/O DID not mention any thing about new IRT subway cars,or even new subway cars for the IRT to be delievried. sorry for this useless post but this is to clarify you guys about the (7) line getting CBTC will only do a switch with the (6) line. nothing else about new subway cars

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Guys i now the (7) line will get CBTC this is to clarify what will happen!!) today this morning when taking the (7) train to school i over heard some T/O's talking about CBTC comming onto the (7) line. and not only did i hear that but i also heard that what will happen is that the R142A's from the (6) line will do a switch with the (7) line.they said they might put a R142A to do testing on the (7) line.but a quick test to see if it will be successful.he didnt say the date,but he did say they will test R142A,i find this weird because back then in 2003 they put a R142/A on the (7) line.he did say that that they will upgrade R142/A's to make them CBTC compatible.and the R62A will be sent to the (6) line. he also said the (6) line is the choice because the R62A's on the (7) line have < > and ( ) changeable LED leights. now the reason i posted this is because many of you guys say that the R188 will be a new IRT subway car comming for the (7) line. the T/O DID not mention any thing about new IRT subway cars,or even new subway cars for the IRT to be delievried. sorry for this useless post but this is to clarify you guys about the (7) line getting CBTC will only do a switch with the (6) line. nothing else about new subway cars

See, I was right. R142A's from the (6) are being converted. No R62A's are getting retired.

Some of us, like Maserati, have been saying that all along... but no one ever listened.

Some of us, like Maserati, have been saying that all along... but no one ever listened.

Of course I know, Pelham Bay Dave (i think) said that Corona would get 142As and Westchester gets back its R62A

Although this would mean that the Lex Line wouldn;t be 100% NTT, now that the 62As will come back, at least till the R188 makes it in...

Of course I know, Pelham Bay Dave (i think) said that Corona would get 142As and Westchester gets back its R62A

Although this would mean that the Lex Line wouldn;t be 100% NTT, now that the 62As will come back, at least till the R188 makes it in...

The R188 contract is to install ATO/CBTC equipment in the R142As.

R62A's back to the (6)/<6>. An average rider might not even notice the difference between the 62A and 142A. The (7) would look funny with NTT. Aleast the (5) stays NTT, a line which i grew up on and miss riding it daily. I think the MTA should have bought the R142s with CBTC just incase something like this came up like it did now.

what will happen if R142A of (4) line does go to (7) line.

will (4) line get R62A too. or will they keep R142A #7671 - #7810

still. there is a main problem that i am saying many times.

how many R142A can corona yard can handle?

460 R142A goes to (7) line. that too much.

Corona yard cant handle 460 cars.

that should lesser R142A. like about 370 cars R142A.

90 cars R142A will be still keep at (6) line.

(4) line are holding R62A (S) 42 street shuttle cars.

i would like too see bucket seat be replace.

and blue bench seat ( that you see on R142)

be put on R62A. #1651 - #1770.

bucket seat will not hold that many. people

if bench seat are installed on R62A for (6) line.

that will be nice?

now summer season is coming and fall season coming?

does the air conditioner work good on the R62A.

if not why should R62A run on (6) line.

when will there be plan to rebuilt R62A.

207 street overhaul shop

should rebuilded all of R62 - R62A.

The only reason why NTTs will be found on the Flushing Line is due to CBTC upgrades. Without CBTC, the TA likely wouldn't put them on that line for a long while.

So the 62As don't have the electronic strip-map...what's the big deal?

Why would they be wasted on the (7)? Specifically, what makes them so special on the Lex?

They are just another car class (just like the 62's and those before them)...

Well I would have to agree with 33rd, Lex is completly NTT and has been since 2003. Why does the (MTA) have to pick now to switch cars for no reason, only for CBTC? That can wait a while. Think about all the riders who rely on NTT, those who are disabled, death, blind, who use the (6) now they get R62As again?~````````

The (MTA) should of gone NTT on the (7) since the R142A were in order.. Now they cant get the Suppliments on the (4), geez =/..

To bad the R62A cant run under CBTC..

the TA should have thought about running NTT on the Flushing line when the 142's were being ordered.

They did, they tested an 142A on the (7) when they were brand new and the 3rd rail shoe didn't touch the 3rd rail in portions of the seinway tubes between 42nd st and the first stop in Queens (I forgot the name).

The Lexington Avenue lines aren't 100 % NTT. Some R62 (4) are still roaming around.

I think that when the R142A was ordered the (MTA) should have gotton more for future purposes. The (7) would look different NTT.

The Lexington Avenue lines aren't 100 % NTT. Some R62 (4) are still roaming around.

I think that when the R142A was ordered the (MTA) should have gotton more for future purposes. The (7) would look different NTT.

You must be new. I had posted to the others, there are absolutely no more R62's on the (4) line. I work the east side most of the time, and those two that were there, went to the (3), while the two Bombardier R62A's that were on the (3), 1 went to the (1), and 1 to (7) lines. The only R62A's that are at Mosholu yard, are for the shuttle. They are two 5 car units........

East side is 100% NTT trains now.........

now summer season is coming and fall season coming?

does the air conditioner work good on the R62A.

if not why should R62A run on (6) line.

when will there be plan to rebuilt R62A.

207 street overhaul shop

should rebuilded all of R62 - R62A.

I don't think that R62/A's are receiving a GOH anytime. They will only get SMS from time to time.

honestly i think R142A on the (7) line is bad.the reason i think this is because the R62A has RFW which makes it fun. but i have a question when the R142A and R62A switch, well it will all happen at once or will it just happen one by one when the R62A and R142A switch?

honestly i think R142A on the (7) line is bad.the reason i think this is because the R62A has RFW which makes it fun. but i have a question when the R142A and R62A switch, well it will all happen at once or will it just happen one by one when the R62A and R142A switch?

The R142As are going to the (7) because of CBTC. That's the fundamental reason. IMO, RFW availability is not a legitimate excuse to keeping the R62As on the (7).

Regarding your question, I believe it's going to be one train at a time. The reason is, the IRT Flushing Line is almost disconnected from the rest of the IRT. The only access to the IRT (as well as any other division) is at Queensborough Plaza. Trains would then have to switch onto the BMT before moving onto the IRT mainline tracks.

I knew this for a few months. Second, The R188 order is a proposed order of 186 new cars. The other 400 are conversion kits for the R142A cars on the (6) and to be transferred to Corona when the Flushing line gets CBTC. This leads to a total of 586 cars.

What the heck does a RFW has to do with providing good service. Its just a window, where you see stuff outside... So if the T/A wants NTT on the (7) well then thats what it get, seeing that its the 2nd line not to connect with mainline, just like the Carnasie (L)..

At least RFW will be on the Pelham (6)<6> good view ^_^b! But Ill miss the R142A on them~

@2n Ave there isnt Any 62s on the (4) as of Feb 2009, they are on the (3). So I dunno why people keep saying there is 62s, unless you have seen one recently, then we talk.. But for now, none~

Archived