Subway Update

R32 3838

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no chance that the C will get R46s until the next new fleet comes in.

Yeah, But we will wait and see, But the TA is still talking about it, I don't care what they do,

And to to the dude that said something about the R160's:

They Suck, I don't mind them but their seats suck, I rather the R46's because they are very smooth cars, The R32's are good cars to and they are not on their last legs, any american built train can outlast those French - Japaniese Junk that we got now.

I read in the new capital plan that they are planning to extend the useful life of the R32's and R42's so they'll last until the R179's are on property.

http://www.mta.info/news/pdf/cap10/capital_program.pdf

Page 11 of the document, page 17 on pdf reader tab.

This will most likely be done through the SMS program. I think the R42's would look great with the repainted bulkheads and rebuilt trucks. I wonder if they'll repaint the R32's as well, they'd certainly look like the brightliners they once were if that happens.:cool:

I read in the new capital plan that they are planning to extend the useful life of the R32's and R42's so they'll last until the R179's are on property.

This will most likely be done through the SMS program. I think the R42's would look great with the repainted bulkheads and rebuilt trucks. I wonder if they'll repaint the R32's as well, they'd certainly look like the brightliners they once were if that happens.:cool:

Yeah, They are planning to SMS the R32's and R42's, I think the R42's would get it 1st since they have 64 cars.

With the R32's, They will just repaint the Gates and the Roof Line where the Green sign is and (This Time) replace the windows and the A/C units and add a new Fuse box (like the R68/A's and SMS'd R46's), The R42's will get the same as the R32's.

Interesting...thanks for posting the link!

Yeah, They are planning to SMS the R32's and R42's, I think the R42's would get it 1st since they have 64 cars.

With the R32's, They will just repaint the Gates and the Roof Line where the Green sign is and (This Time) replace the windows and the A/C units and add a new Fuse box (like the R68/A's and SMS'd R46's), The R42's will get the same as the R32's.

The R42s will also have to receive a roofljob because they look like crap. I like the R42s but they look really bad. But just give them an SMS and they'll be fine.

They should have done that in the first place instead of throwing away cars that were still in good condition. Too many birdbrains in the (MTA).

Princelex rolls his eyes and shakes his head

They should have done that in the first place instead of throwing away cars that were still in good condition. Too many birdbrains in the (MTA).

You can say that again!

If they didn't reef most of the SMEE cars,there wouldn't be any room for the R160's.

What is going to happen to the remaining R42s at East New York Yard and the 14 R42s stored in the 207th street yard?

The current 50 R42s will stay at ENY. The 14 R42s at 207th will go to ENY.

The current 50 R42s will stay at ENY. The 14 R42s at 207th will go to ENY.

Cool, that'll make for exactly 8 trains with no spares. I was wondering why it wasn't like that from the beginning.
The final R160's are here, and will shortly be in service, so why would we need more 42's, when the ones here should br replaced (remember, the new (M) is not running at any increased headway, and I don't think will need any more cars, so once these 160's are in, the 42's should be finished. I would think they would all go to Pitkin or something.

The final R160's are here, and will shortly be in service, so why would we need more 42's, when the ones here should br replaced (remember, the new (M) is not running at any increased headway, and I don't think will need any more cars, so once these 160's are in, the 42's should be finished. I would think they would all go to Pitkin or something.

The (M2) headway or the (V) headway?

The new (M) would need 4 more trains, which the incoming R160s cover. That way the current R42 assignment is unaffected.

Will CIY give some more R160s to Jamaica yard, if there are any spares left when (W) service is cut and elimanted?

Too early to tell.

The (M) will run at 6-minute intervals (remember, it will be using Queens Boulevard) because it's predecessor, the (V), runs every six minutes. The (M) will have to yank a few of the 160s from the (J)/(Z) during rush hours, so R42s will have to make service. Since all six seta run during rush hours, once those 42s get transfered to ENY there'll be 64 cars, for eight sets for the (J)/(Z) during the rush. Those extra two sets of 42s will most likely bump two sets of 160s to the (M).

The (M2) headway or the (V) headway?

The (M) will run at 6-minute intervals (remember, it will be using Queens Boulevard) because it's predecessor, the (V), runs every six minutes. The (M) will have to yank a few of the 160s from the (J)/(Z) during rush hours, so R42s will have to make service. Since all six seta run during rush hours, once those 42s get transfered to ENY there'll be 64 cars, for eight sets for the (J)/(Z) during the rush. Those extra two sets of 42s will most likely bump two sets of 160s to the (M).
The new (M) would need 4 more trains, which the incoming R160s cover. That way the current R42 assignment is unaffected.

I heard the (M) will run at its current headway, which is a reduction for Queens Blvd. Unless they changed something. The new work programs are out, and I did not think to guage from what what the headway would be. (Difficult, as you have to find a job's leader/follower, etc). I was waiting for the new timetable to come out as well.

If you all are right, then they will need to order up to 9998 at least. (Supplement order?) then they might still need more. I don't see them tacking it onto the 179 order. They have to get something, to replace the 42's eventually.

Unless, as I first suspected, they are using the new (M) as a premise to reduce (L) service.

I heard the (M) will run at its current headway, which is a reduction for Queens Blvd. Unless they changed something. The new work programs are out, and I did not think to guage from what what the headway would be. (Difficult, as you have to find a job's leader/follower, etc). I was waiting for the new timetable to come out as well.

If you all are right, then they will need to order up to 9998 at least. (Supplement order?) then they might still need more. I don't see them tacking it onto the 179 order. They have to get something, to replace the 42's eventually.

Unless, as I first suspected, they are using the new (M) as a premise to reduce (L) service.

Not going to happen by a long shot. If the (M) keeps its current headways, which is, for the most part, 8 TPH (every 7-8 minutes), then the (R) will have to see an increase of service, from 10 TPH (every six minutes) to 12 TPH (every five minutes), especially if it's going to be carrying the load on its own in Brooklyn.

However, the 42s will still have to stick around then. We're going to need all the SMEEs available to make service. The reefing program at the moment is defunct, and all stripping offices at 207th Street are down so whatever is here is staying.

Yup, I never expected the (M) to keep the (V)'s headways. Therefore it makes more sense to boost (R) service since it'll be running solo from 36th to Canal. And then it has to cover for the 'reduced' (M) service.

But now the 59th Street tunnel will be a hell hole now, with the (N)(Q) and (R). That tunnel is going to be seeing more service ((N) runs every seven minutes; (Q) runs every 6 minutes; (R) runs every 6 minutes unless this changes to 5 minutes if service gets increased). The tunnel will see roughly 30-31 TPH versus the current 25-28.

Archived