Subway Update

R32 3838

Cutting the (W) makes no sense, if it ran just rush hours, things would be fine. But they really should short turn some (Q)s in Manhattan. There's no need to send all of them to Queens. Either that or short turn some (N) trains and run all the (Q)s to Queens.

Agreed. The (W) is only needed during rush hours, the (Q) by itself on the express is going to be hell.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Funny how we talk about R160's, I saw one On the (V) at 9:00am this Morning when I was on the (F) train, didn't get the numbers because It left the station but I did see (V) signs and It had people on it, Plus I saw an R160B (N) train on the 6th ave side of the manhattan Bridge While on the R32 (:P, Broadway is screwed Up today.

Albiet at an unknown time, so don't ask when.:P

When the Summertime comes (B-divison Summer RTO pick), That's when all the New changes and swaps come.

This is what they want to do

the 14 R42's are planned to go to ENY (subject to Change)

20-30 R32's from 207th to Jamaica (subject to change)

OR 26 plus a parts pair(3720-21) to CI (from Jamaica)

These are the plans but they are subject to change within the days to come.

Not going to happen by a long shot. If the (M) keeps its current headways, which is, for the most part, 8 TPH (every 7-8 minutes), then the (R) will have to see an increase of service, from 10 TPH (every six minutes) to 12 TPH (every five minutes), especially if it's going to be carrying the load on its own in Brooklyn.

However, the 42s will still have to stick around then. We're going to need all the SMEEs available to make service. The reefing program at the moment is defunct, and all stripping offices at 207th Street are down so whatever is here is staying.

The current (M2) only runs 6tpph (every 10 minutes) even during rush hours.

Still, does the new line at the current headway still need four additional trains?

And even if it does; with the new 160's coming in, why would they need more (the rest of) the 42's You would think it would pretty much even out with the ones they have now.

The new (M) would need 4 more trains, which the incoming R160s cover. That way the current R42 assignment is unaffected.

Too early to tell.

i think since some (F) trains are layed up at coney, the (W) R160A's should be placed on the (F) so that the (R) can run more R160s from Jamaica

When the Summertime comes (B-divison Summer RTO pick), That's when all the New changes and swaps come.

This is what they want to do

the 14 R42's are planned to go to ENY (subject to Change)

20-30 R32's from 207th to Jamaica (subject to change)

OR 26 plus a parts pair(3720-21) to CI (from Jamaica)

These are the plans but they are subject to change within the days to come.

why would 207st R32's go to jamaica? and to only send out the 24 R32's jamaica already has to coney island? makes no sense... :confused:

why would 207st R32's go to jamaica? and to only send out the 24 R32's jamaica already has to coney island? makes no sense... :confused:

Because thats the TA for ya, But I hardly doubt it, but those 20 extra R32's at 207th are going somewhere, (ENY,JAM or CI) ENY has been saying that they need more than 14 R42's for extra (J)/(Z) service so, You never Know ENY can still get the R32's too, Its funny How I hear this again, And the 26 R32's at Jamaica will mostlikely stay or go to Coney Island, We will have to wait and see.

and The new (M) service pattern is going to need more than 4 R160 trainsets, I heard that they want to send 7 (M) trains to 179th, That (M) is going to Make the (F) even more wrose than it already is, as well as the (E) because the in the PM rush Hour 3 extra (E)'s that come out at 179, will come out of 71st in the summer, By the way if you want to cacth a PM rush Hour put in on the (E) at 179th, the 1st one leaves at 3:57, At the both (inside the booth) (The main entrance), there is a board that tell you what time it leaves 179th.

Because thats the TA for ya, But I hardly doubt it, but those 20 extra R32's at 207th are going somewhere, (ENY,JAM or CI) ENY has been saying that they need more than 14 R42's for extra (J)/(Z) service so, You never Know ENY can still get the R32's too, Its funny How I hear this again, And the 26 R32's at Jamaica will mostlikely stay or go to Coney Island, We will have to wait and see.

and The new (M) service pattern is going to need more than 4 R160 trainsets, I heard that they want to send 7 (M) trains to 179th, That (M) is going to Make the (F) even more wrose than it already is, as well as the (E) because the in the PM rush Hour 3 extra (E)'s that come out at 179, will come out of 71st in the summer, By the way if you want to cacth a PM rush Hour put in on the (E) at 179th, the 1st one leaves at 3:57, At the both (inside the booth) (The main entrance), there is a board that tell you what time it leaves 179th.

imma lay it out like this, Coney Island doesnt need anymore trains at all. that one set of R32's is fine now and as service cuts take effect, a few R68's and that 1 R32 will be considered spares. service on the (N)(Q)(:P are not getting beefed up. two options remain, ENY or Jamaica gets the 32's from 207 street. its more feesable to send the R32's to Jamaica so this new (M) can be based out of ENY and Jamaica :P i hope this confusion was resolved

I dont believe any (M) trains will be sent to 179st that was a situation solved 18 years ago. Furthermore the (M) is not needed at 179st the (F) is fine. I also dont thin those 32s are coming to jamaica because after the (V) cease to exist they will need less cars and jamaica will have 46s and 160s. Those 32s will probably stay at 207 and pitkin for (C) service. As for those (W) 160s they are going to the (N) and (Q).

You don't F%^^cning Get it, they can't fit all of those trains at Continetal because there will be more (R) trains, So they want to send some (M)'s to 179 (that pisses me off) and that requries more trains so instead of 4 more, you are going to need 3-4 extra's and those 3-4 extras will come off the (J)/(Z) and the (J)/(Z) will need 3-4 extra trains (R32's),

at VIP, CI can still get those R32's if CI gives Jamaica their extra's (NOT ALL of them) 5-7 sets will be needed for the (Q), if anything that 10 car set of R32's might have to go to Jamaica, 207th don't need more R32's, if they have 20 extra, they are going to go somewhere unless they put them back on the (A) and they have an extra 6 cars that were retired from Jamaica (3676/77,3746/47 and 3796/97) they have no side signs.

You can't assume and don't know what you're talking about,

That's the whole purpose, I Don't Agree with some (M)'s going to 179 during the Rush Hours becasue its going to mess up the (F) service and trust me the (M) is not going to last Long, Expect June 28th,2010 to be the wrost day in transit history and the RTO's most screwed up railroad in NYCT history in the B divison, soon come June,28th the B divison is going to be a HELL HOLE, so whoever works, book off or drive if you have a car, You will I REPEAT, If you live on the Queens Blvd,6th ave or Myrtle as well as the brooklyn Broadway El, You will not make it to work, as for Railfans, You will enjoy this day if you are fans of R32's and R160's, especaily R32's because It is unknown where the extra 56 R32's will run, between Jamiaica,ENY and CI.

And the 7 (M)'s to 179's is Not offical yet.

The (M) will last as long as the (MTA) wants it to, they could care less about the customers.

Trust Me when It screws up the two of the Most important Trunk Lines, Then (MTA) is going to shake their heads and say Bring back the (V) and the (M2).

They have the right amount of cars to restore the (V), 17 trainsets the (V) uses.

Trust Me when It screws up the two of the Most important Trunk Lines, Then (MTA) is going to shake their heads and say Bring back the (V) and the (M2).

They have the right amount of cars to restore the (V), 17 trainsets the (V) uses.

Not to mention that something happens on Queens Boulevard every day. The first thing that'll be done is stop the (M) shut down via Sixth Avenue and have it signed as (M2) and let it go to Chambers.

Those Middle Village and Glendale residents want (M) service, they have it. But when the railroad f*cks up, the hurt is on them. Mark my words.

My mouth just dropped and it cant close :eek:

My mouth just dropped and it cant close :eek:

LOL, But angry about some (M)'s going to 179th, But they have no choice if they want extra ®'s. I would rather send some ®'s to 179 instead of the (M) since the (R) shares with the (F).

What if the (F) stays express to 179 during rush hour, and the (M) goes there local? Also, somebody video taped (YouTube) that (E) run from 179, and it is fast. I think I'm gonna watch that again.

Thats not happening anyone remember 1992 when the Briarwood and Forest hills neigborhood associations got together and got the (R) removed from running local to 179st. These communities wanted a one seat ride via 6th or 8th ave queens blvd express and this is why the (F) became local from continental to 179st. The MTA is not going to change that, they are tryin to save money so why would they expand the (M) to 179st when the route is long already and these neighborhood associations wont accept a slow train like the (M) as the local to 179street.

LOL, But angry about some (M)'s going to 179th, But they have no choice if they want extra ®'s. I would rather send some ®'s to 179 instead of the (M) since the (R) shares with the (F).

It makes sense to send the (R) to 179 via Hillside Exp instead of the (M) since the (R) will be the one with the extra trains and not the (M).

Thats not happening anyone remember 1992 when the Briarwood and Forest hills neigborhood associations got together and got the (R) removed from running local to 179st. These communities wanted a one seat ride via 6th or 8th ave queens blvd express and this is why the (F) became local from continental to 179st. The MTA is not going to change that, they are tryin to save money so why would they expand the (M) to 179st when the route is long already and these neighborhood associations wont accept a slow train like the (M) as the local to 179street.
Laugh out load......., Queens is to much for me. They're acting like nagging customers I see in stores.

Archived