ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

17 hours ago, Misslowe said:

As I stated before I pleaded my case. Filled in the blanks. I stated all the reasons why there was a discrepancy. I went on for 40 days and 40 nights in the empty box below. It was almost like I was begging. :( 

Same here pleaded for a mistake on my part or there's not to let it hinder my opportunity. I really gave em my all . I hope this best please stay in touch so we both can give each other results on our appeals best of luck to you .

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, 2nice said:

Put in order by the 5th fifth digit of your social..for example..if your social is 123456789....your number becomes 567891234...the lower the 5th digit, the higher you are on the list. This goes for ALL civil service exams.

Yes. That is correct. NYS Civil Service regulation 

23 hours ago, Billymadison101 said:

Male sure you filled it out correct and I had the same issue except they claimed I did not indicate if i had a permit or drivers license so I been calling last week everyday ... They say it could take up to 6 months for you to hear back on your appeal smh this hinders our process where we might have been called but this pushed us back drastically.

6 months?! Wow that sucks. I was hoping it would at least be in the next 30 days. Thanks.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, Billymadison101 said:

Male sure you filled it out correct and I had the same issue except they claimed I did not indicate if i had a permit or drivers license so I been calling last week everyday ... They say it could take up to 6 months for you to hear back on your appeal smh this hinders our process where we might have been called but this pushed us back drastically.

If I submitted my appeal, do you think I can call and get my score/rank or I need to wait for the appeal to be approved?

23 minutes ago, MoeMan said:

My list number on this exam is 6*** what are my chances of receiving an call?

if folks are dropping like flies, there may be a good chance. if what everyone's saying is true that they're almost up to the 1000's already anything can happen but don't throw all your eggs in one basket. even if you get called, will you pass medical/background/car? lots of variables that can play to your advantage and disadvantage.

7 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

if folks are dropping like flies, there may be a good chance. if what everyone's saying is true that they're almost up to the 1000's already anything can happen but don't throw all your eggs in one basket. even if you get called, will you pass medical/background/car? lots of variables that can play to your advantage and disadvantage.

That is great news and I really appreciate your honesty. I have a clean driving record, never been arrested. 

WE SHALL SEE! 

29 minutes ago, njbk said:

Will i need dispositions for any time I’ve ever been to court, or only if I’ve been arrested?

when I went through background check for a different exam (2000) which was also handled by dcas, I asked for a disposition letter, the court took my name and SS# and provided me with a letter that was under my name. I forgot how much the fee was but it was minimal, I went in with that form which had the court seal stamped and it was approved and didn't give me any issues.

I believe you only list any arrests on the documents, not every time you've been to court.

Edited by MTAHopeful813
edit

2 hours ago, snif1118 said:

If I submitted my appeal, do you think I can call and get my score/rank or I need to wait for the appeal to be approved?

No im upset they can't give us our scores or listing number because we was dq'd they stated after the appeal get a granted then we will be available to receive our score and rank.

37 minutes ago, OB456 said:

Anyone receive email for medical that attended pre-employment on 5/17 ...still waiting ...list number 3**

I attended pre-employment on 5/17 and still waiting for medical. My list number is 3**.

23 minutes ago, Billymadison101 said:

No im upset they can't give us our scores or listing number because we was dq'd they stated after the appeal get a granted then we will be available to receive our score and rank.

Thanks for responding. That stinks!! :(

1 minute ago, N1CKR said:

Did anyone complete the appeal form for the driver license/ permit requirement?  

I did I sent it out it said " I did not indicate if i had one" so I sent my drivers license since I no longer have my permit with the date on it. Now its just a waiting game totally upset this pushed back a few of our process. 

I got dumped because I didn't have a NYS license (I work in aviation out of state). Although the rule said "must have a license valid in the state of New York" Which is true of any license as long as NYS doesn't suspend your reciprocity privliges, so I'm going to appeal since it doesn't say it has to be ISSUED by NYS. Wish me luck.

Does anyone know what info you to accurately complete the pre employment packet? I work in Albany but live in NYC. I don’t want to take multiple days off so I can gather the info from different agencies. I know for sure I need court dispositions for arrests, but I got a ticket on the train for taking up two seats. Do I need any paperwork for that ticket? Do I need copy of my H.S diploma? Or my social security statements to prove I worked at a job for over a year? Any info will help. 

Sorry about the long question... 

7 hours ago, N1CKR said:

Did anyone complete the appeal form for the driver license/ permit requirement?  

Yes I did. I sent it express too. I live in Brooklyn so they got it the next day. Just here twiddling thumbs -_-