Boy’s Leg Is Severed in Tunnel on N Line

ColumbiaDeath

One side of the 7th Avenue IRT has a near-continuous "diary" graffitti series that extends from about 23rd street to old South Ferry, minus stations of course, and minus the part of the line that was demolished and rebuilt after the WTC collapsed.

Are you talking about the REVS pages? That guy has put up a page in almost every tunnel in the system, he has balls and it took along time for the cops to get him.

Are you talking about the REVS pages? That guy has put up a page in almost every tunnel in the system, he has balls and it took along time for the cops to get him.

Yeah that guy! I just know that the 7th Ave IRT is supposed to be his best work, since he supposedly completely covered one side of the tunnel all the way down.

Yeah that guy! I just know that the 7th Ave IRT is supposed to be his best work, since he supposedly completely covered one side of the tunnel all the way down.

Never seen that one but I have seen alot of others. He used to go all out dressing like a TA worker with lights and everything.

Eh, going in a tunnel isn't dangerous. However, it's an activity that requires a good head on the shoulders. This kid was obviously lacking.

Wrong statement, period. These young people had no business in a subway tunnel and one paid the price for their stupidity. If they had good heads on their shoulders , or not, it didn't matter.

Eh, going in a tunnel isn't dangerous. However, it's an activity that requires a good head on the shoulders. This kid was obviously lacking.

Actually, I think it was a LEG that he was missing.

If you do not work for the MTA and do not have proper FLAG PROTECTION then you have no business near the tracks.

ROAR

good for him. he got what he deserved. he was commiting multiple crimes by being on the tracks and trying to spraypaint. i have no remorse for him. and i'm sure the family will try and sue(MTA) because its the trains fault. and of course (MTA) will settle instead of fighting it. then after the cash is given out (MTA) will cry broke and want to raise the fare. (MTA)gives away millions of dollars a year in bs settlements because they dont want to go to court, because no matter how wrong a person is the public always awards the person because they feel their giving it to the (MTA). they just dont connect the dots that the money has to come from somewhere. fares maybe? i saw this first hand while in jury duty.

end rant

It should be noted that the incident train did not stop because obviously the crew had no way of knowing and a trip cock was not activated.

With that said, here's another case of a crew having to go pee in the cup, visit labor relations, see the TA "doctor" and at minimum be on the platform till the pee sample comes back. All because of some idiot.

Bill they didnt know what train it was I heard it all on the radio,the Idiot wasnt even clear of the train he was in a NO CLEARANCE niche thats why the contact shoe took the fools leg off...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm 16 too. I know better than to do something as retarded as graffiti, when I always hear about these kids getting 12-9'd and shit. Besides like Joe said it requires some type of sense, which is why alot of graffiti artists...experienced ones at least seem to have some knowledge of subway operations and what not. I'm sorry he lost a leg but I'm not sorry about the way he lost it. I bet the T/O feels real bad right about now, that's who I really feel sorry for the most..that and the people who had to pick him up and bring him to the hospital.

yup, same. you can't even blame him being young, he's just plain stupid. losing a leg is a hefty price to pay, but if he didn't even consider how he could die, then, yeah. he deserves it :/

I'm 16 too. I know better than to do something as retarded as graffiti, when I always hear about these kids getting 12-9'd and shit. Besides like Joe said it requires some type of sense, which is why alot of graffiti artists...experienced ones at least seem to have some knowledge of subway operations and what not. I'm sorry he lost a leg but I'm not sorry about the way he lost it. I bet the T/O feels real bad right about now, that's who I really feel sorry for the most..that and the people who had to pick him up and bring him to the hospital.

Not to be cold but,IF i was the T/O i wouldnt feel bad for a Idiot being someplace he had no business...

If anything i would feel bad that im going to have to go through useless drama over this...

Not to be cold but,IF i was the T/O i wouldnt feel bad for a Idiot being someplace he had no business...

If anything i would feel bad that im going to have to go through useless drama over this...

Hell yea....

The only time I feel bad for 12-9 victims is when they're pushed onto the tracks by some other incompetent fool. Other than that, if you don't have any business being in the tunnels or tracks, DON'T BE IN THE TUNNELS OR TRACKS!!! GOT IT PEOPLES?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Interesting. The article mentions subway tunnel but Kings Highway on the (N) is in the open cut portion and the boys were about seventy-five feet north of the station, toward Bay Parkway, which is also in the open cut. The boys must've still been under the Kings Highway overpass when the accident occurred.

Not condoning this but 10:00pm when it's dark is a bad time.

Bill they didnt know what train it was I heard it all on the radio,the Idiot wasnt even clear of the train he was in a NO CLEARANCE niche thats why the contact shoe took the fools leg off...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Whoa! That would explain it. I don't work for the MTA and even I know to steer clear of the red zebras.

Im still trying to picture how this happened.what side was the third rail on?

I'm assuming that there was no third rail on the side he was on. Maybe he thought he was clear because of all the space, not realizing that's where it would be if it were on that side.

I'm assuming that there was no third rail on the side he was on. Maybe he thought he was clear because of all the space, not realizing that's where it would be if it were on that side.

It was train's shoe that knock him and slice the knee. There is still some blood stains in that section if you could see it clearly. He and his peers shouldnt be in the "NO CLEARENCE" zone stretch if they bother to read it.

Archived