Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIMMICKS: You will not get there at 6-6:30. You are getting there at 6:00 A.M.. There are other people that no the deal. So by 6:30, your number could be A125. You want to be A100.

When you go into the lobby, they will let you in the lobby, but not upstairs yet. They won't let you upstairs until they call from upstairs and tell the desk person in the lobby that it's ok to send you up.

Also, keep this in mind - The building is not owned by the MTA. WHen you go in the lobby, that person at the desk has NOTHING to do with the MTA. She was hired by the person who owns the building. The MTA rents out the almost the whole building, but they don't own it. So don't go up to the woman at the front desk and start talking to her about the medical or anything because she has no idea. Just tell her "I need to go to the fifth floor for my medical". She will say "ok, but I'm waiting for them to call me so I can send you upstairs". Just make sure you wait in a line in the lobby. If people go upstairs and get to the desk on the fifth floor in fron of you, then their number will be ahead of you. SO WAIT RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR WHEN YOU WAIT IN THE LOBBY. Let everyone else wait up against the wall.

Jacquie-No. Sanitation tickets are ok.

I dressed like I was running an organized crime family. I had a valore jacket on, with jeans and my Steve Madden shoes on. I had an affliction shirt on under the valore jacket. I was PIMPED OUT. lol

Staten Island is so terribly close to N.J., and use to stink as bad. Mafia = N.J. which = STI. Did you sprinkle O'dur de N.Y. on your neck, to make a lasting impression with the Human Resources people?

You do not need to dress like you are going to an interview, with someone important, or a transit bus company that is worth dressing like that for (i.e., Liberty Lines). You are coming to drive a filthy, beaten down, most of dented fleet bus. All MTA is concerned about is your background, you passing, and how many times they can write you up throughout your career........

Remember, (MTA) = 1 year parole, and 24 years probation. So be good so the officers don't haul you back into the office.........

You do not need to dress like you are going to an interview, with someone important, or a transit bus company that is worth dressing like that for (i.e., Liberty Lines). You are coming to drive a filthy, beaten down, most of dented fleet bus. All MTA is concerned about is your background, you passing, and how many times they can write you up throughout your career........

Remember, (MTA) = 1 year parole, and 24 years probation. So be good so the officers don't haul you back into the office.........

GEE, why dont you tell us how you really feel. LOL

It's a Bronx driver thing. We got it bad here. Only if so much traffic wasn't in Manhattan. People or traffic is the two I have to choose between.

You could always come over to East New York! Surface Transit Headquarters Baby! MTA's Finest! Then all you would have to deal with is traffic..... most of the time.

Repeat after me.... STA-TEN IS-LAND. I almost feel like I'm robbing the MTA.

To anyone out there, when you pick a depot after qualifying, pick the depot closest to your house. If you live in the bay ridge brooklyn area, I would suggest Staten Island. There routes are easy. Not as much traffic as brooklyn either.

I would rather deal with the customers than the traffic. You see, even though I absorb what happens (the stupidity), I just don't give a flying shi.....I even tell the customers, I've gave up here in the DOB, so I just don't care. It makes me feel better not giving a rats a$$. I get my check, and get them from A to B safely, that's all that matters.

Besides I live in Yonkers on the Northwest side. KB is the closest to me.

Wait I got a sanitation ticket, (ECB ticket), for not recycling properly. That can't be held against you during employment, can it?

That is a non criminal violation, not a criminal violation. The only thing that they are concerned about is misdemeanors, felonies, or severe violations issued by the PD (i.e., jumping turnstiles, going through the back door of a bus, moving violations, etc....). They don't check for sanitation tickets. That isn't a criminal matter, nor does it have to do with ones license.

That is a non criminal violation, not a criminal violation. The only thing that they are concerned about is misdemeanors, felonies, or severe violations issued by the PD (i.e., jumping turnstiles, going through the back door of a bus, moving violations, etc....). They don't check for sanitation tickets. That isn't a criminal matter, nor does it have to do with ones license.

Aha, okay, I got you now. Thank you!

I took both exams too. i got called down for the mabstoa yesterday. I called the HR yesterday to ask what number they are up to on 5025 and she gave me the same number she gave me 10 days ago, 1649. Did you already take your medical?

I took both exams too. i got called down for the mabstoa yesterday. I called the HR yesterday to ask what number they are up to on 5025 and she gave me the same number she gave me 10 days ago, 1649. Did you already take your medical?

NAMM they have no clue. Don't even bother calling. They are way passed that number.

Well i went to livingston today. Was out by 11am. Got there at 6am. I was #102. The lady said she was going to call in a few days for the medical. Try to get me into the 4/14 or 4/28 training class. She also said they dont do the background check until after your hired, which to me makes no sense. Hey Chris, can you tell me about the medical. What do they check? Just eyes and ears?

Repeat after me.... STA-TEN IS-LAND. I almost feel like I'm robbing the MTA.

To anyone out there, when you pick a depot after qualifying, pick the depot closest to your house. If you live in the bay ridge brooklyn area, I would suggest Staten Island. There routes are easy. Not as much traffic as brooklyn either.

If it wasn't for the Verrazano bridge toll I would consider it if and when the time comes. I drive everywhere. I don't take public transportation,wouldn't even know which buses to take to get there from Queens.

Archived