Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

The only thing with Dell is that all their high-performance computers are mad overpriced. If you're ever going to get a desktop, HP is a safe bet. I don't know what it is with them, but HP makes solid desktops, but their laptops suck. Dell laptops are fine, but their desktops are underpowered...

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing with Dell is that all their high-performance computers are mad overpriced. If you're ever going to get a desktop, HP is a safe bet. I don't know what it is with them, but HP makes solid desktops, but their laptops suck. Dell laptops are fine, but their desktops are underpowered...

Yeah that much is pretty true.

When I first joined here, I thought S78 via Hylan and LRG were the same person.

You're not the only one... I still have to do a double take sometimes with those two. :eek:

I want FiOS..

fios3.jpg

Verizon-Fios-promo-code.jpg?&w=100

fios_screengrab.jpg

LOL... Well I'm officially using Verizon for all of my services... :cool:

Got 4G Lite service with my Thunderbolt and then I got FiOS for my cable added on to my FiOS internet. I bundled everything and am getting even faster internet starting next Wednesday. Got the Center Ice package and combined everything into one bill so my FiOS bill is maybe $30.00 more with the tax (excluding my NHL Center Ice package) and I get $5.00 off of my bill because I combined my wireless bill w/my FiOS package. :cool:

There was a third person I used to confuse them with, but I can't remember who he was.

I trust Verizon more with FiOS than with their cell phone service.

I've been VERY satisfied with my cell phone service after years of torture with AT&T... I watch hockey games with my Thunderbolt, and listen to Youtube on it also since I have 4G... Blazing fast and even when 3G is up, their 3G is pretty reliable and fast too... You know you've got damn good service when you have folks on the express bus trying to check out your cell phone to see which provider you have because they see you playing Youtube and streaming stuff on it without it breaking up. They sit there in disgust playing with their pricey smart phones wishing they had faster internet. lol

And yeah there is another person, but I can't remember them... ;)

So today I went to Eammons for lunch and then went to Grand Central for dessert and had some gelato from Ciao Bella. Not as good as the gelato in Italy and far more pricier for the quality, but I wanted gelato so I got the hazelnut flavor which was pretty good. I like the fact that it's all natural as it should be, as the hazelnut was very present. Anywho I'm heading up from the Dining Concourse strolling back towards the escalators to get over to Vanderbilt and 44th to head back to the office and I see this chick in the middle of Grand Central with her wedding dress on and I thought to myself, who in the world would get married in the middle of a train station?? :confused: This is the second time I've seen this. Sure Grand Central is elegant and such, but still...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I prefer Verizon Wireless any day over Trash Mobile. I didn't like the fact that every time I made a call, it would say "redialing" if the call failed and then I'd hear no ring at all. So far, I have no problems with VW as of this day.

Oh, and just for fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1kkAG9PAkU

I prefer Verizon Wireless any day over Trash Mobile. I didn't like the fact that every time I made a call, it would say "redialing" if the call failed and then I'd hear no ring at all. So far, I have no problems with VW as of this day.

Same here... I've had Trash Mobile as LG would say and then there was the disaster called AT&T... I don't know how Sprint can be so great suddenly when customers were leaving in droves and I don't even want to know. I'll take Verizon. Thank you very much. :cool:

Finally, this guy I knew in HS crashed his stupid VW Golf. Well, according to him, some old guy hit him, but he had it coming. He obsessed over it like crazy and kept posting statuses about doing stupid shit to the car (i.e. getting stupid paneling instead of basic stuff like... I don't know, weight reduction or anything that can improve handling or maybe make the engine put out more power). I came close to just trashing the guy but alas, I have no license, so doing so would show that I'm no better than a bench racer, those guys that obsess over a car but don't drive.

He even claims that his father knows someone at a repair shop so he can get it fixed easily. God Almighty, I can't stand this.

Same here... I've had Trash Mobile as LG would say and then there was the disaster called AT&T... I don't know how Sprint can be so great suddenly when customers were leaving in droves and I don't even want to know. I'll take Verizon. Thank you very much. :cool:

Oh, and just for fun...

*T-Mobile 4G Commerical*

Well if you have $$$ then I wish you guys good luck.:eek: I can't say that for myself unfortunately. The only thing I want from Verzion is their Fios for my Cable TV in my house. One time for 4 hours of usage on the Internet VZ charged me $100+ for their Internet. With those hours T-Mobile only charged me $50. Their rocket is a good one as long as you don't overuse it. For me I rather stick with "Trash Mobile" over Hell-Rizon anytime of the week in terms of Internet.:cool:

BTW to those who don't know what the T-Mobile Rocket is:

main_T_Mobile_Rocket_2.0_Aircard_Silver.jpg

Anybody notice that the so called "hipsters" are moving more South into Brooklyn (Flatbush)? Lately whenever I visit my mother, many times more than half the people waiting on the Chruch Ave platform on the Brighton are young, trendy looking folks. I see more of them whenever I walk down Church Ave, thou usually up to Flatbush Ave.

I just killed a house centipede. I actually don't mind them in my house at all since they eat other small annoying insects (Ants sometimes make their way in here since my backyard isn't too far). Thou the one I just killed was long and creepy looking. Sorry brotha, you gotta go. Here's a good close up of these little helpers: