Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

They held you up because of a parking ticket!?

When I was down there I had a parking ticket that I had just got two days prior. When my name was called to turn in my application I told the lady and she let me know that I couldn't do the drug test until that was cleared up. Luckily she told me that I can just go pay the ticket real quick in person, get the receipt, and come right back. Took me about 30 mins to walk over the place, pay it off, and get back. After I was done with the urine test and went back to the counter, another lady had told me I was done for the day and to wait for a call to get my medical.

My boy told me once you get the medical, you go fill out more paperwork by the union and a few other things. I have my envelope with another application in it that was called my "homework" by the guy I initially seen. So I'm guessing I need to have that all filled out by the time I head back over there.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They held you up because of a parking ticket!?

Yup. Couldn't take the drug test unless it was paid off. Couldn't pay it online either. I had to physically go to 210 Joralemon, pay it, and come back to show the receipt. Luckily my girl was home to give me the ticket number because being that it was a brand new ticket, I couldn't just use my lisence plate number since it wasn't even updated in the system yet. It all took about an extra half hour so it wasn't too bad. Hopefully I have no hold ups on Monday when I go for my medical.

If you don't mind me asking. What type of tickets did you have?

Yup. Couldn't take the drug test unless it was paid off. Couldn't pay it online either. I had to physically go to 210 Joralemon, pay it, and come back to show the receipt. Luckily my girl was home to give me the ticket number because being that it was a brand new ticket, I couldn't just use my lisence plate number since it wasn't even updated in the system yet. It all took about an extra half hour so it wasn't too bad. Hopefully I have no hold ups on Monday when I go for my medical.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but, I just tried on my "temporary" uniform for training, and I gotta say I think I make one cute ass conductor LOL!

I had to get my shirt from the little boys department though... womens doesnt have it, and mens are way too big.... little boys size 14 was perfect lmaooooooo

Yes!!! I was sworn in as a CONDUCTOR on Thurs!!! I'm excited to start class on Aug 24...Hottie, glad everything worked out! I heard a lady telling someone else there a Sept class as well. Prosperousguy89 give them a call and see what they say.

Yes!!! I was sworn in as a CONDUCTOR on Thurs!!! I'm excited to start class on Aug 24...Hottie, glad everything worked out! I heard a lady telling someone else there a Sept class as well. Prosperousguy89 give them a call and see what they say.

so awesome, right?! I technically was supposed to be sworn in on Thursday, but I had a teeny medical hold issue which was quickly resolved in less than 24 hours, so I was appointed Friday instead. As I was being sworn in, I gotta a wee-bit emotional LOL! It felt so official, and seemed so surreal how after 7 years this is finally happening. Big ups to the 8-24 class!!!!!!

Let us know if you make the august class !!!!!  Heeeeeere's jhonny!!!

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but, I just tried on my "temporary" uniform for training, and I gotta say I think I make one cute ass conductor LOL! Pics please ;)

I had to get my shirt from the little boys department though... womens doesnt have it, and mens are way too big.... little boys size 14 was perfect lmaooooooo

pics please ;) congrats once again. Knock' em dead missy

Pics where?! LOL There's nowhere to show pics on here LOL.... 

lol

lol I take private messages. ;)

As stated in the rules of the site, which can be viewed at http://www.nyctransitforums.com/rules/, please stay on-topic. If you wish to send each other private messages about this, that's fine, but it is inappropriate for this thread, especially since it is close to 400 pages. Also, my strong advice is to be professional as well. You never know if and when you will meet these people in real life.

By the way - as far as posting pictures, you have to first upload them to a Image Hosting site, such as TinyPic, which is free, then copy the URL link on this site, whether in a private message or in a thread, then you are good to go. If you are tech-savvy, and you have some time to play around with this, you should be able to figure it out.

If you don't mind me asking. What type of tickets did you have?

It was a street cleaning ticket. No parking from 1130-1.The sign was so faded from the sun, I could barely make it out. I got back to my car @1230 and there was the ticket. Womp womp. $45 that I squared off right away. I was even planning on paying that ticket that same day after getting out from my initial processing. Didn't think something like that would've held me up. So just clear up anything tickets you may have before you're due to go down there.

Thanks for the heads up.

It was a street cleaning ticket. No parking from 1130-1.The sign was so faded from the sun, I could barely make it out. I got back to my car @1230 and there was the ticket. Womp womp. $45 that I squared off right away. I was even planning on paying that ticket that same day after getting out from my initial processing. Didn't think something like that would've held me up. So just clear up anything tickets you may have before you're due to go down there.

Same thing I was thinking. Just moving violations...anything against your license.

I wouldn't have mentioned it. Even though It would've been paid anyway. I don't think they look for parking tickets. Just traffic violations.

@Nae320 congrats ! & I have been calling the MTA employment human resource center..same lady picks up she told me that they are up to 3344..DCAS automative system says otherwise..I also asked her is there a class every month she said no it depends on the vacancies of the position..I wonder how many people are in school car..if it's a small or large class..8/24 class keep me updated please

On my way home after getting everything processed and sworn in!! MTA here I come baby! I start on September 28th which is perfect for me. I'll be able to actually take off from my current job to witness the birth of my 1st child! :) I won't have to miss any classes what so ever. Woooohoooo congratulations to those already sworn in as well, and to all the hopefuls, stay positive!!

On my way home after getting everything processed and sworn in!! MTA here I come baby! I start on September 28th which is perfect for me. I'll be able to actually take off from my current job to witness the birth of my 1st child! :) I won't have to miss any classes what so ever. Woooohoooo congratulations to those already sworn in as well, and to all the hopefuls, stay positive!!

Congrats! Better get ready for those sleepless night. Better use those nights to stay and study. Lol. Congrats and knock em dead.

Congrats and welcome to the family to all the new hires. Do a good job and keep your nose clean during year one and you'll be able to make a good career outta this job. There's limitless possibilities for growth once you've got your foot in the door. Take all the promo exams you qualify for. Start saving your money from day one with the 401K and 457B plans. Well once again congrats. 

I'm assuming on Monday during orientation they're gonna explain to us in full detail the difference between each health insurance plan and what each one covers, etc.? As well as the differences in pension tiers, 401K, etc? Contribution rates? ALL THAT?  :mellow:

@MsHottieWithBody when you got your first appointment letter to report to 130 Livingston street how long was the process before being sworn in ? Like did they call you back quick to bring in your paper work & do your DT

@MsHottieWithBody when you got your first appointment letter to report to 130 Livingston street how long was the process before being sworn in ? Like did they call you back quick to bring in your paper work & do your DT

You mean the pre-employment letter. I got my pre-employment letter on June 26th, went to 180 Livingston and did my drug test on July 1st, got called back for medical/final processing on August 10th, and was sworn in on August 14th.

@MsHottieWithBody yes all that will be covered on your first day at 130 and u will also receive your ID/Pass/Lifetime unlimited metrocard highlight of the day to many lol

Definitely the highlight to me, except for the fact that when I took my ID pic I had a damn stye. I hope the ID picture on the ID is very, very tiny. Update: the stye is GONE.

You mean the pre-employment letter. I got my pre-employment letter on June 26th, went to 180 Livingston and did my drug test on July 1st, got called back for medical/final processing on August 10th, and was sworn in on August 14th.

Thanks for the details ! & congrats to you..my homegirl got her pre employment letter Tuesday & she has to go in tomorrow for the initial processing hopefully she be in the September class if all her paperwork is right

Thanks, and congrats to her  :)

You welcome & I'm waiting too it's been 7 years smh...once you get the pre-employment letter does that mean you got the job just have to do background check & etc to see if your qualified ? And besides failing the drug test what do you think can stop you from getting hired ?

You welcome & I'm waiting too it's been 7 years smh...once you get the pre-employment letter does that mean you got the job just have to do background check & etc to see if your qualified ? And besides failing the drug test what do you think can stop you from getting hired ?

Getting the pre-employment letter means you're being CONSIDERED for hire, which is why it reads "probable appointment" in the letter. You're hired as long as you meet the qualifications. You're officially hired the second time you go in (medical/final processing). The only thing that can stop you from being hired is a medical hold that you fail to resolve,

Archived