Subway Update

R32 3838

Just to let you all Know Another R46 has been transferd to pitkin Last Friday

9913-22 is In Service on the (R) Today and Right Now, I spoted at Grand Ave Southbound at 7:03pm so that leaves the (R) with More than 120 Cars of R160's (12 Trainsets) I have seen alot more R46's Come to the (F), 3 were back to back.

I saw that consist at 86th Street heading home. It was going to 95th.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Just for the Record an R32 did run on the (Q) Last Month, MIDNIGHT Hours it ran, Someone I Know told Me this 2 weeks ago, They needed a Train and the R32 was the Only thing there to back it up, By the way I got the R32 (:P at DeKalb this Morning.

And Just for the Record an R32 did run on the (Q) Last Month, MIDNIGHT Hours it ran, Someone I Know told Me this 2 weeks ago, They needed a Train and the R32 was the Only thing there to back it up, By the way I got the R32 (:P at DeKalb this Morning.

GTFO! Now that's interesting, R32 (Q) during off-hours.

And Just for the Record an R32 did run on the (Q) Last Month, MIDNIGHT Hours it ran, Someone I Know told Me this 2 weeks ago, They needed a Train and the R32 was the Only thing there to back it up, By the way I got the R32 (:) at DeKalb this Morning.

Very Cool. 32s on the (Q). That's what I'm talking about:tup:

Just to let you all Know Another R46 has been transferd to pitkin Last Friday

9913-22 is In Service on the (R) Today and Right Now, I spoted at Grand Ave Southbound at 7:03pm so that leaves the (R) with More than 120 Cars of R160's (12 Trainsets) I have seen alot more R46's Come to the (F), 3 were back to back.

I caught that same set on monday. Ironically, it was my 1st time on the ®160 :cool:

I've only seen 2 R160 ®'s since they first started running (neither in my direction) and I take the (R) 5 damn days a week. If 12/30 (R) trains are R160s then that must say something about my luck...I'm not complaining though, I like the R46s better.

Just saw a 9940's-50 set testing on the (J) yesterday!:tup:

So that means Jam has received all of its R160's as I saw the last 2 5 car Alstom sets (9793-9802) in revenue service on the E on Thursday. Someone said Kawasaki 9923-9932 was in revenue service on the R a few days ago meaning the last Kawasaki R160 (9933-9942) should be testing. So it will be interesting to see how many R160's make it to the R. I would prefer the F be 100% R160 but perhaps the MTA prefers to run the new R160's throughout the day keeping the older R46's mainly for rush hour service on the R and F. Jamacia should now have over 800 R160's with 8713-8722 assigned there

So that means Jam has received all of its R160's as I saw the last 2 5 car Alstom sets (9793-9802) in revenue service on the E on Thursday. Someone said Kawasaki 9923-9932 was in revenue service on the R a few days ago meaning the last Kawasaki R160 (9933-9942) should be testing. So it will be interesting to see how many R160's make it to the R. I would prefer the F be 100% R160 but perhaps the MTA prefers to run the new R160's throughout the day keeping the older R46's mainly for rush hour service on the R and F. Jamacia should now have over 800 R160's with 8713-8722 assigned there

Yeah, which means the R160s are almost all here.

That's Not going to happen, The ®/(F) will share Both the R160's and R46's, It Saves Time, Money and less crew, This is what they did when the R32's and R42's were on the (R), Plus Jamaica is keeping thier R32's and they are getting 20-30 more so, Any Line (E),(F) or (R) would wind up getting some R32's again, Jamaica doesn't really want 3 car types on the (F) or (R) But who knows, The (E) is the only line that has 1 car type, Anything can happen and plus the GM's are getting the boot, so It might change back like it was before but alittle differnt, and I spoke to someone that works in the TA and the (C) getting R46's is still in Talk and now it has a strong possibilty of getting them meaning half R46's and half R32's and their remaining R32's would be Elsewhere (Jamaica or CI), But We will wait and see. If they did this it would be a smart move.

That's Not going to happen, The ®/(F) will share Both the R160's and R46's, It Saves Time, Money and less crew, This is what they did when the R32's and R42's were on the (R), Plus Jamaica is keeping thier R32's and they are getting 20-30 more so, Any Line (E),(F) or (R) would wind up getting some R32's again, Jamaica doesn't really want 3 car types on the (F) or (R) But who knows, The (E) is the only line that has 1 car type, Anything can happen and plus the GM's are getting the boot, so It might change back like it was before but alittle differnt, and I spoke to someone that works in the TA and the (C) getting R46's is still in Talk and now it has a strong possibilty of getting them meaning half R46's and half R32's and their remaining R32's would be Elsewhere (Jamaica or CI), But We will wait and see. If they did this it would be a smart move.

That would be smart half n half 32/46 on the (C).But what I think Jamaica is doing with those spare R32's are for emergencies or gaps.So if a R160 (E) messes up a 32 would be used same as for the (F) & (R).But I rather have those 32's go to C.I b\c u have many options.

That would be smart half n half 32/46 on the (C).But what I think Jamaica is doing with those spare R32's are for emergencies or gaps.So if a R160 (E) messes up a 32 would be used same as for the (F) & (R).But I rather have those 32's go to C.I b\c u have many options.

That might happen to if CI gives more R160's to Jamaica, Those R32's will run both Rush Hours and full time, If jamaica has a total of 56 cars when the 30 arrives in the summer, They would run 1 or 2 trainsets all day, If the (V) was still around they would just be on the (V) since its a short line, since the (V) is getting cut, the 2nd short line is the (E), Jamaica would want to put them on a short line so they won't break down as much, The longer the line, The more they will break down, if the R32's returned to the (E) 1 or two Trainsets would run all day while the rest are layed up , Plus The (G) is planned to be 100% R160's for OPTO reasons (smart idea) or 70% so that's less R160's on the (F) and (R). Also they Can run on the (F) or (R) during Rush Hours like they did before, That would also be smart, But If CI can just take the leftover (non (C) train) R32's then Jamaica would just deal with 2 fleets. But If Jamaica keeps the R32's and get more, expect them to show up on the (E),(F) or (R), rerember the (V) is getting cut so out of those 3 lines one of them will run the R32's unless something changes.

That might happen to if CI gives more R160's to Jamaica, Those R32's will run both Rush Hours and full time, If jamaica has a total of 56 cars when the 30 arrives in the summer, They would run 1 or 2 trainsets all day, If the (V) was still around they would just be on the (V) since its a short line, since the (V) is getting cut, the 2nd short line is the (E), Jamaica would want to put them on a short line so they won't break down as much, The longer the line, The more they will break down, if the R32's returned to the (E) 1 or two Trainsets would run all day while the rest are layed up , Plus The (G) is planned to be 100% R160's for OPTO reasons (smart idea) or 70% so that's less R160's on the (F) and (R). Also they Can run on the (F) or (R) during Rush Hours like they did before, That would also be smart, But If CI can just take the leftover (non (C) train) R32's then Jamaica would just deal with 2 fleets. But If Jamaica keeps the R32's and get more, expect them to show up on the (E),(F) or (R), rerember the (V) is getting cut so out of those 3 lines one of them will run the R32's unless something changes.

Yep still alot of time

There's going to be alot of NTT's on the QBL. Well, it'll be R160 dominated. I'd like to see the (R) all NTT and the (F) spilt between new and old, since it requires 45 trains during peak time. With the new (M) is coming...more 160's. Exciting for me.

There's going to be alot of NTT's on the QBL. Well, it'll be R160 dominated. I'd like to see the (R) all NTT and the (F) spilt between new and old, since it requires 45 trains during peak time. With the new (M) is coming...more 160's. Exciting for me.

Like I said before, The Only QB Lines that is going to be 100% R160's is the (E) and the new (M), The ®/(F) Will share R160's and R46's and Maybe R32's. So Please stop foaming, Its not about what Railfans want, Its about how Jamaica yard wants to run their Lines, The (E),(F),(G) and (R) as well as the (V) comes from Jamaica the GM (soon to be gone) make the choices on what equipment goes on what line as well as the Yard supt., You Never Know, they can put most of the R160's on the (R) and have the (F) very little R160's or vise versa.

Man, if the 32's are around for 5 more years, we'll be riding in 50+ year old cars!

So What, I rather ride 50 year old subway cars, Oh dude go to London, their oldest tube stock is over 50 years old, The R32's are in great shape, I would understand if was the R42's, But You need to realize that the TA as well as the MTA made a big mistake by going broke and spending money on bullshit, That's one of the reasons why the R32's are staying as well as the R44's falling apart, The R44's have stuctual problems, When you have subway cars that have a masive Body problem, You have to get rid of those subway cars.

And?

AND...!? It's 2010! I was glad when the (E) got 160's. I didn't like 32's; too old for me. I like new things. I was riding those for years, five days a week, cause I went to school in the city. I caught a 32 on the (V) on Thursday. It sure did bring back memories.

AND...!? It's 2010! I was glad when the (E) got 160's. I didn't like 32's; too old for me. I like new things. I was riding those for years, five days a week, cause I went to school in the city. I caught a 32 on the (V) on Thursday. It sure did bring back memories.

Who cares?! A train is a train, I could really give two shits as to what ever shows up first.

Griping over equipment isn't going to do justice...the same problems that occurred on the R32s could very well occur on an R160 or ANY other subway car type.

I ride R32's everyday and they don't bore me, The TA has orderd to many R160's, They should have built a different subway car with the same features as the R160's.

So What, I rather ride 50 year old subway cars, Oh dude go to London, their oldest tube stock is over 50 years old, The R32's are in great shape, I would understand if was the R42's, But You need to realize that the TA as well as the MTA made a big mistake by going broke and spending money on bullshit, That's one of the reasons why the R32's are staying as well as the R44's falling apart, The R44's have stuctual problems, When you have subway cars that have a masive Body problem, You have to get rid of those subway cars.

He doesn't get it...

Yeah the 42s look like garbage yet they still run fine, but like I previously stated, griping over trains isn't going to help because the same problems can happen on any subway car. I could care whatever comes because my main priority is to get to where I need to go as quick as possible...when all business is taken care of then I can find the spare time to ride on my favorite equipment.

I think I'd rather me a nice smooth riding 2010 whip than some old beat up thing that runs OK, but is on it's last legs. I'm a RAILFAN, therefore I do care about what train comes in the station. That's the difference between casual and hardcore. Casual says, A to B; hardcore says, I'll take it, but I like this better. Also, I prefer uniformity, so I'm glad the (MTA) ordered a ton of the same type of cars. I'm pretty sure that'll save 'em money somewhere. NTT's all the way!

There is no chance that the C will get R46s until the next new fleet comes in.

Archived