ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 minutes ago, njbk said:

You needed a license by the final day of the exam filing period. 

You needed to have a drivers license or permit by the exam filing period yes . I had a permit by the time they call you you have to have a license I now have my license . my question is my license shows Sept 17 as issue date but I had my permit since 2015 idk how to prove so .

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

You needed to have a drivers license or permit by the exam filing period yes . I had a permit by the time they call you you have to have a license I now have my license . my question is my license shows Sept 17 as issue date but I had my permit since 2015 idk how to prove so .

I’m sure if you get a copy of your drivers abstract from the DMV it will show that. But, the NOE says license, not permit. I hope I’m wrong, best of luck. 

3 minutes ago, njbk said:

I’m sure if you get a copy of your drivers abstract from the DMV it will show that. But, the NOE says license, not permit. I hope I’m wrong, best of luck. 

I'm hoping so to I'm going to look back at the exam requirements thanks for your feedback.

6 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

The NOE stated that you needed to be licensed. Just having a permit does not fulfill this requirement. Sorry. 

4 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

The NOE stated that you needed to be licensed. Just having a permit does not fulfill this requirement. Sorry. 

I just checked and you two are correct it states license . but on my letter it states drivers license or permit on Monday I will call to double check and still appeal the process and hopefully things go well.

20 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

I just checked and you two are correct it states license . but on my letter it states drivers license or permit on Monday I will call to double check and still appeal the process and hopefully things go well.

Not to be a dick but you won’t qualify if u didn’t have your license by the application period. It probably says permit because they used a template that they send out for other jobs like bus driver.

Edited by 2nice

15 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

Double check, because MTA is jumpy like that. They will say one thing at application time and go with another later down the line. When I took the Dispatcher exam, the NOE stated that we weren't allowed to use calculators on the test. The test got postponed and our new admission letters stated that we could use them (thought they just used a template from other exams and didn't change it) and we winded up being able to use them. 

1 minute ago, SevenEleven said:

Double check, because MTA is jumpy like that. They will say one thing at application time and go with another later down the line. When I took the Dispatcher exam, the NOE stated that we weren't allowed to use calculators on the test. The test got postponed and our new admission letters stated that we could use them (thought they just used a template from other exams and didn't change it) and we winded up being able to use them. 

Thanks man really appreciate your help hopefully things will turn out to be the best thanks .

8 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

Thanks man really appreciate your help hopefully things will turn out to be the best thanks .

As I stated before I pleaded my case. Filled in the blanks. I stated all the reasons why there was a discrepancy. I went on for 40 days and 40 nights in the empty box below. It was almost like I was begging. :( 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, TeeFredNYC said:

As long as you can show that you're being treated for it and have a CPAP machine that's being used, you should be ok. Either way, they'll likely make you take a sleep study if you have a neck bigger than a 17 or admit to snoring.

So in your opinion, would it be smarter to bring a letter from your PMD explaining you can do the job or should you let their doc check you out?

On 5/25/2018 at 3:28 PM, Poconodanno said:

Low 800s and just received my letter today to begin the pre-employment process...Friday 6/1 at 07:30

What does the pre Emplyment letter say? I’m 111*, is this the first letter you have received from the T/O exam? 

On 5/25/2018 at 11:38 AM, kev2112 said:

Spoke to someone at MTA Employment. They said they are calling the 1300's from the list already.

Could I have the number please? I’m 111*, all I have gotten is my list number in the mail. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I got one license suspension and 2 accidents on my abstract? Will I be disqualified? Anyone with knowledge of process? 

Good question. I know for bus operator  you can't have more than 4 points but for TO it simply states valid license. Maybe someone else can clarify if they look at points as well.

Edited by Rohq

7 minutes ago, Rohq said:

Good question. I know for bus operator  you can't have more than 4 points but for TO it simply states valid license. Maybe someone else can clarify if they look at points as well.

Points aren't a problem if the ticket is paid. if its open it is a problem

I got my notice of results in the mail a week or 2 ago. I scored a 91.667 with a lost number in the mid 1800’s. The letter stated that the list will be established in either June or July..

I was disappointed with these results before I saw that they were working through the list already and so quickly. If I am lucky enough to get called and offered employment I feel as I have sufficient time to be prepared. 

What I did want to know is how are the medical benefits? Are they expensive? The ones I have now are great and are provided completely free by my company for myself and my family as well as a defined pension. 

2 hours ago, JoseL1992 said:

I graduate from college on Wednesday but I’m more looking forward to the pre employment date than my commencement 

So funny you say that. I just started college and was in a groove (4.0 GPA) but idk how I will be able to finish now. I'm not leaving this money on the table so I'm gonna have to drop out. 

1 hour ago, Dgopes said:

Me too, I’ll keep u posted if I get anything. Did you take the conductor exam?

I did not, tbh I took this as a fail safe job along with other city jobs and luckily I scored well enough on #7604. I’m in finance right now but I lack the college education to get me where I would like to be and we all know how job security in finance is. This would atleast be job security in my position.

11 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

So funny you say that. I just started college and was in a groove (4.0 GPA) but idk how I will be able to finish now. I'm not leaving this money on the table so I'm gonna have to drop out. 

You don’t have to drop out but consider it taking a break until you can get back even if it’s onine classes it tooo me 8 years to get this 4 year degree but I finally did it 

34 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

I did not, tbh I took this as a fail safe job along with other city jobs and luckily I scored well enough on #7604. I’m in finance right now but I lack the college education to get me where I would like to be and we all know how job security in finance is. This would atleast be job security in my position.

I hear that, I took so many mta exams. Stock worker for bus&railroad, conductor,multiple bus operator.. Hopefully you and I will be in the same class before the year is over.