Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
lilbluefoxie

My Subway Map

I made this in Adobe Illustrator using a scan of my 1988 Subway map, took me 3 days to finish. I wanted something I can fit in my pocket thats small and manageable. I can set it within illustrator to be for weekends or weekdays, this is weekday/rush hour service.

nyc-subway-map-vector.jpg

The forum reduced the size of it somewhat, here is the regular size.Click Here

Excellent looks more of a classic. But the <5> should of been moved next to 238th not 241st i guess..

But nice work I think a Sub-Forum for Transit Maps should be made...!

My 88 map had <5> going all the way to Wakefield-241, I only realised after I had finished that section that it only goes to Neried Ave.

I might make one for weekend service, with some of the weekday only lines like (:P <M> (W)(Z)<4><5><6><7> removed

Nice map. Very interesting map; despite the fact that only the <6> and <7> use diamonds now and the (G) is still advertised as going to Forest Hills (although most times it doesn't), this map is basically a blast from the past, with just the present changes added. Not bad at all!

Nice map. Very interesting map; despite the fact that only the <6> and <7> use diamonds now and the (G) is still advertised as going to Forest Hills (although most times it doesn't), this map is basically a blast from the past, with just the present changes added. Not bad at all!

I took some artistic license with putting the routes in because I think the diamond bullets look better than the dashed lines, also it seems like (G) never gets to Forest Hills lately, from what I hear even during weekends it stops at Court Square.

I'm thinking of doing some other cities or some historical configurations, (its easy now all the names are there, i just have to edit some lines and change teh bullets) I got two old subway maps, an 1988 and a 1983.

I made this in Adobe Illustrator using a scan of my 1988 Subway map, took me 3 days to finish. I wanted something I can fit in my pocket thats small and manageable. I can set it within illustrator to be for weekends or weekdays, this is weekday/rush hour service.

That is excellent work there. I really like the way it looks. :tup:

This is great. I'm also still a fan of the diamonds. Some things to change: in your line destination chart, change 57th St/6th Av to 57th St/7th Av for the (Q). Pelham Bay Park and Nereid Av are spelled wrong. But otherwise, I absolutely love it.

(V)ery nice detail don't ya miss the 80's big yellow turnstyles 110 fare sneaking under the turnstyle I miss those days man I wish I had an 80's map

Honestly the MTA should bring back the diamonds to signify rush hour peak direction service on whatever lines necessary.

Honestly the MTA should bring back the diamonds to signify rush hour peak direction service on whatever lines necessary.

Yeah, the definition for diamond service now is "an express variant in peak direction as the original routing". It used to be just any rush hour service. I guess they thought it was kind of ambiguous, because some of the diamonds did not offer express service and some did.

Excellent! I love how the pre-1997 maps have almost no straight lines for the routes to pinpoint a more accurate location of stations themselves.

Excellent! I love how the pre-1997 maps have almost no straight lines for the routes to pinpoint a more accurate location of stations themselves.

And how they don't have boxes indicating bus connections that clutter things up

Guest lance25

The link must have been moved recently. Here it is now as well as the other transit-related works that were created.

Yeah even when they had that they had issues with crews not changing those signs to express, big example of this is on the 7 line.

can you guys tell me how to see it?? I cannot find the link or were is it??

Perhaps because the thread is more than 6 months old?

nyc-subway-map-vector.jpg

The forum reduced the size of it somewhat, here is the regular size.Click Here

I cannot access it.