•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * * - 12 votes

Train Operator Exam 8098 DCAS notice of result letter arrived

4517 replies to this topic

#441 Success7

Success7
    • Pip
    • 91 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

I got my phone call at 6 pm tonight to report to 180 Livingston Street Thursday at 7:30 am for "Physical and Final Processing."

Here goes nothing.

So how did it go today? Any word on class start dates. I report tomorrow for final processing so any type of insight as of what to expect is appreciated. Thanks

#442 subwaydriver

subwaydriver
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 82 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Im not up yet but what are typical school car hours and where? I searched the forum and google but couldn't find any info.

#443 Dan05979

Dan05979
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 3,777 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

8 hours AM, PM or Midnights. School Starts at 130 Livingston then you wind up at the Learning Center School for most of the months. Also varios yards and such learning your stuff.

Edited by Dan05979, 11 October 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

#444 trainman

trainman
    • Pip
    • 275 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

With all the talk of the pre screening process, no one mentioned of their fingerprints being taken. Which I heard is sent to the FBI; to check on warrants, any prior arrests and convictions, dishonorable discharge from any military service, and any order of protections issued. If any red flags pop up, you can be disqualified. Any felony convictions is an automatic disqualification. Being convicted of 3 misdemeanors is another automatic disqualification as well.

#445 elantra06

elantra06
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 222 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

I wonder when they will get to the 140's for medicals. I'm patiently waiting. Wonder how much they have hired so far for the Oct 22nd class..

#446 nab311

nab311
    • 23 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

I wonder when they will get to the 140's for medicals. I'm patiently waiting. Wonder how much they have hired so far for the Oct 22nd class..

I am in the 150s, i went for preemployment on oct 3rd. It seems like ppl who went on the 1st for preemployment got calls on Wednesday, so maybe we will hear something today or Monday.

#447 subwaydriver

subwaydriver
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 82 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Are you a part of local 100 during school car or not till you pass?

#448 RTOMan

RTOMan
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 3,280 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Are you a part of local 100 during school car or not till you pass?

I was told until after i was off probation i wasn't an "official member" of the union...

Hence meaning you can get chit canned and the Union cant do much about it...

Dont know how it works now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#449 transit bx

transit bx
    • PipPip
    • 581 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

I was told until after i was off probation i wasn't an "official member" of the union...

Hence meaning you can get chit canned and the Union cant do much about it...

Dont know how it works now.

Its pretty much the same way.

#450 RTOMan

RTOMan
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 3,280 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Its pretty much the same way.

Thank you wasnt sure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Legal Disclaimer: The NYC Transit Forums website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes.
    This website is no way connected or affiliated with the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) or any other related transportation agency.
    It also claims no rights to the trademarks of MTA, NJT, Amtrak and any other listed transportation agency logo on this website.