Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well yea locomotion69 the test was harder but there is way to find out if u passed just take 80 questions subtract from the questions you got wrong and times it by 1.25 that`s your test score i think and fdb guy i`m not offended i was just posting it so they can see right away instead of going to the link. well you need to score a 70 to pass so lets say you scored 100 percent right. take

1.80 x 1.25 = 100

but i got 21 wrong take

2.80 - 21 = 59

take 59 x 1.25 = 73.75

which is my score

well now we need is our list number.

Oh,I got it now,wasn't sure how they scored it. I assumed that if you got over 20 wrong you failed the exam. So you just made it,cool. Hopefully all of us will get our chance,we just have to be patient.

Thanks for that info BusOperator 3319. The list for exam 8006 hasn't been established yet,but when it is it will expire in 4 years. By the way,the other list Mabstoa is bigger than the #5025 list,at least in the #6,000's.

BO3319, Loco, Chris

You guys are saying all these #'s will get called before they even start with 8006?

BO3319, Loco, Chris

You guys are saying all these #'s will get called before they even start with 8006?

I am afraid so,Chris had a calling chart,not sure if he is still keeping track,he is very busy these days. If we got a score of 85 that would put us in the middle of the list at worst,it really depends on how many people scored higher than us.

I am afraid so,Chris had a calling chart,not sure if he is still keeping track,he is very busy these days. If we got a score of 85 that would put us in the middle of the list at worst,it really depends on how many people scored higher than us.

Loco, if it is the middle of the list for 8006 guys with that score, is it easy to say at least a year in your estimate or would Chris have a better idea if he is still keeping up..

Thanks

Ulmer Park and Flatbush are in the area. So If you are able to pick I would say one of those.

You picked into Ulmer Park? Or did they give it to you? If you picked they must be in the process of unifying the contracts.

i picked it. 10 mins away from my house, and only 6 local routes + 3 expresses to learn. love it:cool:

hey i was lookin for you guys on the other thread thinking where the he// did everyone go? anyway i got 8 questions wrong on the 8006 exam, so i guess i got a 90% (1.25 x 8= 10 then 100-10= 90) will that be enough to get a call:confused:

hey i was lookin for you guys on the other thread thinking where the he// did everyone go? anyway i got 8 questions wrong on the 8006 exam, so i guess i got a 90% (1.25 x 8= 10 then 100-10= 90) will that be enough to get a call:confused:

90% is good enough, so don't worry.

Just to let you all know I called DCAS for Exam #5025

here is where they stand

Eligibles 4,885

Last Eligible # certified 4,881

Last Eligible Appointed 1,649

List Expires Oct,31 2011

Hey, what does numbers certified mean? Thanks!

I just got the pre employment application and I am concerned about the question that says have you ever been in an accident during the past three years which resulted in property damage or physical injury? If yes eplain. Here is my dilemma I had an accident that a car that backed out of a driveway and hit my car. That was three years ago. No one was hurt, just car damaged. Then last year, I was hit by a drunk driver, she received a dwi and again my car was damaged. Will this eliminate me from being hired? Since there is only room for one accident if I had two does that mean its over!!!! There is only rooom to write one accident. I can't believe after all this waiting I will be disqualified

yeah you might as well tell the truth because when they do the background check everything is going to pop up. i cant help you on the question when u say there is not enough room but when you go up there you have 2 fill out another application anyway then an mta employee is going to explain what to do & etc.. then they going to ask if you got any questions forum a line so you go on that line & explain ur situation

I just got the pre employment application and I am concerned about the question that says have you ever been in an accident during the past three years which resulted in property damage or physical injury? If yes eplain. Here is my dilemma I had an accident that a car that backed out of a driveway and hit my car. That was three years ago. No one was hurt, just car damaged. Then last year, I was hit by a drunk driver, she received a dwi and again my car was damaged. Will this eliminate me from being hired? Since there is only room for one accident if I had two does that mean its over!!!! There is only rooom to write one accident. I can't believe after all this waiting I will be disqualified

Neither one was your fault, so don't worry about it. Just be honest.

Thanks, but the application has room for only one accident. In fact it says, date of accident. should I attach another sheet and eplain the second accident. It says to use more room if you need for violations ( i don'y have any), but iy doesn;t say to do that with accidents.

Write it out on a seperate piece of paper so when you go you have all the info. Than when you go up to the counter, tell the lady you need an extra form to put the info onto. But talk to the lady first, you may not need to put the info down if neither were your fault.

If you picked they must be in the process of unifying the contracts.

I've said it many times here before. All of MTA/TWU MaBSTOA, Brooklyn, and 126st depot are merged. We can pick into 126st, Brooklyn (TA not MTA Bus), or another MaBSTOA depot. This happened this year for our general pick. Many came from Brooklyn, to MaBSTOA, and they are regretting it too. Those who left OA (Bronx depots) for Brooklyn, love it in Brooklyn.

Hey, what does numbers certified mean? Thanks!

That means your number is on the list they are calling from. You see when people pass the exam, they are first put on a eligible list. When they start calling, they take a certain amount of eligibles, and put them on a list to be called. Example is 6,000 pass. When they start hiring they may take the first 1,500. That means 1,500 persons will be put on the certified list. After they finish with them, then they will take a next set of people from the eligible list, and put them on the certified list. That means look for a letter soon.

That means your number is on the list they are calling from. You see when people pass the exam, they are first put on a eligible list. When they start calling, they take a certain amount of eligibles, and put them on a list to be called. Example is 6,000 pass. When they start hiring they may take the first 1,500. That means 1,500 persons will be put on the certified list. After they finish with them, then they will take a next set of people from the eligible list, and put them on the certified list. That means look for a letter soon.

So only 4 people are not on the certified list...thats absurd

That is great! I believe one person on here got 7 wrong. You will defintely get called before DSNY. I have a feeling that it is a very low group who scored 95%-100%. Next step is the BOSS,in the meanwhile we will get notified of our list numbers through the mail. Patience my friend,patience.

So only 4 people are not on the certified list...thats absurd

Let me clear this up. It means that list has 4,885 eligibles. That is how many passed the exam. Last eligible certified is 4,881. That is how many are on the "master" eligible list. Last appointed is 1,649. This 1,649 is the last list # appointed. The 4,885, and 4,881 are not list numbers. Those are the amount of people. The last 4 who are not on that list, will be after they get through with the remainder of the people. List # 1,649 may be the last list # appointed, but they could have called to list number 1,655. The last 7 could of failed, or had issues. When calling DCAS you will know you are receiving a letter, when they say you are on an "outstanding certification". But with the bureaucracy you can get called to come down, before you are put on an "outstanding certification", or get your results back by mail.

Let me clear this up. It means that list has 4,885 eligibles. That is how many passed the exam. Last eligible certified is 4,881. That is how many are on the "master" eligible list. Last appointed is 1,649. This 1,649 is the last list # appointed. The 4,885, and 4,881 are not list numbers. Those are the amount of people. The last 4 who are not on that list, will be after they get through with the remainder of the people. List # 1,649 may be the last list # appointed, but they could have called to list number 1,655. The last 7 could of failed, or had issues. When calling DCAS you will know you are receiving a letter, when they say you are on an "outstanding certification". But with the bureaucracy you can get called to come down, before you are put on an "outstanding certification", or get your results back by mail.

Thank you for clearing that up!

That is great! I believe one person on here got 7 wrong. You will defintely get called before DSNY. I have a feeling that it is a very low group who scored 95%-100%. Next step is the BOSS,in the meanwhile we will get notified of our list numbers through the mail. Patience my friend,patience.

thanx van, but as you know how it is with the dcas, unless you get 100% on your test, you get stuck sitting on a list for yrs............ i'm a bit irked cause i actually studied for this test:mad: i got an 85% on the court officer exam and never heard from them (DCAS), 97.5% on the sanitation also not good enough, so i'm a bit skeptical that a 90% on this BO exam is good enough either, but we'll see.

sorry for venting..........peace, good luck to everyone on this thread

thanx van, but as you know how it is with the dcas, unless you get 100% on your test, you get stuck sitting on a list for yrs............ i'm a bit irked cause i actually studied for this test:mad: i got an 85% on the court officer exam and never heard from them (DCAS), 97.5% on the sanitation also not good enough, so i'm a bit skeptical that a 90% on this BO exam is good enough either, but we'll see.

I hear what you are saying,but this list will be shorter than the DSNY list. I got 12 wrong and I feel the same way as you,even felt like crumbling up my answer sheet an throwing it in the garbage.

I remember Chris writing in a post that he felt the same way that we did when he found out how many he got wrong(9). He thought that he would never get called,his list # was 9xx and in less than 2 yrs he is already on the job.

Suffering produces perseverance;perserverance,character;and character,hope.

My husband got a 97 as well on sanitation, but they only called 4,000 and under as of now. That will probably be years before anyone under 100 % hears from them.

Archived