Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

If you try to use MNRR to come to/from work, be prepared for that 3.5 hour gap with no service. That's especially crucial if you're on AMs and have a 0600 job at Flatbush.

I know a conductor who commute from Ithaca, NY (a good 4+ hours each way). There are some TA employees who commute from as far as DELAWARE.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you try to use MNRR to come to/from work, be prepared for that 3.5 hour gap with no service. That's especially crucial if you're on AMs and have a 0600 job at Flatbush.

I know a conductor who commute from Ithaca, NY (a good 4+ hours each way). There are some TA employees who commute from as far as DELAWARE.

Thats why I'm gonna stay in the apartment I have now so that the crew office doesnt mess with my life too much while being an extra. From my part of the Bronx, the only two places I'd have problems with are Astoria (doubling back at 59th for the (N) or taking the M60 bus across the bridge arent too fun) and Rockaway Park (a three train ride.) Everywhere else is only one transfer for me.

Good luck to all the new C/R's. I'm a TSS in A Div so if your in A Div good chance I'll see you. Now about commuting that's something you have to be willing to do. You get a Pass for NYCT subways and busses they expect you to be on time. They do offer transit check. I commute from PA to Manhattan/Bronx and Brooklyn taken public transit take me 2 1/2 hours. However I cummuted for the last 12 years in various Titles so I'm use to it.

I'll be in Westchester Yard, Monday @ 8am b4 posting. Hope to be able to meet your acquaintance while we're there. Look for TSS Perez & you'll find us newbies. Lol

Yesterday was my first day post'n & had the best & most knowledgeable conductor on the 1⃣ #1 Line. He's straight by the book & quizzed me as we made our 3 trips. I enjoyed myself...hope today is just as pleasant. I salute & praise Mr. Jasper Garner for a job well done 4 teach'n me & allow'n me to shadow him. ????

It was 1 year ago today that the first class from this O/C exam started their careers at NYCT. As of today, 15 C/R's in A-Div and as many as 20 in B-Div have passed probation and are now full-fledged conductors!

I meet a lady yesterday in the A, while I posted, that just finished her Probation. I congratulate her & all the others for successfully completing their first year!! YAYYYY!! ????I can't wait til my year is up next year. Lls

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows what number they r up to. My number is 1125 and I was wondering if I would be hearing something from them by the summer.. Any info would be greatly appreciated...

If I'm not mistaken people in the low 700 range just got called for the drug/alcohol screening. My number is in the high 900s and I don't expect to hear anything until sometime around Thanksgiving at the earliest.

Yesterday was my first day post'n & had the best & most knowledgeable conductor on the 1⃣ #1 Line. He's straight by the book & quizzed me as we made our 3 trips. I enjoyed myself...hope today is just as pleasant. I salute & praise Mr. Jasper Garner for a job well done 4 teach'n me & allow'n me to shadow him.

Congrats!! I can't wait for the call. Hopefully they keep moving at this nice pace and I can get the A div. What time where you at VC 242? Thats my station, it would be kind of funny if we passed each other and didn't even know it!

Yesterday was my first day post'n & had the best & most knowledgeable conductor on the 1⃣ #1 Line. He's straight by the book & quizzed me as we made our 3 trips.

I met one of your classmates today. He wasn't assigned to me but I still gave him a couple lessons between trips, as I rode his train into work and could see where his strengths and shortcomings were so far. There's a good chance I may get someone tomorrow, as they've been trying to give me students on my Friday job the last 2 weeks, but at least now I'm officially off probation and can actually take them!

Congrats! When do you start?

Thanks! I start July 9th. From what I saw when I was down there for medical/final processing, they're well into the 720's for the initial drug test. Don't quote me on it because there's also people there that took other exams as well. Also, they're only calling about 6 per day to come down for medical/final processing for conductor once the results for their drug test comes back. Thats from what I saw yesterday

720's already? I'm in the upper 900's, but my number is just before SubwayRat's IINM. This might actually wreck my holidays (even if it does, I'm still taking the job ASAP)

Now that the MTA's hinting that they might have some extra money, IMO they should get that new contract signed too so that some of the more senior people can retire with their retroactive pay raises.

720's already? I'm in the upper 900's, but my number is just before SubwayRat's IINM. This might actually wreck my holidays (even if it does, I'm still taking the job ASAP)

Now that the MTA's hinting that they might have some extra money, IMO they should get that new contract signed too so that some of the more senior people can retire with their retroactive pay raises.

I'm in the 990's - so I'm sure you're a few ahead of me.

Here's my question concerning the new labor contract - will they still go ahead with part-time for conductors?

You'll be called before you know it. Just make sure you're healthy and your eyes & hearing is on point because that medical exam aint not joke...lol

Or you can do like my father did and try to beat the test in the TA's restroom...

Needless to say he got caught and disqualified on the spot. This happened when I was younger and he was still living in the house.

I didn't know about this story up until a couple of years ago before me and him stopped communicating.

Archived