Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

Hello everyone I am new to this website and it has been extremely helpful. But anyway, for those of you wondering what list they are calling from....

They sent list 5025 back (I think after the March 17th class. I assume this because When I turned down the first class that they offered me, they called be back for the march 17th class. But when I turned down the march 17th class they said i had to remove my name from the list because it would be going back to dcas soon and i would have been listed as a "No-Hire"- and when I am ready to start I need to restore my name to the list). Anyway, they were waiting for an approval for a new class. They just requsted and received the 5025 list again (on Friday), and have the next date (which I don't know) So I am assuming they have only been calling people off of the 2801 list.Basically If u are on the list for 5025....expect a call soon because they are going to start calling from that list.

LB What is your list #?

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That could be because Staten Island has the fewest bus operators,don't rule out downtown Manhattan or south Brooklyn. It is a tough call though,I would have to think long and hard if I was forced to go to a Bronx or Manhattan depot,Brooklyn is fine with me if there are no open slots in Queens.

Do you have a cdl or a cdl permit?

im thinking about going to West Farms if called and pass training if nothing else is open i live in Brooklyn

would rather pick into Brooklyn though

That could be because Staten Island has the fewest bus operators,don't rule out downtown Manhattan or south Brooklyn. It is a tough call though,I would have to think long and hard if I was forced to go to a Bronx or Manhattan depot,Brooklyn is fine with me if there are no open slots in Queens.

Do you have a cdl or a cdl permit?

Hey Loco

I have the CDL permit, the minimum I believe for taking the test..

Alot of action going on I see.

LBOPERATOR: What your saying makes alot of sense. We knew they stopped calling off of that list for a little while, and they were strictly calling off of list 2801. My list number was 825, so you will be at the top of your class when they take you. You will be able to go to Staten Island or Queens if you want. EVERYONE ON MABSTOA LIST 2801 CAN NOT GO TO SI OR QUEENS. So therefore, they have to strictly rely on list 5025.

FDBGUY: People have been FLOCKING to Staten Island. Right now, anyone can get Staten Island. Also, you DON'T NEED A CDL PERMIT TO TAKE THE TEST. You just need a cdl class B permit to get HIRED. To take the test, all you need is a regular license.

Alot of action going on I see.

LBOPERATOR: What your saying makes alot of sense. We knew they stopped calling off of that list for a little while, and they were strictly calling off of list 2801. My list number was 825, so you will be at the top of your class when they take you. You will be able to go to Staten Island or Queens if you want. EVERYONE ON MABSTOA LIST 2801 CAN NOT GO TO SI OR QUEENS. So therefore, they have to strictly rely on list 5025.

FDBGUY: People have been FLOCKING to Staten Island. Right now, anyone can get Staten Island. Also, you DON'T NEED A CDL PERMIT TO TAKE THE TEST. You just need a cdl class B permit to get HIRED. To take the test, all you need is a regular license.

I hope you're right Chris!!! You sure? Yukon is right here but Castleton would work just as well, can't be TOO fussy-

I hope also the CDL permit test was much harder.. lol

Thanks..

im thinking about going to West Farms if called and pass training if nothing else is open i live in Brooklyn

would rather pick into Brooklyn though

West Farms. Plenty of parking, all 2003 artics, few 400series, and alot of CNG Orion VII. I wouldn't go back there though. Did 1 year there. I'm back home at KB, where I started. Kingsbridge = home of the dawg buses.

I hope you're right Chris!!! You sure? Yukon is right here but Castleton would work just as well, can't be TOO fussy-

I hope also the CDL permit test was much harder.. lol

Thanks..

I failed the General Knowledge test at the DMV the 1st time,passed the 2nd time around. Like Chris mentioned,there are going to be about 25 cdl related questions. That I believe is going to be the hardest part of the test. If you can get 10 or less answers wrong you will be in good shape.

Don't get there too early,it is going to be a warm day. From my past experience taking the dsny exam last year,they make you wait outside the building for up to an hour. If you read the admission card carefully they will let you inside up to an hour after the time posted on your card. Filling out forms,fingerprinting,etc is done before you can begin the test. They give you 3 hrs to take the test which is more than eneough. I am not going to leave until I have double checked my answers.

I failed the General Knowledge test at the DMV the 1st time,passed the 2nd time around. Like Chris mentioned,there are going to be about 25 cdl related questions. That I believe is going to be the hardest part of the test. If you can get 10 or less answers wrong you will be in good shape.

Don't get there too early,it is going to be a warm day. From my past experience taking the dsny exam last year,they make you wait outside the building for up to an hour. If you read the admission card carefully they will let you inside up to an hour after the time posted on your card. Filling out forms,fingerprinting,etc is done before you can begin the test. They give you 3 hrs to take the test which is more than eneough. I am not going to leave until I have double checked my answers.

You mean 10 or less answers for the CDL part or for the whole test??

I failed also my first time, air brakes and gen'l knowledge but studied better then knocked it out. I didn't pay much attention to things truck drivers would need to know..

Thanks Loco

I meant 10 or less answers wrong for the exam this Saturday. Chris said that most people are going to get 10-15 wrong. As far as list #'s go,I would say #2000 and lower is ok with me. I hope to get called by the latest end of 2009,that is my goal.

I can only hope the test goes well and we get called sooner than that...

Maybe that retirement package they're talking about will make them call sooner..

Chris F thinks it may be fast we get called..

Yes I hope so as well. We should know sometime this year when they finish with the 2 lists that they are calling people from. The thing is that we might get our list #'s up to a year after the test. I thought we could check online,(The Chief leader)but that is only for the answers of the exam(1 month after this Saturday).

LOCOMOTION: You have good knowledge about the exam and how the process goes. You have obviously been paying attention. I got 13 wrong on the exam and my list # was 825. My friend got 7 wrong, and his list # was 150. If you score in the top 500, expect to be as soon as the list starts.

FDBGUY: Don't worry about the cdl test yet. Right now, I would be worrying about that test saturday. Good luck. I'm excited for you guys. I'm looking forward to hearing what your scores are.

LOCOMOTION: You have good knowledge about the exam and how the process goes. You have obviously been paying attention. I got 13 wrong on the exam and my list # was 825. My friend got 7 wrong, and his list # was 150. If you score in the top 500, expect to be as soon as the list starts.

FDBGUY: Don't worry about the cdl test yet. Right now, I would be worrying about that test saturday. Good luck. I'm excited for you guys. I'm looking forward to hearing what your scores are.

Chris, I meant that hopefully the CDL permit test was harder than the 8006..

I won't get lost. The next month I will be spending ALOT of time studying for the dispatcher exam. Now, for all of those who took test 8006, I need sample questions. PLEASE POST UP ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU REMEMBER.

Chris, best of luck with the test..

I remember a couple..

Williamsburg Bridge is between which boroughs?

A couple of questions about skidding.. which way to turn the wheel, etc

A good amount of reading comprehension, I thought not that much CDL..

Stuff about proper procedure in the event of passenger injury..

A few questions reading the bus routes in Manhattan and points of interest.

Statue of Liberty is on Liberty Island not Governor's Island...

I actually got it wrong.. lol Brain fart there. I know I didn't get 100%

That one was a tricky one,I changed my answer to liberty island after looking at the Manhattan bus map. I think I got between 5-9 wrong,would be surprised if I was under or over either way. There was a lot of people,line stretched around the block...not many cdl related questions like you said. A lot of reading comprehension questions.

Sample question that I found hard.

What color are the fog lights on the rear of a vehicle?

A=green B=red C=amber D=white I choose D,probably got it wrong,just guessed.

That one was a tricky one,I changed my answer to liberty island after looking at the Manhattan bus map. I think I got between 5-9 wrong,would be surprised if I was under or over either way. There was a lot of people,line stretched around the block...not many cdl related questions like you said. A lot of reading comprehension questions.

Sample question that I found hard.

What color are the fog lights on the rear of a vehicle?

A=green B=red C=amber D=white I choose D,probably got it wrong,just guessed.

Maybe common sense would have told me to look at that map also..

5 - 9 wrong is awesome... I really don't know about mine, I'm hoping no more than 10..

Archived