Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

That's what I am doing! Earlier in this thread I read this and for me a number of people here it has and will work.

Start an excersize program,get your a1c and blood pressure under control. Go to your doctor now! ;-)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the 990's - so I'm sure you're a few ahead of me.

Here's my question concerning the new labor contract - will they still go ahead with part-time for conductors?

It all depends on what the Union allows....if they allow it (to be included in the contract)...good chances are they were blinded by the $$$$ given to them under the table. I just pray that they see the bigger picture and help us all out by not allowing part-timers in both RTO and DOB opposed to making deals to better themselves as individuals.

The benificial use of the time until one is called is the answer to the health issues. If one uses the time to get ones health in order I think the worries of the physicals would be a needless worry.

My only worry is the eye exam - is it going to be similar to the test given at an optometrist, or will be a DMV-style exam? I need to make an appointment with my eye doctor!

That's what I am doing! Earlier in this thread I read this and for me a number of people here it has and will work.

Start an excersize program,get your a1c and blood pressure under control. Go to your doctor now! ;-)

My only worry is the eye exam - is it going to be similar to the test given at an optometrist, or will be a DMV-style exam? I need to make an appointment with my eye doctor!

Bro, Its worse than the DMV exam..lol. You're going to be looking at different shapes, symbols, and to see if your colorblind. It was a challenge for me and I wear glasses..lol

Yes definitely! I was almost put on medical hold due to my pressure. But that was because I was a nervous wreck. LOL

Make sure you get plenty of sleep the night prior to medical/final process. In addition, make sure your blood sugar is up to par and not high because they check that too during the exam.

I've learned thru this thread from the veterans..when it comes to the medical exam questionnaire DO NOT ANSWER HONESTLY!! U will end up put'n yurself on medical hold!! So answer every question with a NO! I've seen it happen to several ppl while I went back in May. It was crazy how some had left to quickly rush to their doctors office for proof only to come back & still given a flat NO & medical hold still in tack! So don't incriminate yurself!! Simple! Good luck!

I've learned thru this thread from the veterans..when it comes to the medical exam questionnaire DO NOT ANSWER HONESTLY!! U will end up put'n yurself on medical hold!! So answer every question with a NO! I've seen it happen to several ppl while I went back in May. It was crazy how some had left to quickly rush to their doctors office for proof only to come back & still given a flat NO & medical hold still in tack! So don't incriminate yurself!! Simple! Good luck!

I couldnt agree more. I mean you cant lie if you wear glasses..lol. Everything else, they dont need to know. Unless, they physically see it.

Lie?

Do they ask if you've had any procedures or operations recently?

Do you have to sign anything so they can check your records (physical/mental/anything health related?)

There's a questionaire that you have to do prior to having the medical exam done. Then its the medical (EKG, vision, another urine test (they check for diabetes), and hearing) Once you're done, you see the doctor who will then determine if you'll be placed on medical hold or if your qualified. They make their determinations based on their findings in the exam and your questionaire that was done. To really answer the question, yes they do ask and they ask how long ago was the operation and/or procedure done. As long as you dont have any severe medical issues (diabetes, high blood pressure, seizures, etc.) your good. Just dont be a nervous wreck..lol I know sure was

There's a questionaire that you have to do prior to having the medical exam done. Then its the medical (EKG, vision, another urine test (they check for diabetes), and hearing) Once you're done, you see the doctor who will then determine if you'll be placed on medical hold or if your qualified. They make their determinations based on their findings in the

exam and your questionaire that was done. To really answer the question, yes they do ask and they ask how long ago was the operation and/or procedure done. As long as you dont have any

severe medical issues (diabetes, high blood

pressure, seizures, etc.) your good. Just dont be

a nervous wreck..lol I know sure was

I'm taking Amlodipine for blood pressure. My bp is normal now with the medication, plus I've lost over 40 lbs since early 2011. I wonder if that could be used against me.

i'm sitting at home filling out the package that was given to us on Wednesday. I'm blown away at the info needed to get this job, places I worked at since high school?, really? I had two jobs in the last 30yrs, that not enough? Anyway about this residency thing..Bottom line, do I have to move to NYC from Jersey to be a Conductor? I'm a rather smart guy, but the applicant guideline booklet is somewhat confusing when it come to the residency requirements. Any help would be great.

And what are the consequences if one lies and is caught

If you dont give em a reason they wont look any further BUT if you do have high blood pressure or sugar issues sooner or later in yer annual it will come up.. YES they do annual physicals you havent seen anything yet just wait...

i'm sitting at home filling out the package that was given to us on Wednesday. I'm blown away at the info needed to get this job, places I worked at since high school?, really? I had two jobs in the last 30yrs, that not enough? Anyway about this residency thing..Bottom line, do I have to move to NYC from Jersey to be a Conductor? I'm a rather smart guy, but the applicant guideline booklet is somewhat confusing when it come to the residency requirements. Any help would be great.

No Residency requirements BUT you gotta tell em everything work wise they check, if you lie about anything on that they will terminate you. I seen it.

If you dont give em a reason they wont look any further BUT if you do have high blood pressure or sugar issues sooner or later in yer annual it will come up.. YES they do annual physicals you havent seen anything yet just wait...

No Residency requirements BUT you gotta tell em everything work wise they check, if you lie about anything on that they will terminate you. I seen it.

Between 2002 & early 2005 I worked temp jobs and was paid by job agencies - not the actual employers I worked for. Plus I was unemployed for a long time back around 2002-03 (believe me those are days I never want to revisit!) Thankfully I've been permanent at my current job for 7 years and counting. I did get the booklet when I was called for bus operator - but didn't take the position due to the lack of a CDL permit (plus the impossibility of obtaining one in the allotted time.)

To get to my point - those temp jobs - would I put down the company I worked for as a temp or the agency? Half of the places I do not even remember the addresses, much less the phone numbers! Plus if I'm not mistaken you must also put down the time you were unemployed.

Do unpaid jobs count (like internships and volunteer work?)

You can put it down if it will help you benefit getting the job. I myself did put down volunteer work so it's not an issue. Hope this helps

I'm in the high 900's and hoping to be called soon. I'm a young woman and I want to have kids in a few years... so what i'd like to know is, does anybody know about the maternity leave?

It's kind of a grey area. I believe we won in the last contract, but I'm not 100% about that matter. But I know I once saw a supervisor working literally until 2 weeks before she gave birth. But then they have different unions and contracts than us.

Archived