Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

And would how you score on that test also relate to how soon you'd get called combined with the 8006 results?

Thanks Loco

It is a pass or fail exam. I don't think they give you a score. Your list number from exam 8006 will determine when you get called in. Keep in mind that we have 2 lists ahead of us.

wbsguy:BOSS=Bus Operator Selection Survey. Backtrack and read some of the earlier postings on here.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a pass or fail exam. I don't think they give you a score. Your list number from exam 8006 will determine when you get called in. Keep in mind that we have 2 lists ahead of us.

wbsguy:BOSS=Bus Operator Selection Survey. Backtrack and read some of the earlier postings on here.

thanks Loco..

LOCOMOTION: There are 2 lists ahead of you. That is correct. Not for long.

5025 is almost done. I know that because when they called they end of the list to go down for the BOSS exam, only 60% of the people showed up. So in essence, they may only be up to 2000 on that list, but they basically only have 1000 left to go down for their drug test.

4400 people passed, but out of the 1400 people left, only 800 went down to take the boss. So its really between 800-1000 left.

By the summer, only list 2801 will be active.

5025 is almost done. I know that because when they called they end of the list to go down for the BOSS exam, only 60% of the people showed up. So in essence, they may only be up to 2000 on that list, but they basically only have 1000 left to go down for their drug test.

4400 people passed, but out of the 1400 people left, only 800 went down to take the boss. So its really between 800-1000 left.

I hope its soon chris. I am 2180 and havent got called yet for the drug test. But someone on here said they were called down for the medical and he was 1915. So it should be soon. Hows the job so far, and how are you doing?

hey GIMMECKS. Ive been great. My first "official" day on my own is tomorrow. The job is good. I really can't complain about the job. Except for today, it rained. It rained while I was working. So I guess I could complain about the weather maybe?

I'm doing good. I moved out of my house. On my own now. How about you? How are you holding up? 2180, yea thats CRAZY close. Your going in very soon.

HANG IN THERE!!!

Hey

Hey Chris,

How do you know only 60% went down for the Boss exam?

By the way, glad to hear work is going well for you! :D

Jacquie

Hey Chris!

congrats!

just to let you and evryone else know, im list #1987 and i am going down on the 30th for employment paperwork and lab work! 730 am will be there at 615!

regards

john(MTA)

Hey Chris!

congrats!

just to let you and evryone else know, im list #1987 and i am going down on the 30th for employment paperwork and lab work! 730 am will be there at 615!

regards

john(MTA)

Just curious, why would such a large # of people go through everything else and not take this test that is required? (not that I'm complaining.. lol)

hey GIMMECKS. Ive been great. My first "official" day on my own is tomorrow. The job is good. I really can't complain about the job. Except for today, it rained. It rained while I was working. So I guess I could complain about the weather maybe?

I'm doing good. I moved out of my house. On my own now. How about you? How are you holding up? 2180, yea thats CRAZY close. Your going in very soon.

HANG IN THERE!!!

Congrats Chris the only thing that Sux About SI Division is that they never have or participate in any G.O.'s that would be extra easy money for you right there

would anyone know if there are any study materials we can buy to prepare for this BOSS test?

would anyone know if there are any study materials we can buy to prepare for this BOSS test?

no there is no study material the test is commom sense

your answers are labled like this

disagree

strongly disagree

agree

strongly agree

and in some cases neutral

thats all i can give you

There is nothing to study. It is interview type questions in test form. They will ask you questions such as "How acceptable is it to be late to work?" You obivously would answer never. You have to give the answers THEY want to hear.

Hey Chris!

congrats!

regards

john(MTA)

Hey John, thats great! Congrats. May i ask how long ago you received the notice to do down to livingston st?

Do anybody have an idea of the status of list 8008.....was anybody called down from that list. I am also on list 2801 I have pretty much of an idea whats going on with that exam thanks to this thread. I took the boss exam for 2801 on the 16th and 8008 on the 17. If any body has any info in 8008 I would appreciate an update.

-Thanks

no there is no study material the test is commom sense

your answers are labled like this

disagree

strongly disagree

agree

strongly agree

and in some cases neutral

thats all i can give you

thanks........so just tell them what they want to hear?....

Do anybody have an idea of the status of list 8008.....was anybody called down from that list. I am also on list 2801 I have pretty much of an idea whats going on with that exam thanks to this thread. I took the boss exam for 2801 on the 16th and 8008 on the 17. If any body has any info in 8008 I would appreciate an update.

-Thanks

Exam 8008 is for MTA Bridges and Tunnels Maintainers,I think you mean exam 8006 which was on April 19th.

wbsguy:Yes sir,just tell them what they want to hear,that sums it up.

Exam 8008 is for MTA Bridges and Tunnels Maintainers,I think you mean exam 8006 which was on April 19th.

wbsguy:Yes sir,just tell them what they want to hear,that sums it up.

Exam #8008 is for (MTA)Bus Company Bus Operators when I was down at 180 Livingston Street last month it was only one person there for (MTA)Bus so I really don't know what's going on with that list

but I did search for exam #8008 and there was a hit for exam #8008 for (MTA)Bridges & Tunnels

Chris, or if anyone can help with this. i took my cdl permit and passed air brakes, passenger end, but failed the general knowledge. i know. its supposed to be the easiest of the three but now i have to go down to Livingston. someone told me to still go down and bring everything that u have and MTA will tell u to get the other part of the cdl is this true? i tried calling the number to confirm but all it does is ring to no end.

kewl........ start posting some of them and lets have a looksee.:D

ok. in this case the answer for this questions are presented by letters-

A-B-C-D-E

this are the questions

In your opinion employees who use their full amount of sick time every year are?

A-costing their employer money unnecessarily

B-unproductive and a burden to fellow worker

C-sickly people

D-using a company benefits appopriately

E-just using what is rightfully theirs

the answer is A.

ONE MORE

How comfortable are you speaking one- on- one with co-workers?

A-very unconfortable

B-somewhat unconfortable

C-fairly confortable

D-confortable

E-very confortable

the answer is D

ok. in this case the answer for this questions are presented by letters-

A-B-C-D-E

this are the questions

In your opinion employees who use their full amount of sick time every year are?

A-costing their employer money unnecessarily

B-unproductive and a burden to fellow worker

C-sickly people

D-using a company benefits appopriately

E-just using what is rightfully theirs

the answer is A.

ONE MORE

How comfortable are you speaking one- on- one with co-workers?

A-very unconfortable

B-somewhat unconfortable

C-fairly confortable

D-confortable

E-very confortable

the answer is D

thanks those were helpful.......... to get an idea what kind of questions they ask and more importantly how to answer them. i got the first question wrong. i thought it was either D or E, if they give you sick days why not use them? feel free to post another.

thanks those were helpful.......... to get an idea what kind of questions they ask and more importantly how to answer them. i got the first question wrong. i thought it was either D or E, if they give you sick days why not use them? feel free to post another.

How would they say being comfortable or very comfortable talking to fellow workers is right or wrong..

The first problem with the BOSS exam are the people taking it. They give you MORE than enough time to triple check your answers. Its not that many questions. I read everything 3 times and I changed my answers because I picked up on a couple of key things.

1- They ask you many of the same questions, they just re-word the question

2- It was basically common sense. When they ask you how you feel about someone who calls in sick, you don't want to say you think its ok.

3- There really was no right answer. There were just 1 or 2 "wrong" answers. In other words, if you pick A, B and D then thats acceptable. If you pick C then you got it wrong.

Thats was what I meant by saying "it is almost impossible to fail". So after reading this why do you think people fail? Not because they are stupid, but because they didn't take the time out to read everything over and over and over and over and over.

Good luck to those taking the BOSS exam in the future.

Archived