Subway Update

R32 3838

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just heard (from a C/R) that the (N) is back on and on Sunday June 27th will run local from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Canal Street and run via Manny B. late nights. City Hall, Cortlandt Street, Rector Street, Whitehall and Lawrence Street will be closing late nights.

I just heard (from a C/R) that the (N) is back on and on Sunday June 27th will run local from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Canal Street and run via Manny B. late nights. City Hall, Cortlandt Street, Rector Street, Whitehall and Lawrence Street will be closing late nights.

Heard that bit, a while ago, eh? Not surprising.

WTF are you guys bic*^ing about Now, Grow the **** up and stop the shit:

Back on Topic there were 2 R160's on the (V) today, as for the R42's, ENY has 50 R42's, 48 trains is 6 trainsets 8x6= 48, If they are just sitting there, oh well but they will still run on the (J)/(Z) once the (M) comes into play and (if they do) send about 20-30 R32's down there to full the gap because the (M) will take about 5-7 R160's from both the (J)/(Z) and 50 R42's are not enough, They are going to need 20-30 R32's to full the gap, so this way ENY will have spares and they can rely on their spares when a train is taken OOS, Plus (spare) A GAP Train will be needed.

WTF are you guys bic*^ing about Now, Grow the **** up and stop the shit:

Back on Topic there were 2 R160's on the (V) today, as for the R42's, ENY has 50 R42's, 48 trains is 6 trainsets 8x6= 48, If they are just sitting there, oh well but they will still run on the (J)/(Z) once the (M) comes into play and (if they do) send about 20-30 R32's down there to full the gap because the (M) will take about 5-7 R160's from both the (J)/(Z) and 50 R42's are not enough, They are going to need 20-30 R32's to full the gap, so this way ENY will have spares and they can rely on their spares when a train is taken OOS, Plus (spare) A GAP Train will be needed.

Mostly the (M) line is gonna be all R160,maybe they'll put the R32 and R42 to cover for the R160's taken from the (J) line.

that's my guess.

Are you gonna be on the (M) line June 28th,Chris?

Mostly the (M) line is gonna be all R160,maybe they'll put the R32 and R42 to cover for the R160's taken from the (J) line.

that's my guess.

Are you gonna be on the (M) line June 28th,Chris?

I don't what Im going to do on that day, Its going to be a scramble, But I will be on Queens Blvd first, since Jamaica wants to keep their 26 R32's, I am going to see what line they will run on.

Since me and you are calmed down.

Alright, for the R-42 (J)/(Z), it still exists but I do recommend maybe wait somewhere around Williamsbrugh Bridge like Essex St. and Marcy Ave. Station, since that is how I got it the last few times I went railfanning. Also, try the (J) Weekend G.O. shuttle from Essex to Prospect Park, you can also catch it that way...

I doubt it, It might be 100% R160's like the Last time, I hope Not, and I hope they can borrow that R32 from CI for the (J) shuttle. They borrowed a R42 CI rebuilt in 2006.

I doubt it, It might be 100% R160's like the Last time, I hope Not, and I hope they can borrow that R32 from CI for the (J) shuttle. They borrowed a R42 CI rebuilt in 2006.

R-32s stored at Coney Island, I don't see that set (usually on the (:() going on the (J). That would be nice though.

I don't what Im going to do on that day, Its going to be a scramble, But I will be on Queens Blvd first, since Jamaica wants to keep their 26 R32's, I am going to see what line they will run on.

I'm likely gonna be on the (M) line that day.riding around,hope to see then.

Oh,are ya going on any of the TM fantrips?

mmm June 28th is going to be a interesting day for the subway system, mainly the BMT...being that the majority of riders always seem to ignore the warning posters and pamphlets that come out about a good month or so prior. Its going to be entertainting to see how ppl react to these changes. When I read about things like this I always have flashbacks to July 2001 when the (:((D)(Q)<Q>(W) started...and how it was complete chaos for about good week before people started finally getting used to the new service patterns....but anyways..it would be quite interesting to see R-32's on the (J)(M)

mmm June 28th is going to be a interesting day for the subway system, mainly the BMT...being that the majority of riders always seem to ignore the warning posters and pamphlets that come out about a good month or so prior. Its going to be entertainting to see how ppl react to these changes. When I read about things like this I always have flashbacks to July 2001 when the (:((D)(Q)<Q>(W) started...and how it was complete chaos for about good week before people started finally getting used to the new service patterns....but anyways..it would be quite interesting to see R-32's on the (J)(M)

There was also snafu when they did the service change in 2004

Have no expectations of R32's on the M. Your expectations should be all R160's on the M to CTL, just like it is today.

As for a complete list of car assignments, as I mentioned once before, about a week before the changes get implimented, NYCT comes out with an official "Car Servcie Notice".

Have no expectations of R32's on the M. Your expectations should be all R160's on the M to CTL, just like it is today.

As for a complete list of car assignments, as I mentioned once before, about a week before the changes get implimented, NYCT comes out with an official "Car Servcie Notice".

They are Not Putting them R32's on the (M), But like bill said, a week before the service changes they will decide.

Railfans might enjoy it, But the people of New York have to suffur from this Bullshit (M) line that is not going to make any sense, I hope they pull the plug on that plan to sending some (M)'s to 179, I don't want to ride a 8 car accidental (F) train because of some stupid swicthmen takes the wrong train.

They are Not Putting them R32's on the (M), But like bill said, a week before the service changes they will decide.

Railfans might enjoy it, But the people of New York have to suffur from this B****** (M) line that is not going to make any sense, I hope they pull the plug on that plan to sending some (M)'s to 179, I don't want to ride a 8 car accidental (F) train because of some stupid switch men takes the wrong train.

I thought the (M) was only going to Forest Hills.

Railfans might enjoy it, But the people of New York have to suffur from this Bullshit (M) line that is not going to make any sense, I hope they pull the plug on that plan to sending some (M)'s to 179, I don't want to ride a 8 car accidental (F) train because of some stupid swicthmen takes the wrong train.

What? They actually have that kind of crackpot idea?

What? They actually have that kind of crackpot idea?

Yup, But they are idiots, They are better off sending of some ®'s since the (F) and (R) shares their equipment R46/R160's.

as of today 96 R44's are retierd.

There aren't any (M)'s to/from 179th, there are some jobs starting there, to pick up the trains which would most likely be laid up on the express tracks, which would then go into service at Continental (They don't seem to be storing any of them in JYD).

Archived