Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s how it goes with me so far called DCAS yesterday.

Exam# 8006 Bus Opearator

List# 2950.5

Number of Eligibles: 3758

Last Person appointed: 461

Exam# 8094 Conductor

List# 8678

Num of Eligibles: 14880

Last Person appointed: none

Still got a long way to go before they ever get to me…had my class B license with Passenger and Tank endorsement for 3 years…still no luck looking for work with my license, but I have been struggling looking for work 7 days a week since I hate my current job. Been applying every where with the economy still at its tough times. I’m thinking about taking some bartending courses just so I can try to make some extra money on the side, until something comes up real soon. It’s hard to look for work these days… really it is… :confused:

Here’s how it goes with me so far called DCAS yesterday.

Exam# 8006 Bus Opearator

List# 2950.5

Number of Eligibles: 3758

Last Person appointed: 461

Exam# 8094 Conductor

List# 8678

Num of Eligibles: 14880

Last Person appointed: none

Still got a long way to go before they ever get to me…had my class B license with Passenger and Tank endorsement for 3 years…still no luck looking for work with my license, but I have been struggling looking for work 7 days a week since I hate my current job. Been applying every where with the economy still at its tough times. I’m thinking about taking some bartending courses just so I can try to make some extra money on the side, until something comes up real soon. It’s hard to look for work these days… really it is… :confused:

You wrote the same exact thing in the 8006 thread?

Mass unfortunately they will never get up to your number for conductor

They also probaly won't get to your number for bus operator either . And why are you saying

No one was appointed to cr when there are 2 classes going on now ???

Pmj I was wondering when will mta call for the next 400 names and will the resignation of the head of the mta affect the pace at which the o/c 8094 list is moving? And at my list #1,33#

is next year too unrealistic to expect my # to be reached? What do you think.:cool:

I don't think Walder's resignation will imapct hiring. The budget stays the same even if he leaves. Walder's resignation might have an impact on the upcoming TWU contract negotiations. That's about it.

Hopefuly we will all be hired this year because next year Cuomo is going full steam on Tier 6. So we could very well be the last people hired under Tier 5.

Pmj I was wondering when will mta call for the next 400 names and will the resignation of the head of the mta affect the pace at which the o/c 8094 list is moving? And at my list #1,33#

is next year too unrealistic to expect my # to be reached? What do you think.:cool:

You will probaly be reached next year sometime I don't think walder quitting will

Affect hiring.

I don't think Walder's resignation will imapct hiring. The budget stays the same even if he leaves. Walder's resignation might have an impact on the upcoming TWU contract negotiations. That's about it.

Hopefuly we will all be hired this year because next year Cuomo is going full steam on Tier 6. So we could very well be the last people hired under Tier 5.

Donald there is no tier 5 that's only for nys employees

Well I got news for you. The last of conductor hired is like 160 something or so. And we have 25/55 plan so far. You contribute 3 percent of your earnings towards the pension for ten years and its yours. Keeps your heads up, next class should be in august someti me. Good luck

:cool:

30 conductors started this week, going to the B div. they're all list #'s up to the mid to high 100's. some with numbers higher than that have been called down for drug screening/medical/pre employment (and haven't started yet), but i don't know the highest list number that got the letter in the mail.

resignation should not affect the hiring pace. operations personnel are the most recession proof anyway. service has been cut about as much as it can be realistically.

nothing is too unrealistic. it's probably you'll get called at some point during 2012 with that list number, but not guaranteed.

also 20 train operators started this week...10 to the a div, 10 to the b div IIRC. train operator promotionals help the hiring rate for conductors slightly, since many (but not all) promotionals for t/o come from the c/r ranks

Current TA hires are all tier 4 in NYCERS.

Subway guy

There is no tier 5 in nycers the highest is tier 4

arghh...wasn't thinking...tier 5 is what cuomo is pushing for. everyone hired by ta currently is Tier 4.

thanks for the correction...i missed it earlier when typing that up.

They also probaly won't get to your number for bus operator either . And why are you saying

That's the info that I get from DCAS about the CR class

The problem with the B/O list(8006) is that it's almost 2 years since it's been

established, but they just started using that list a few months ago.

The reason why they went through the entire list from the 5025 was because

they hired a lot in the beginning which is why they gave the next exam just

2 years after instead of 4 years. I feel like he has a chance since the B/O

lists move fast during times of hiring.

I doubt they will get up to mass # he's at the bottom of the list a slim chance at best

But most likely not

Thanks being positive to me Loco. Yes I am at the bottom of the list for B/O, but who knows when they will ever get to me. Conductor I have a long wait too since there's a lot of people scored in the 90's. I'm still looking else where 7 days a week, and at the sametime I'm not depending...

Mass you can forget about conductor you have a zero chance of getting hired for that title

I'm not trying to be harsh just being honest with you wouldn't you want that instead of false hope ??? As for bus operator you have a very slim chance of getting called the list expires in 2 more years so you may have a shot at the very end .

Thanks being positive to me Loco. Yes I am at the bottom of the list for B/O, but who knows when they will ever get to me. Conductor I have a long wait too since there's a lot of people scored in the 90's. I'm still looking else where 7 days a week, and at the sametime I'm not depending...

Hey MTA BUS will be hiring, the filling date for that exam is from AUG 6 to sept 27. So keep a eye on that, hope that will help.

Well I got news for you. The last of conductor hired is like 160 something or so. And we have 25/55 plan so far. You contribute 3 percent of your earnings towards the pension for ten years and its yours. Keeps your heads up, next class should be in august someti me. Good luck

:cool:

Actually this information is not accurate as part of the 25/55 plan in nyct you contribute

2% of your salary for the entire duration .

Archived