ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

37 minutes ago, Yo0910 said:

Will they still hire you if you have Sleep Apnea?

As long as you can show that you're being treated for it and have a CPAP machine that's being used, you should be ok. Either way, they'll likely make you take a sleep study if you have a neck bigger than a 17 or admit to snoring.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TeeFredNYC said:

Got my letter. I'm in the 900 range. This is going faster than I expected.

But.... BUT. I'm suppose to come in for pre-employment in the middle of my vacation week and I'll be 6 time zones away on the 7th. Yay 😑😑

46 minutes ago, TeeFredNYC said:

But.... BUT. I'm suppose to come in for pre-employment in the middle of my vacation week and I'll be 6 time zones away on the 7th. Yay 😑😑

I completely understand a lot of you guys have vacations you have plans but come on man this a opportunity that I wouldn't put to the side.... I need to appeal a mistake that was made and didn't even get my list number I would've left Africa on a boat just to attend ..... No bashing just I'm upset with myself for forgetting to put permit on my application.

3 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

I completely understand a lot of you guys have vacations you have plans but come on man this a opportunity that I wouldn't put to the side.... I need to appeal a mistake that was made and didn't even get my list number I would've left Africa on a boat just to attend ..... No bashing just I'm upset with myself for forgetting to put permit on my application.

I hear you, but after I accept this job I'm not going to be able to spend time with my family. You can always make more money but you can't make more time. If i can delay the start I definitely will and if I can't then I'll just have them put me back on the list and wait a little longer. 

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I hear you, but after I accept this job I'm not going to be able to spend time with my family. You can always make more money but you can't make more time. If i can delay the start I definitely will and if I can't then I'll just have them put me back on the list and wait a little longer. 

Your a real man and I appreciate people like you .... I fully understand I was speaking from my point of view .... I have faith they will allow you to push it back best wishes to on and congrats I hope you all the best .

1 hour ago, TeeFredNYC said:

You can just call and go in on any pre employment date. 

2 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

Bi weekly never weekly ... My mother aunt uncle and cousin in the mta..

Cool but is it every 2 weeks no matter what or is it 1st and 15th? That's a difference of 2 checks a year. Trying to do some math as far as my income before and after. 

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Cool but is it every 2 weeks no matter what or is it 1st and 15th? That's a difference of 2 checks a year. Trying to do some math as far as my income before and after. 

Every 2 weeks .... Some months my mom gets 2 checks so she gets 3 checks that's because the 2 week cycle ... My uncle the same he's a bus operator.

14 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

Every 2 weeks .... Some months my mom gets 2 checks so she gets 3 checks that's because the 2 week cycle ... My uncle the same he's a bus operator.

Thanks that's perfect. I work for the city now and I'm getting 3 checks this month. Made me wonder if it was the same way. 

Hello, I have a few questions if anyone could help me out. I got placed on medical hold for abnormal ekg. My blood pressure was pretty high, but it seemed as though the only issue was the ekg. I don't have insurance, so I went to a cardiologist and had a cardioechogram performed. The doctor says my heart is fine, but I have high blood pressure, and prescribed medication. He also wrote a note stating I am fit to work as long as I take my medicine. Will I run I to any problems? 

My second question is... Will 180 Livingston be open tomorrow, it being Memorial day? 

12 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Also,,,,, for those  that already attended pre employment...  How long were you guys there for? Trying to see if I can possibly fit something into my schedule for that day?

Thanks 

For pre-employment they said it would take all day, but I was out the door by 12pm even with the drug test. But I did go the other day for final processing and people was there all day for pre-employment because the lab was backed up, people was told to comeback within an hr for the drug test and that was around 2 and 3 pm. 

So my suggestion is don’t make no plans for that day and be prepared to be there all day. 

13 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Also,,,,, for those  that already attended pre employment...  How long were you guys there for? Trying to see if I can possibly fit something into my schedule for that day?

Thanks 

For pre-employment, I was there about 7 hours, and I was about the 10th person in. Between the orientation, paperwork, and drug test, I would expect to be there for 8 hours. 

Hey guys, I got my letter in the mail last week saying I was disqualified for not having the work experience required but have been working for years now. Looks like a lot of people got disqualified who shouldn’t have been, I’m assuming that may be why the list seems so short this time? I mailed out the appeal form, anyone know how long it may take to hear back? Really hoping I could get on this list. Good luck to everyone by the way

3 hours ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

For pre-employment they said it would take all day, but I was out the door by 12pm even with the drug test. But I did go the other day for final processing and people was there all day for pre-employment because the lab was backed up, people was told to comeback within an hr for the drug test and that was around 2 and 3 pm. 

So my suggestion is don’t make no plans for that day and be prepared to be there all day. 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, nycdrew said:

Hey guys, I got my letter in the mail last week saying I was disqualified for not having the work experience required but have been working for years now. Looks like a lot of people got disqualified who shouldn’t have been, I’m assuming that may be why the list seems so short this time? I mailed out the appeal form, anyone know how long it may take to hear back? Really hoping I could get on this list. Good luck to everyone by the way

Male sure you filled it out correct and I had the same issue except they claimed I did not indicate if i had a permit or drivers license so I been calling last week everyday ... They say it could take up to 6 months for you to hear back on your appeal smh this hinders our process where we might have been called but this pushed us back drastically.

3 hours ago, nycdrew said:

Yeah I got disqualified as well for the same thing but they highlighted that I did not have a permit or license. I quickly wrote an appeal and explained the reasons why. I pled.  I sent it in express mail Friday and it reached yesterday. If I am denied again, I am waltzing down to 180 Livingston since im only half hour away.

4 minutes ago, Misslowe said:

Yeah I got disqualified as well for the same thing but they highlighted that I did not have a permit or license. I quickly wrote an appeal and explained the reasons why. I pled.  I sent it in express mail Friday and it reached yesterday. If I am denied again, I am waltzing down to 180 Livingston since im only half hour away.

Did they say you didn't or did they say "YOU DID JOT INDICATE THAT YOU POSSESS THE REQUIRING LICENSE AND OR PERMIT" sorry for caps but mine said I did not indicate which I did amd I don't have a license with a date before then I have a new license due to me losing my old I'd .

32 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

Did they say you didn't or did they say "YOU DID JOT INDICATE THAT YOU POSSESS THE REQUIRING LICENSE AND OR PERMIT" sorry for caps but mine said I did not indicate which I did amd I don't have a license with a date before then I have a new license due to me losing my old I'd .

I think it said I did not indicate.... in the appeal I told them when I got it though.

5 minutes ago, Misslowe said:

I think it said I did not indicate.... in the appeal I told them when I got it though.

Ok because that just mean like we didnt check off drivers license or permit or didn't tell them we did have one .... I had my permit at the time license now ... Hopefully they don't assume I just got my license on the date it shows on my I'd .

5 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

Ok because that just mean like we didnt check off drivers license or permit or didn't tell them we did have one .... I had my permit at the time license now ... Hopefully they don't assume I just got my license on the date it shows on my I'd .

You needed a license by the final day of the exam filing period.