Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

I hear what you are saying,but this list will be shorter than the DSNY list. I got 12 wrong and I feel the same way as you,even felt like crumbling up my answer sheet an throwing it in the garbage.

I remember Chris writing in a post that he felt the same way that we did when he found out how many he got wrong(9). He thought that he would never get called,his list # was 9xx and in less than 2 yrs he is already on the job.

Suffering produces perseverance;perserverance,character;and character,hope.

Loco.. the positive thoughts are great but I would imagine it depends how many there are that took the test now. I am staying positive and I'm glad to read all you and everyone's posts here.

Thanks!!

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVERYONE: I read all of your posts. Igor, Loco and to everyone else- If you got under 10 wrong, your list number will most likely be under 1000. MANNY got 7 wrong, he should be in the top 300. If you got between 10-15 wrong you will certainly get called.

Anything over 15 is tough to say. 16 wrong should be ok. It all depends on how everyone else did. Anything over 20 wrong you will be put in the back of the list. You will still have a shot at getting called, but you may have a high list number.

Like I said, I got 13 wrong on the last test. I would not say they test was harder. It was probably just as difficult. I got 13 wrong, my list number was 825. They did not start working off of my list until November 15th, 2007. I got called 3 months after they started calling off of my list.

EVERYONE: Dont expect to recieve anything from the mta until the end of this year. They take a while to send out your results. Once they do, it goes very fast.

ASSUMING that the results are exaclty the same as the last test, anyone who got 15 wrong and under will have a list number of 1500 and lower. Thats pretty good.

Here is my take. I think the test was not harder, but caught alot of people (people not on this forum) off guard. EVery other person who took the test was probably thinking they were going to have a dsny, nypd fdny test. Like I said before, the mta bus operator exam was the HARDEST city exam I have ever taken. I think that if I took the test again, and got 13 wrong again, my list number would be slightly higher this time around. Probably somewhere in the 700's opposed to 825. So, all I can say is 15 wrong or less should be sitting pretty. Anyone with 10 wrong or less will most likely be in the first few classes.

Do I still believe they will start calling at the beginning of next year? Yes and No. Yes at the rate they are hiring. Staten Island and Queens seems to be on a little bit of a hold, which is why they were calling off of list 2801. 5025 should be done by the end of this year. Which means they will need 8006 for next year.

Congratulations to all who took the test. You were on this website, and did the right thing. You all looked forward to it, and I'm sure you will be happy and suprised once you get your results. Remember one thing, When I found out I got 13 wrong I was shocked. I was even ashamed to tell my friends how many I got wrong. I was COMPLETELY SHOCKED when I recieved my list number. 825 and 13 wrong??? I think the test was just as hard, but people were not prepared for it this time around. They just had fdny test last feb, dsny last june, so after coming off of those tests, they expected the same type of test. You guys knew the whole time what to expect. You will be happy with your list number. Congrats!

EVERYONE: I read all of your posts. Igor, Loco and to everyone else- If you got under 10 wrong, your list number will most likely be under 1000. MANNY got 7 wrong, he should be in the top 300. If you got between 10-15 wrong you will certainly get called.

Anything over 15 is tough to say. 16 wrong should be ok. It all depends on how everyone else did. Anything over 20 wrong you will be put in the back of the list. You will still have a shot at getting called, but you may have a high list number.

Like I said, I got 13 wrong on the last test. I would not say they test was harder. It was probably just as difficult. I got 13 wrong, my list number was 825. They did not start working off of my list until November 15th, 2007. I got called 3 months after they started calling off of my list.

EVERYONE: Dont expect to recieve anything from the mta until the end of this year. They take a while to send out your results. Once they do, it goes very fast.

ASSUMING that the results are exaclty the same as the last test, anyone who got 15 wrong and under will have a list number of 1500 and lower. Thats pretty good.

Here is my take. I think the test was not harder, but caught alot of people (people not on this forum) off guard. EVery other person who took the test was probably thinking they were going to have a dsny, nypd fdny test. Like I said before, the mta bus operator exam was the HARDEST city exam I have ever taken. I think that if I took the test again, and got 13 wrong again, my list number would be slightly higher this time around. Probably somewhere in the 700's opposed to 825. So, all I can say is 15 wrong or less should be sitting pretty. Anyone with 10 wrong or less will most likely be in the first few classes.

Do I still believe they will start calling at the beginning of next year? Yes and No. Yes at the rate they are hiring. Staten Island and Queens seems to be on a little bit of a hold, which is why they were calling off of list 2801. 5025 should be done by the end of this year. Which means they will need 8006 for next year.

Congratulations to all who took the test. You were on this website, and did the right thing. You all looked forward to it, and I'm sure you will be happy and suprised once you get your results. Remember one thing, When I found out I got 13 wrong I was shocked. I was even ashamed to tell my friends how many I got wrong. I was COMPLETELY SHOCKED when I recieved my list number. 825 and 13 wrong??? I think the test was just as hard, but people were not prepared for it this time around. They just had fdny test last feb, dsny last june, so after coming off of those tests, they expected the same type of test. You guys knew the whole time what to expect. You will be happy with your list number. Congrats!

Hey Chris, how's it going? Hope the studying is going well.. when is the test?

I have one answer I'm not sure if I wrote a B or a D, so it might be 11 instead of 12 wrong.. whatever it is, it is. I was pretty disappointed as you were. Hopefully I'll be shocked too as the rest out here..

Sucks to hear SI is on a bit of a hold... Wait and see is all that can be done. Maybe there'll be good news for the newbies after the contract. Good to see you back.

Hello Chris. This is my second post on the site. I appreciate all of the info you shared with us on the forum. Im looking forward to the results as well and hope that I land A spot in the top 300. Good luck with your studies!

Chris,I thought you said before that you got 9 wrong(86)on your exam. List #825. I find it hard to believe that somebody would get such a low list# with 13 answers wrong. Yes I agree that the bus operator exam was harder than the DSNY exam.

FDBGuy:Chris is taking the dispatcher exam on Saturday,May 17th.

FDBGUY: Thanks for the concern. I take it saturday, as Locomotion said. I can't wait till this is over. Don't worry about Staten Island. It will open up BIG TIME. Especially after the third depot is built.

LOCOMOTION: I made a mistake. It was NOT 9 wrong, but 13. My friend reminded me of that about a month ago. He got 7 wrong, his list number was 152. I got 13 wrong, and mine was 825. This is FACT. I know some woman in my class said she got 11 wrong, and her list number was in the 600's I remember.

MRMETRO: Good luck and I'm glad I can help. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Hey Guys how's everything? Congratulations to all who took the test including myself. At first i was down about what i got on the exam....1 got 13 wrong. But after reading that people who got between 10-15 questions wrong on previous tests still got called ,the chance of me getting called is still good. Lets just say no worries here.And for those who got under 10 wrong i tip my hat to ya'll. My next step is getting my CDL as soon as possible. Good luck guys.

Well, thats it boys and girls. My exam is officially over and done with. Anyone who has a question, or who wants to get a SICK debate going, just post up something that will offend dob2dob. lol

Hey Chris

How do you think you did?

Well, thats it boys and girls. My exam is officially over and done with. Anyone who has a question, or who wants to get a SICK debate going, just post up something that will offend dob2dob. lol

1. Mr. Dispatcher2Bee, how do you think you did? I read your post about the seniority. Your score is 85% test, and 15% seniority right?????

2. What kind of post will offend the likes of me? I do the offending around these parts :(:P:p:p:p:p. Has any of the women see ATM on your shirt yet???????

FDBGUY: I think I did ok, thanks for asking. I felt good leaving the exam, but overall I think alot of people will be dissapointed once they get their scores back. I think the test was trickier than what alot of people thought.

DOB: Like I said to FDB, I think I did ok. I can't wait till they come out with the answer key. I have not met any girls that I like yet. On the express routes, the girls usually start talking to me. Some of them look like gargoyles, and some are ok. I'm waiting for that really cute girl. If you look at the patch on the shirt in a mirror, it does say atm though.

FDBGUY: I think I did ok, thanks for asking. I felt good leaving the exam, but overall I think alot of people will be dissapointed once they get their scores back. I think the test was trickier than what alot of people thought.

DOB: Like I said to FDB, I think I did ok. I can't wait till they come out with the answer key. I have not met any girls that I like yet. On the express routes, the girls usually start talking to me. Some of them look like gargoyles, and some are ok. I'm waiting for that really cute girl. If you look at the patch on the shirt in a mirror, it does say atm though.

GARGOYLES??????? :( Hysterical... thanks for making my day Chris. You are a bad dude.. lmao

ATM???????

GIMMICKS: They did come out with the answer key for the bus operator exam.

Also, ATM is MTA backwards. So there is a joke in the mta, saying that when girls look at a guy in the mta, they see money, hence the atm analogy.

It ain't a joke, it's a fact. But it's always the misshapen, obese, superbly older, gargoyle and Sasquatch looking ones, who want to talk to you. I had one on the Bx19 trying to talk to me. She was old enough to be my mother, and she was like Biggie. Fat, Black, and ugly as ever..........

For those who may find it interesting or helpful: I have just received a letter indicating successful completion of the BOSS exam. Again, my List # is 4417 and this is for exam #2801.

It's curious that I've been in contact every month by MaBSTOA regarding the outcome of each process.

Anyway, this is for anyone who may be curious about exam # 2801.

It ain't a joke, it's a fact. But it's always the misshapen, obese, superbly older, gargoyle and Sasquatch looking ones, who want to talk to you. I had one on the Bx19 trying to talk to me. She was old enough to be my mother, and she was like Biggie. Fat, Black, and ugly as ever..........

That is because they know you can't get up from your drivers seat,they have you pinned in so to speak,lol. :eek:I am sure you do take notice when they get off your bus.

That is because they know you can't get up from your drivers seat,they have you pinned in so to speak,lol. :eek:I am sure you do take notice when they get off your bus.

I would cry assault, and sit home for 2 years having nightmares......

I only take notice of the young "slim goodies", who get on my bus..........

And Lord knows there are some dime pieces all over the BX.

Only reason I miss the Bx41, and the Bx1/2. The M100 has them, but they don't come out till summer. Most of the time though, the M100 is full of senior citizens. I would like to come across this Dominican young woman again. She is learning English. A few weeks ago, she replied to me (in her broken English), that maybe I can teach her English, and she can teach me Spanish. When she left the bus, I said to her " I though you were going to teach me Spanish", which she said "I'll see you again, on the M100". Heck I gave a 25yr old black woman my number last Saturday. She does have a boyfriend (doesn't live with him), so I though she was going to leave after I asked her if she was single, and she replied no. She stayed at the door asking me questions, and giving me the look. I said to her " you want my number don't you", she smiled and said "yes"..........Haven't heard from her yet. First girl I went out with on the job, was from the M100. Of course she was a new to the USA Dominican. I need to learn Spanish, as I have said before. I love young Latin women.......

The subway is still the place to see most of the dime pieces, and they seem to be more friendly there.

For those who may find it interesting or helpful: I have just received a letter indicating successful completion of the BOSS exam. Again, my List # is 4417 and this is for exam #2801.

It's curious that I've been in contact every month by MaBSTOA regarding the outcome of each process.

Anyway, this is for anyone who may be curious about exam # 2801.

congratulations jack i'm waiting for this letter to see if i pass or fail the boss exam for 2801. my list # is 4787.

thanks for the information.

Archived