(V) suspended-since 7AM

Amtrak7

At 7AM today, I got an email saying that downtown (V) trains are running to WTC from W4. 1/2 hour later I got an email saying that the entire (V) is suspended. Brooklyn-bound (F) is also via the (A) from W4 to Jay.

What is exactly going on? The email says mechanical problems, but it's lasted so long. I'm getting suspicious about a derailment, as the (MTA) always tries to cover up minor derailments as mechanical problems, like the last incident at 81 St. (A)(B)(C)(D)

Posted on:7/22/2009 2:35:10 PM

In addition, Due to ongoing mechanical problems at the Broadway-Lafayette Street Station:

Coney Island-bound (F) trains are running on the (A) line from the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station to the Jay Street-Borough Hall Station.

There is no (V) train service between the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station and the Lower East Side-2nd Avenue Station in both directions at this time

Might be a problem witha train? I hope the (B)(D) are not also in this problem...

At 7AM today, I got an email saying that downtown (V) trains are running to WTC from W4. 1/2 hour later I got an email saying that the entire (V) is suspended. Brooklyn-bound (F) is also via the (A) from W4 to Jay.

What is exactly going on? The email says mechanical problems, but it's lasted so long. I'm getting suspicious about a derailment, as the (MTA) always tries to cover up minor derailments as mechanical problems, like the last incident at 81 St. (A)(B)(C)(D)

Service has been restored

Entered Roosevelt Ave. around 8:30 AM this morning when I noticed a line of people trying to walk down the stairs to the platform. Then I knew something was up. Once I got down there the platform was 80% full with people waiting for the (E). An (F) came (I wait for the (E) or the (R) whichever comes first) and it was going via the Crosstown so very few people got on. An (R) came and I got on that, but it was packed all the way to Lexington Ave. On the bright side, since it was so crowded I was right next to a hot 20-year old girl :cool::cool::cool:

Entered Roosevelt Ave. around 8:30 AM this morning when I noticed a line of people trying to walk down the stairs to the platform. Then I knew something was up. Once I got down there the platform was 80% full with people waiting for the (E). An (F) came (I wait for the (E) or the (R) whichever comes first) and it was going via the Crosstown so very few people got on. An (R) came and I got on that, but it was packed all the way to Lexington Ave. On the bright side, since it was so crowded I was right next to a hot 20-year old girl :cool::cool::cool:

Nice! X-D :(

Nope. No trucks went on the ground. splitting a switch means forcing the train through a trailing point switch that is not set for you.

It is still consider a Derailment even if the trucks did not go on the ground. From what I heard the T/O the backed up the train at sent the train onto 2 different tracks.

It is still consider a Derailment even if the trucks did not go on the ground. From what I heard the T/O the backed up the train at sent the train onto 2 different tracks.

how's that possible with the stops?

Yeah Kris? Looks can be deceiving. But 20 years old is right in my park cuz I like em old. ;)
Too bad she's too old for you. How do you know she is twenty years old?

lol, Well she was in her 20's, I know that much. Doesn't change the fact that she looked good :cool:

I heard the same.. Everyone & Anyone in the area got a trip downtown..

Although the refuse train can be operated by a regular train operator, it really should be restricted to the 'Work Train Section' due to the the fact that you are constantly making 'run around' & non conventional moves, something lesser experienced operators may not fully understand yet.. For those unfamiliar, the refuse & work trains are second fiddle in order of priority to customer service trains & required to 'hide out' in sidings & spurs so not to cause delays. The regular operators who handle these assignments get to know the system very well, knowing what & where different things can be done.. Thank whatever deity you choose, but had a (V) come into contact with the refuse equipment, an untold many would have had a REALLY bad day..:eek:

Archived