Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had Boomerang for a short amount of time (it's not part of Cablesh*ttin's family package, wtf?), and they're better than CN. No long commercial breaks (they only promote programming airing in their network iinm), no intrusive snipes, and definitely an "old school" network. If I had FiOS, I'd definitely subscribe to their service and not pay an additional penny to access Boomerang like Cablevision. :tdown:

No boomerang? When I still had cablevision, it was there. it was like ch 125 or something. I have to say [not sure how much the real fios pricing will be once the 'promotion' is over] is so awesome by having channels grouped by category. Cablevision was ok, but fios is much better. time warner is just a total mess. If I ever move back to Manhattan, I want Fios only.

I can access Boomerang here (ch. 125), but to pay up an additional $11-12 for the iO package where Boomerang is located at, no thanks. If it were part of the family package then it'd be a different story.

What I object to is Cablevision forcing their customers to get the family package so they can get a useless discount of $10-15 per month after the $29.95 for 3 services deal expires. Once FiOS arrives in my neighborhood, then it'll be bye-bye for Cablevision.

The only problem with Boomerang is that they're too focused on airing crap from the 1970s, all of which are clones of each other. That Speed Buggy thing was just Scooby-Doo with a talking car, Josie and the Pussycats was just the same only the group was all girls and there was no annoying anthromorphic/talking... pet thing that pissed me off so much, if I was animated into the show, I'd find the nearest weapon and bash its head in.

Why can't they air something like Road Runner cartoons? Those were awesome. Nothing more politically correct than a coyote getting run over by locomotives.

Yeah I agree, I can't watch the 60s shows for long. I used to like them, but now I find they are just terrible. They are just slightly better than the crap CN has. But I have to say the new Thundercats series is promising. I never saw the 80s one, but I don't think I'd bother after seeing the new one.

Now Transformers 80s vs TF Prime: I like the 80s one for the characters and for the simpler designs. TF Prime is ok in the sense that the storyline is continuous and darker, but I hate the annoying kids and I don't like some of the robot forms of the characters especially starscream and soundwave. Why are they so small compared to Megatron?

I remember that movies aired every Saturday at 5PM and Sundays at 10AM, until it was expanded to weekday mornings at 10AM around 2004 or so. When Cartoon Network was awesome... :cry:

Yes sir CN was awesome in the '90s and the early 2000's. it's crap now. I mean that show on CN called "dude what will happened" It's like a kiddiefied version of MTV's jacka** in my opinion.

The only problem with Boomerang is that they're too focused on airing crap from the 1970s, all of which are clones of each other. That Speed Buggy thing was just Scooby-Doo with a talking car, Josie and the Pussycats was just the same only the group was all girls and there was no annoying anthromorphic/talking... pet thing that pissed me off so much, if I was animated into the show, I'd find the nearest weapon and bash its head in.

Why can't they air something like Road Runner cartoons? Those were awesome. Nothing more politically correct than a coyote getting run over by locomotives.

I actually don't mind the "clones" but I do agree that we need more Roadrunner cartoons. nothing more funnier in that cartoon when the coyote keeps falling off the cliff. Do you like to watch the pink panther?

Yeah I agree, I can't watch the 60s shows for long. I used to like them, but now I find they are just terrible. They are just slightly better than the crap CN has. But I have to say the new Thundercats series is promising. I never saw the 80s one, but I don't think I'd bother after seeing the new one.

Now Transformers 80s vs TF Prime: I like the 80s one for the characters and for the simpler designs. TF Prime is ok in the sense that the storyline is continuous and darker, but I hate the annoying kids and I don't like some of the robot forms of the characters especially starscream and soundwave. Why are they so small compared to Megatron?

I've seen some of the '80s transformers episodes and I kind of like those better than the modern ones. You posted earlier about Disney XD. when Disney XD showed The fresh prince of bel-air ( which is one of my favorite shows ) they kiddiefied the show... I much prefer to see it on ABC family or back when it was on Nick at Night.

I agree, the original is the best even with the animation and story line errors. IT was just more enjoyable.

Disney has always edited stuff. Even the cartoons like Superman/Batman etc. They were edited because some stuff were too violent. It was a surprise the new Avengers show is doing as well as it is despite the censoring they do.

I agree, the original is the best even with the animation and story line errors. IT was just more enjoyable.

Disney has always edited stuff. Even the cartoons like Superman/Batman etc. They were edited because some stuff were too violent. It was a surprise the new Avengers show is doing as well as it is despite the censoring they do.

Yeah which is why I don't like seeing shows on Disney XD. to much censorship if you ask me.

Word the same reason why I don't watch Boomerang anymore, not even for the fun of it. Them airing the same stuff bores the hell out of me. They don't even air Laff-a-Lympics which was one of my favorites. They don't even have different varieties of the cartoons they air like Scooby-Doo, Flintstones or even Justice League.

Same goes for ABC. They air the same sh*t every weekend with the same episodes like Hanna Montana & The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. When they aired on ABC the only thing new on that channel was Power Rangers. Up 'till 2010 Power Rangers was the only breathe of fresh air to watch on that channel.

The funny thing is that when this channel was created in the early '00s, that was the intention - a channel catered to folks who either lived during that period or who liked the cartoons from the 1960s and '70s (i.e., all the Hanna-Barbera clones). The addition of the old Cartoon-Cartoons and shows like Pokémon (the Kantu version) were in my opinion, one of the best things to happen to the network. Before, it was basically an 8-hour loop of the same programs over and over again.

Believe it or not, the old Looney Tunes cartoons (including the ones with Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner), are back on Cartoon Network proper. Of course, since the execs apparently hate the show, they shove it into arguably the worst time-slot ever, a half-hour at 6AM and a full hour at 12 noon.

"My face hurts."

"And it'll match your ass when I'm done kickin' it!"

Seriously, I'm tired of finding whole, raw instrumentals on YT only for these wack ass 15 year olds from well-to-do parts of suburbs "keystyle" to them. First of all, if you had to write the shit down in advance, it ain't no "keystyle" or "freestyle" or whatever your dribble is supposed to be. And when people post the actual verses, they go unrecognized.

I've needed glasses for seven years... methinks I'll be blind by 30 at this rate.

I bought myself a WD external drive after months of hesitation. On the manual pre-installed on the drive, it says "Do not drop or jolt the drive."

Let's see... after I got some Wendy's, I had to walk about a quarter of a mile to get to the N4... not bad. I had an Orion V with a bad transmission and the bus operator broke 35 on five occasions, all within minutes of each other.... and Merrick Road is crap because Nassau County is ****ing broke, and coupled with the bus' speed, the bumps caught a few people off-guard. And then when I got home and looked for scissors, it fell four and a half feet twice in a minute... but now it's reading how much stuff I have on my laptop. Hmm, I've done worse to electronics...