Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last thing, it's not the stupid crap in the field that would bother me. I have been a Foreman in heavy construction for many years. It's the child like antics and holier then thou attitudes here that bother me. This is a thread for info not crap. If anyone is interested, I will start a thread for list numbers being called and letters going out. When you get them feel free to reply, Mammby pammby bull shat is not welcome. We appreciate all the helpful insight but stupid is as stupid does, like Mamma use to say. By the way my friend says stay away from these threads, they are full of talkers that think they walk on water. Yes, my attitude will work in the MTA world, I know when to shut up and be grown. I am sure that is the attitude they are looking for.

*Picks up Mic*

Mammby pammby bull shat is not welcome???

Huh??? We are adults here in this thread bro seriously.

You still arent getting it i was in construction too(would have been a foreman if it wasnt for TA) This Just a message board it seems to me you have a issue with folks busting chops. Starting your own thread with just have the admins lock it and send everybody back here. All you need to do like i suggested is to ignore stuff. All jobs have this and since you came from construction yer skin is supposed to be thicker than this i know what ball bustin is. If this get you all upset then you are gonna be one ticked off person down here when folks start calling you rookie and messing with you lets see how it works then.

I went through the crap it didnt bother me i just laughed it off, sometimes i just shook my head as long as its not personal so what? You are taking this personal if you ask me and that alone will be an issue say what you want this is how im seeing it. Im giving you good advice here but go ahead and listen to your friend. Im sure with the same amount of time he has down here like i do he knows it all right?

A Supervisor who i know who sees this board told me this last night he texted me this after he seen your post..

Too many sensitive folks are out there...

Just saying...

*Puts down Mic*

Edited by RTOMan

I'll give you the one piece of advice that I give everyone (and advice I actually took myself when I was new) - log off and forget this forum exists. Just do what your schoolcar instructors tell you and don't worry about what you hear from anyone else in the crew rooms or on here. Once you are broken in, pass your probation and know your chit, then feel free to come back here and haze the newbies who think THEY know everything.

I'll give you the one piece of advice that I give everyone (and advice I actually took myself when I was new) - log off and forget this forum exists. Just do what your schoolcar instructors tell you and don't worry about what you hear from anyone else in the crew rooms or on here. Once you are broken in, pass your probation and know your chit, then feel free to come back here and haze the newbies who think THEY know everything.

At least you Folks have something(even if it means shifting through the BS) Folks like me in 2001 had nothing nothing. We came in totally in the dark...

Last thing, it's not the stupid crap in the field that would bother me. I have been a Foreman in heavy construction for many years. It's the child like antics and holier then thou attitudes here that bother me. This is a thread for info not crap. If anyone is interested, I will start a thread for list numbers being called and letters going out. When you get them feel free to reply, Mammby pammby bull shat is not welcome. We appreciate all the helpful insight but stupid is as stupid does, like Mamma use to say. By the way my friend says stay away from these threads, they are full of talkers that think they walk on water. Yes, my attitude will work in the MTA world, I know when to shut up and be grown. I am sure that is the attitude they are looking for.

The reason people post those things that you seem to have such an issue with is because there are a bunch of people who aren't through the hiring process explaining and giving incorrect info about the hiring process, and some who are barely into schoolcar (or not even into it at all yet and still waiting) who are posting misleading information to other people about what schoolcar is, or what is, or is not important...often times when they themselves are not familiar with it yet.

Don't you think the management that comes up with the schoolcar course content, and the instructors who teach it, know more about what's important than someone who hasn't even passed the course yet or worked the road yet?

Edited by SubwayGuy

Hello prospective TO candidates: If at all possible, please post your list# range if you've taken...

drug test and your above list# range 510's:

medical test and your above list# range 290's:

schoolcar course and your above list # range 270's:

Much thanks in advance - Happy Holidays!

PS keep in mind that this is not OFFICIAL, but my own personal accounting from information that is freely & publicly posted on this website.

Edited by bc0v9g9

Don't you think the management that comes up with the schoolcar course content, and the instructors who teach it, know more about what's important than someone who hasn't even passed the course yet or worked the road yet?

No, they don't. They think that because they've read this forum and nycsubway.org cover to cover they know everything that happens down here and form their own perceptions. And these are usually the folk who don't make it through schoolcar.......

It's called paying your dues Dan. What, you thought you were going to have it easy from day 1? There have been plenty of people who have been XX for far longer than you have, like those who got hired right before the hiring freeze several years ago. Some didn't pick a job until they hit top pay. And as a T/O, you will be XX longer than you were as a C/R.

And what's the big thing about picking a job anyway? When your fiirst pick, your going to get the garbage that nobody else wants. On top of that, you'll be getting a straight 8 and doing more work than people with 10 an 11 hour jobs.

And what's the big thing about picking a job anyway? When your fiirst pick, your going to get the garbage that nobody else wants. On top of that, you'll be getting a straight 8 and doing more work than people with 10 an 11 hour jobs.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be banned?

Hey, aren't you supposed to be banned?

At least his views are consistent...

Is picking for the first time really that bad? Even if it is, at least I would go in thinking that the second, third, fourth, and so on (by logic) get better as time goes on. Heck, you got up to 25+ years to move up the seniority ranks, that's plenty of time for anyone to move up the seniority ranks..

It's called paying your dues Dan. What, you thought you were going to have it easy from day 1? There have been plenty of people who have been XX for far longer than you have, like those who got hired right before the hiring freeze several years ago. Some didn't pick a job until they hit top pay. And as a T/O, you will be XX longer than you were as a C/R.

Who asked you? Mind your own business fvck face. And I already told you never respond to ANY of my post I want nothing to do with you, keep fvcking with me and its gonna get ugly on beyond this forum a$$hole.

Edited by Dan05979

It really depends on the situation. For me, my first pick wasn't TERRIBLE, but I was forced to pick a foreign terminal twice a week (4 trips and 5 trips out of Main St) while my other 3 jobs were good. However, if I didn't go to B-Div (where I had an EXCELLENT second pick) my second pick in the A-Div would have been even worse - another 2 days forced out of Main St (but no 5 tripper this time), and the other 3 would have been either the 1 (which isn't a bad line, but I wouldn't have wanted 3 days over there) or more of the 7. Most of the time the more time you have, the more selection and choices you will get with every new pick (eventually you'll be able to get 5 days out of your home terminal....eventually you'll be able to get AMs.....eventually you'll be able to get a piece of the weekend). This was an unusual case in the A-Div though, since a bunch of construction flagging and misc T/O jobs got cut, everybody LOST seniority and the last couple of people who had jobs are now being forced back to XX.

Hello prospective TO candidates: If at all possible, please post your list# range if you've taken...

drug test and your above list# range 510's:

medical test and your above list# range 290's:

schoolcar course and your above list # range 270's:

Much thanks in advance - Happy Holidays!

PS keep in mind that this is not OFFICIAL, but my own personal accounting from information that is freely & publicly posted on this website.

Ok, I'm in the list range of 325-330

I've taken my drug test on december 12th, 2012

haven't been to the medical yet..

The reason why I took the drug test late was because there was an issue with my mailing address, so when I went in for the test, there were probably ppl with higher list numbers than me..

Oh look whos back "Woodlawns and V/C's most famous".... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Enjoy your stay while it lasts....

Heard you was nervous as heck when a TSS rode yer train last week didn't run yer trap the way you did here...

Who asked you? Mind your own business fvck face. And I already told you never respond to ANY of my post I want nothing to do with you, keep fvcking with me and its gonna get ugly on beyond this forum a$$hole.

Just Block the Mental Midget or Get Harry to ban him again..

At least his views are consistent...

Is picking for the first time really that bad? Even if it is, at least I would go in thinking that the second, third, fourth, and so on (by logic) get better as time goes on. Heck, you got up to 25+ years to move up the seniority ranks, that's plenty of time for anyone to move up the seniority ranks..

Clowns usually are now as for yer question....

From my experience if you are picking in the Winter its kinda bad (due to the V/R people picking jobs). If yer 1st pick is the Summer it might not be so bad (Due to those same VR people going back to VR) mine wasn't My 1st Pick i got decent jobs on the 6(Two days outta park) and the 5 (Three days out of Dyre) usually as new pick T/O on the PM's good chance yer Saturday Job will be your latest. Mines was a 1713 Report.

Also add to that the number of folks leaving the title(Retirement promos ect) which can also change the way the pick goes.

Edited by RTOMan

*Picks up Mic*

Mammby pammby bull shat is not welcome???

Huh??? We are adults here in this thread bro seriously.

You still arent getting it i was in construction too(would have been a foreman if it wasnt for TA) This Just a message board it seems to me you have a issue with folks busting chops. Starting your own thread with just have the admins lock it and send everybody back here. All you need to do like i suggested is to ignore stuff. All jobs have this and since you came from construction yer skin is supposed to be thicker than this i know what ball bustin is. If this get you all upset then you are gonna be one ticked off person down here when folks start calling you rookie and messing with you lets see how it works then.

I went through the crap it didnt bother me i just laughed it off, sometimes i just shook my head as long as its not personal so what? You are taking this personal if you ask me and that alone will be an issue say what you want this is how im seeing it. Im giving you good advice here but go ahead and listen to your friend. Im sure with the same amount of time he has down here like i do he knows it all right?

A Supervisor who i know who sees this board told me this last night he texted me this after he seen your post..

Too many sensitive folks are out there...

Just saying...

*Puts down Mic*

Sensitive? That is the dumbest thing I have heard on this thread so far. Your opinion is lacking, I was simply stating the retarded statements that go around on here. How can I take that personal? The holier then thou attitude is picking up a Mic. In my 40 years on this earth I think that was the most childish form of expression I have seen. Say what you like but I take none of this personal, I have very thick skin. I just call shat like I see it. Nothing personal, just don't care for kid games. Ps Takes Mic throws it down and Good night Cleveland!

Sensitive? That is the dumbest thing I have heard on this thread so far. Your opinion is lacking, I was simply stating the retarded statements that go around on here. How can I take that personal? The holier then thou attitude is picking up a Mic. In my 40 years on this earth I think that was the most childish form of expression I have seen. Say what you like but I take none of this personal, I have very thick skin. I just call shat like I see it. Nothing personal, just don't care for kid games. Ps Takes Mic throws it down and Good night Cleveland!

Yep def taking it personal...

You cant even see that i was just trying to make a point yer def too sensitive. I suggest you relax as for that sensitive remark i didn't say it a Supervisor said it!

Me it means nothing im sure when you get down here and start bellyaching "about the kiddie attitude" someone will either tell you what i just did or just watch you freak.

Yer posts says other wise all you had to do was ignore that stuff but you just couldn't it must be the foreman in you...

My point stands...

"My 40 years on earth" bah,i got you beat by a few years Junior!

Edited by RTOMan

Yep def taking it personal...

You cant even see that i was just trying to make a point yer def too sensitive. I suggest you relax as for that sensitive remark i didn't say it a Supervisor said it!

Me it means nothing im sure when you get down here and start bellyaching "about the kiddie attitude" someone will either tell you what i just did or just watch you freak.

Yer posts says other wise all you had to do was ignore that stuff but you just couldn't it must be the foreman in you...

My point stands...

"My 40 years on earth" bah,i got you beat by a few years Junior!

Seems to me you are the sensitive one. And you mention know it all's often. Usually the ones that don't like know it all's are the biggest know it all's. Seems to be the issue here. This convo is going nowhere, must be the Foreman in me. By the way I could of been a contender, but I don't bring it up every chance I get. Every group has a know it all and if you can't find him, chances are it is you. You know everything. What it takes, what it doesn't who will make it who won't, wow if your opinion mattered I still wouldn't care. ps take your own advice, ignore this and try not to be so sensitive.

Seems to me you are the sensitive one. And you mention know it all's often. Usually the ones that don't like know it all's are the biggest know it all's. Seems to be the issue here. This convo is going nowhere, must be the Foreman in me. By the way I could of been a contender, but I don't bring it up every chance I get. Every group has a know it all and if you can't find him, chances are it is you. You know everything. What it takes, what it doesn't who will make it who won't, wow if your opinion mattered I still wouldn't care. ps take your own advice, ignore this and try not to be so sensitive.

LOL You make me laugh nice try at word games there Junior...

Better men have tried and failed, i just tell it like it is if you cant handle it im sorry.

Im good on my end .This is a message board and i treat it as such, im on quite a few of them as a matter of fact.

You aren't any different than any other person i have run across. Some work down here some dont the mentality is the same.

Good luck whenever you get called,Maybe you will get sent to the B Div lots of folks here like you you will fit in perfect..

Nice try at the sarcastic know it all comment, ten steps ahead of you just remember all ya had to do was listen to my 1st reply...

Edited by RTOMan

Really? This thread is for T/O OC info, Thats the only reason I still come here. I would take any advice/info from people already working for the MTA since they already know the ropes. Theres no need to argue with them since you dont even work for the MTA yet. Keep it on topic or start your own topic for your fights.