Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cool:so let me make sure that I understand you pmj. One has to have near perfect vision 20/40 uncorrected ie: no glasses to pass the vision test for conductor?:cool:
20/40 uncorrected both if you have a vision problem wear your glasses for the test thats a common sense question:confused:

20/40 uncorrected both if you have a vision problem wear your glasses for the test thats a common sense question:confused:

See this is the problem with this thread. I asked for clarification on an issue and I get you asserting that I lack common sense! This is why I dont post much. Rudeness and sarcasm take the place of information and simple clarification. I will ask that in the future that you refrain from answering any question that I might post on this and any other forum.:cool:

No, that is not common sense. Someone who has never been through such a vision test would not know that.

last I heard the last number called for medical was 176. This was tols to me by a shiela last wednesday, I'm still waiting to get called up for medical.....I asked how long is the drug test good for she told me 90 days. This is taking too long already.

Who told you that? Sheila E? First time I heard of that on here, they all say

30 days. I think she meant to say that the medical is good for 90 days.

We are all slowly but steadily going insane, pretty soon we will be like

Shortline Bus watching Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood..:confused:

Who told you that? Sheila E? First time I heard of that on here, they all say

30 days. I think she meant to say that the medical is good for 90 days.

We are all slowly but steadily going insane, pretty soon we will be like

Shortline Bus watching Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood..:confused:

No I explained to her that I was waiting to get called for medical, and she told me the drug test was good for 90 I also called again on 7/13 and again last # called for medical is 176. If she's wrong then I don't know. I'm just waiting....

See this is the problem with this thread. I asked for clarification on an issue and I get you asserting that I lack common sense! This is why I dont post much. Rudeness and sarcasm take the place of information and simple clarification. I will ask that in the future that you refrain from answering any question that I might post on this and any other forum.:cool:
well dont you think if you said you have a vision problem why would you not bring your glasses for the test yes your post lacked good judgement sorry if i insulted your high IQ...

Hey can anyone tell me during training and even afterwards do they give you off two days in a row every week? I know it will be different days and shifts but do they at least give you two days to recoup? Also when do we get uniforms and howmany? LOL Again thanks in advance.

Hey can anyone tell me during training and even afterwards do they give you off two days in a row every week? I know it will be different days and shifts but do they at least give you two days to recoup? Also when do we get uniforms and howmany? LOL Again thanks in advance.

Yes RDO'S(Regular Days Off)as they are called are always consecutive. During training you'll have sat/sun RDO's. Enjoy them because you won't have them for years to come or holidays, unless they fall on your rdo's. Uniforms are ordered from the uniform company after they measure you. It takes about two weeks to get the shipment from fed ex. They give you 12 shirts 6 long and 6 short sleeve. 5 pants, 6 ties 1 coat. Other uniform accessories are subjective to title beyond what I mentioned.

Yeah I figured weekends off will be a long ways away until I get some seniority. LOL Come labor day I am sure I will be still in training would I get a three day weekend? That would be sweet. Are there any usual shifts that no one wants and that I would probably get stuck working? Just curious.

Yeah I figured weekends off will be a long ways away until I get some seniority. LOL Come labor day I am sure I will be still in training would I get a three day weekend? That would be sweet. Are there any usual shifts that no one wants and that I would probably get stuck working? Just curious.

These are the shifts if im correct...

AM's 0400 hrs to 1159 hrs..

PM's 1200 to 2159 hrs..

Midnights 2200 hrs to 0359 hrs

You can work any hrs during those shifts you may work into different shifts(AM's to PMs, Midnights to AMs,PM's to Midnights)."Needs Of the Service" Once you belong to the Crew Office unless iTs a family Emergency your needs dont matter.. B)

Well thank you. So it would not be the 4-12, 12-20 and 20-4? I heard that as a newbie I can work mixed shifts and such. I guess the over nights are the shifts I would most like get? Just trying to get an idea. And as a conductor we do have to wear ties?

These are the shifts if im correct...

AM's 0400 hrs to 1159 hrs..

PM's 1200 to 2159 hrs..

Midnights 2200 hrs to 0359 hrs

You can work any hrs during those shifts you may work into different shifts(AM's to PMs, Midnights to AMs,PM's to Midnights)."Needs Of the Service" Once you belong to the Crew Office unless iTs a family Emergency your needs dont matter.. B)

What time does night differential kick in? 1600(4pm) or 1800(6pm) hrs?

To comment on a couple things here:

Night differential kicks in at 1800 hrs.

Regarding tours (AMs, PMs, midnights) if the AM tour ends at 1159 and the PM tour starts at 12, this is to keep things separate. An employee who starts work that day at 1159 is on the AM tour, while an employee who reports at 1200 is said to be on the PMs

The crew office will assign you a tour each week. The week runs from Sunday through Saturday so if you have "weekends off" you actually have Sunday/Saturday off, not the other way around. And yes, this means if your RDO's change for the next week, for that week you may not get two consecutive days off. But it's also possible to get three or four consecutive days off, so it swings both ways.

-The Sunday/Saturday thing is important because the crew office will let you know your RDO's sometime the Thursday of the week before. Meaning if Thursday is, say, January 1st, they'll let you know your RDO's and tour for the week beginning Sunday January 4 through Saturday January 10. That means the person will know generically that they are working "PMs" (example) and their RDO's are Tuesday/Wednesday. However, they won't know what time they're actually supposed to come in until 2 days before that working day. So on Wednesday of that week they'll know their reporting time and location for Thursday and Friday, but not for Saturday. However, they do know they'll be working (it's not an RDO), and they do know that their shift will start sometime between 1200 and 2159 (because they are on the PM tour that week).

They'll never know when their shift ends, because needs of the service may require overtime.

Hope that makes sense.

How long is the drug test good for? I took it over a month ago and still didn't receive a call yet to take the medical.

30 days. So unfortunately you're going to have to take another drug test before you can move on to take the medical.

Cleared my "BS" medical hold last week. Orientation this Monday 7/25. Moderators kindly update my status officially to "Conductor"..... Thanx in advance. :P:)B):)

Please keep this thread going as it was very helpful to me and will be to others..... See you on the road....

Cleared my "BS" medical hold last week. Orientation this Monday 7/25. Moderators kindly update my status officially to "Conductor"..... Thanx in advance. :P:)B):)

Please keep this thread going as it was very helpful to me and will be to others..... See you on the road....

please post the list number of last called if you know it

Cleared my "BS" medical hold last week. Orientation this Monday 7/25. Moderators kindly update my status officially to "Conductor"..... Thanx in advance. -_-:)B):)

Welcome!

Cleared my "BS" medical hold last week. Orientation this Monday 7/25. Moderators kindly update my status officially to "Conductor"..... Thanx in advance. -_-:)B):)

congrats and welcome

Just want to get something confirmed by somebody who would know this but is there a class for August? I had a quick chat with a T/O last evening he told me there's a class in August. Just saying in case anyone here has heard the same.

Just want to get something confirmed by somebody who would know this but is there a class for August? I had a quick chat with a T/O last evening he told me there's a class in August. Just saying in case anyone here has heard the same.

After some checking around I'm told that there will be a class in August. Date and size to be announced, I wasn't able to get that info.

Archived