My Subway Map

lilbluefoxie

I made this in Adobe Illustrator using a scan of my 1988 Subway map, took me 3 days to finish. I wanted something I can fit in my pocket thats small and manageable. I can set it within illustrator to be for weekends or weekdays, this is weekday/rush hour service.

nyc-subway-map-vector.jpg

The forum reduced the size of it somewhat, here is the regular size.Click Here

My 88 map had <5> going all the way to Wakefield-241, I only realised after I had finished that section that it only goes to Neried Ave.

I might make one for weekend service, with some of the weekday only lines like (:P <M> (W)(Z)<4><5><6><7> removed

Nice map. Very interesting map; despite the fact that only the <6> and <7> use diamonds now and the (G) is still advertised as going to Forest Hills (although most times it doesn't), this map is basically a blast from the past, with just the present changes added. Not bad at all!

Nice map. Very interesting map; despite the fact that only the <6> and <7> use diamonds now and the (G) is still advertised as going to Forest Hills (although most times it doesn't), this map is basically a blast from the past, with just the present changes added. Not bad at all!

I took some artistic license with putting the routes in because I think the diamond bullets look better than the dashed lines, also it seems like (G) never gets to Forest Hills lately, from what I hear even during weekends it stops at Court Square.

I'm thinking of doing some other cities or some historical configurations, (its easy now all the names are there, i just have to edit some lines and change teh bullets) I got two old subway maps, an 1988 and a 1983.

I made this in Adobe Illustrator using a scan of my 1988 Subway map, took me 3 days to finish. I wanted something I can fit in my pocket thats small and manageable. I can set it within illustrator to be for weekends or weekdays, this is weekday/rush hour service.

That is excellent work there. I really like the way it looks. :tup:

This is great. I'm also still a fan of the diamonds. Some things to change: in your line destination chart, change 57th St/6th Av to 57th St/7th Av for the (Q). Pelham Bay Park and Nereid Av are spelled wrong. But otherwise, I absolutely love it.

Honestly the MTA should bring back the diamonds to signify rush hour peak direction service on whatever lines necessary.

Yeah, the definition for diamond service now is "an express variant in peak direction as the original routing". It used to be just any rush hour service. I guess they thought it was kind of ambiguous, because some of the diamonds did not offer express service and some did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

nyc-subway-map-vector.jpg

The forum reduced the size of it somewhat, here is the regular size.Click Here

I cannot access it.

Archived