Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Training classes and etc.. arnt going to be open for the rest of the week. Resources are needed to repair the system and get it back up and runnning. When you make contact with the MTA they will tell you all of the details on when to come back.

As far as us guys that are in school car goes, we HAVE to report to training tomorrow at 7AM sharp at PS248. I Received the call today. I'm glad cuz I couldn't spend another day couped up in my house. 2 days is enough. So if we have to report for training tomorrow it's safe to say most MTA operations will convene tomorrow besides train operations where there is flooding. I would call 180 Livingston first thing in the morning tomorrow to see if they will be open or you can play it safe and just show up extra early so if they aren't doing any processing you will still have time to report to ur regular job.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as us guys that are in school car goes, we HAVE to report to training tomorrow at 7AM sharp at PS248. I Received the call today. I'm glad cuz I couldn't spend another day couped up in my house. 2 days is enough. So if we have to report for training tomorrow it's safe to say most MTA operations will convene tomorrow besides train operations where there is flooding. I would call 180 Livingston first thing in the morning tomorrow to see if they will be open or you can play it safe and just show up extra early so if they aren't doing any processing you will still have time to report to ur regular job.

This is what I was trying to say but Warduke thinks he's right. Administrative work needs to get done, medical appoiments for employees, training will continue and all operations will resume. Train Operators will still have to report to work as equipment will need to be moved for inspections/repairs and back into yards, track workers will be walking the rails doing inspections, signals department has a whole shitload of work ahead of them, construction work to remove the plywood, electricians doing inspections. The only thing that is on hold is revenue operations on the subway but ball doesn't stop rolling everything else has to continue functioning if they expect to be back up in four days.

Each department in the MTA has thier own job to do and just because the tunnels are flooded and there is no revenue service doesn't mean oh "let's stop doing medicals/drug tests, training, filing inspection reports, hiring equipment maintaniers, ordering parts, etc"....

As far as school car Warduke how is a TSS going to help repair the system lol and why should they stop training. There main responsibilty is training and monitering T/O's not pumping water and inspecting tracks or signals....

As for me I will still show up to 180 in the morning at 0730 as scheduled. If they are not doing processsing I'll just head straight to work and enjoy a nice quiet breakfast in my office until everyone comes in at 0900 and wait for the call to come back at a later time.

Edited by elantra06

I like the way he responded to you like you were an a**hole for asking. . . . Elantra, I'm curious..... How are you holding a job and going through training?

Yeah right, ask people who dont work for the MTA here on the forums instead ofgetting word from officials. Not many people here are going to have any info when it comes to operations. Its like the blind leading the blind. Alot of the NYC area still doesnt have power.

Edited by Warduke

Yeah right, ask people who dont work for the MTA here on the forums instead ofgetting word from officials. Not many people here are going to have any info when it comes to operations. Its like the blind leading the blind. Alot of the NYC area still doesnt have power.

By the way Warduke I still showed up to 180 Livingston this morning. I'm currently going through medical/final processing. I guess you were wrong. Thank god I didn't listen to your advice....

It was a lot of people here this morning when I arrived. The lady said once buses were running everyone at the MTA had to report to work.

I like the way he responded to you like you were an a**hole for asking. . . . Elantra, I'm curious..... How are you holding a job and going through training?

I'm not hired yet. I'm going through Medical/final processing today.

GL elantra06. Do you know of the other list #'s that were sworn in today?

List #'s I don't know . The interviwer told me that it was good I still showed up. It could have been weeks before I would have been rescheduled or gotten a call too. Some that were scheduled today also didn't show up. I overheard them at the desk talking about making calls tommorrow to schedule the next group for medicals/final processing.

Those who were scheduled Monday/Tuesday should have came in this morning. I think they would have processed you guy/gals. About maybe 8 total showed up today for medical/final processing for the T/O position.

Today was a long day. I didn't get out until 1600. I did like the fact they had a TV to watch while waiting for the medical. It help past the time.

Edited by elantra06

Training classes and etc.. arnt going to be open for the rest of the week. Resources are needed to repair the system and get it back up and runnning. When you make contact with the MTA they will tell you all of the details on when to come back.

Sucks for whoever listened to your post and didn't show up today. More than likely they may have to wait weeks for the phonecall to be rescheduled for medicals based on what the staff said today. It was pretty much business as usual at 180 Livingston today.

To all others unless it was an event like Hurricance Sandy on Monday/Tuesday or another circumstance that would shut down the city show up at the time and date you are scheduled for if not go in on the day that they reopen.

Edited by elantra06

Got my call call today...report for medical/processing on 11/5

Once you complete everything more than likely you'll be placed in the Nov 12th class too. Good luck.

I just put in my resignation today with my current employer and I was shocked. He's happy for me but sad to see me go. I told him though I will work up until the 11th and I will keep in touch. The office staff is treating me out to dinner next week as a parting gift :)

congrats elatra. ifyou read my post it said to wait till you can get word directly from the mta.

Thanks. Like me everyone that showed up yesterday took a chance that they would be open and they were. Had I decided to sit back and wait until they returned my voicemail message I most likely would not have gotten a call back until late December to reschedule. I certainly did not want to miss this opportunity and am greatful to god I made it this far. Once I start school car I won't be on here much. From what I can tell already I'll be home many nights reviewing all the info I recieved from my instructor as thier is so much to learn.

Edited by elantra06

The top guy at the learning center/school car told us today they need T/O's and C/R's badly. He said MTA is hiring 40 TO's and 20 CR's a month for the next 6 months. Good news for those waiting. What's gonna happen after April when the 6 months is done..... ?

The top guy at the learning center/school car told us today they need T/O's and C/R's badly. He said MTA is hiring 40 TO's and 20 CR's a month for the next 6 months. Good news for those waiting. What's gonna happen after April when the 6 months is done..... ?

A new hiring plan will be created based on the future needs of the service, and schoolcar will set targets accordingly and forward to HR.

Based on these demands..what do u guys think and chances of a guy like me above the 650s list# to get in before April?? Just trying to get a timeline TIA