Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

congratulations jack i'm waiting for this letter to see if i pass or fail the boss exam for 2801. my list # is 4787.

thanks for the information.

No problem. I'll try to update on every event. You should get a response soon, good luck.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm back and better than ever......any questions? By the way, DOB will be leaving the DOB. Just don't laugh when the door hits him in the ass on the way out. lol

Hey Chris-

my husband took the boss exam back in april, are people from 5025 hearing from boss as well as from 2801? ( I think that is the test name)

Hope all is well on your routes!!!

I'm back and better than ever......any questions? By the way, DOB will be leaving the DOB. Just don't laugh when the door hits him in the ass on the way out. lol

Hey Chris - first off, thanks for the many feedback you help us with.

Question: Does MTA implement a mandatory schedule on Sunday mornings, or is Sunday an option?

Hey Chris - first off, thanks for the many feedback you help us with.

Question: Does MTA implement a mandatory schedule on Sunday mornings, or is Sunday an option?

I can answer that one. MTA is a 24/7 operation. You will work Sundays, and the only way you can get out of it, is by speaking to the union when hired, if you have religious observance on Sundays. You still might not be able to get out.

Do you think that the planned opening for the new depot in Charleston will make a difference in the availability in SI. I am working with a charter bus company so hopefully that will help with getting used to operating a bus. You seem very knowledgable and am learning alot. Thanx

I can answer that one. MTA is a 24/7 operation. You will work Sundays, and the only way you can get out of it, is by speaking to the union when hired, if you have religious observance on Sundays. You still might not be able to get out.

Hey thanks DOB2RTO!

I also thank you for helping out with many questions.

Yes I was thinking on the religious observance. I worship every Sunday morning since I currently work in the evenings. I actually prefer evening to midnight shifts.

I guess I wouldn't mind working on Sunday evening but if I speak with the union do you think the MTA may give me an evening shift on Sunday?

At least it won't be as if I don't want to work on Sunday, and I am sure that many don't like to work evening to midnight shift.

I don't mind working on a Sunday as long as I get to pick my shift,for me it would have to be after 5:00pm. 24/7 operation mainly in manhattan, At least you get paid double time. If the union can't do anything about it then it is a weak union,got to get a real union like the teamsters.

I got this from a triboro coach website,DOB2RT0...what are your thoughts?

"This is how i understand the Long Island Bus situation went down. First, MTA/LIB has been part of the MTA much longer than we have, I believe something like 4 or 5 years. They started talking contract way before they became MTA BUS. I hear they gave back a lot and they do have age 62 for their pension. Let's all remember that this contract is short term and right after we get ours settled the next one must get done. THAT'S THE ONE WE SHALL SEE PARRITY!!!. MTA/LIB did get parrity this time around but just salary wise."

"DO WE WANT THE RETIREMENT AGE OF 62? No way so it's not parrity if it's not the same as. This is what Parrity means, The same as the other guy get's, and in this case it's the MTA/NYC Transit. And second, I heard that it was a pleasure dealing with the Head of local 252 and MTA BUS. it went very smooth, NOT LIKE DEALING WITH WATT AND TOUSSAINT. These are the people who are making our lives a living hell."

Hey thanks DOB2RTO!

I also thank you for helping out with many questions.

Yes I was thinking on the religious observance. I worship every Sunday morning since I currently work in the evenings. I actually prefer evening to midnight shifts.

I guess I wouldn't mind working on Sunday evening but if I speak with the union do you think the MTA may give me an evening shift on Sunday?

At least it won't be as if I don't want to work on Sunday, and I am sure that many don't like to work evening to midnight shift.

Newbies usually work evenings. Mornings are usually jobs for guys with time on the job. Overnight is usually for guys with alot of time on the job. But again that depends on the Borough. MaBSTOA things usually work the way I describe.

I don't mind working on a Sunday as long as I get to pick my shift,for me it would have to be after 5:00pm. 24/7 operation mainly in manhattan, At least you get paid double time. If the union can't do anything about it then it is a weak union,got to get a real union like the teamsters.

I got this from a triboro coach website,DOB2RT0...what are your thoughts?

"This is how i understand the Long Island Bus situation went down. First, MTA/LIB has been part of the MTA much longer than we have, I believe something like 4 or 5 years. They started talking contract way before they became MTA BUS. I hear they gave back a lot and they do have age 62 for their pension. Let's all remember that this contract is short term and right after we get ours settled the next one must get done. THAT'S THE ONE WE SHALL SEE PARRITY!!!. MTA/LIB did get parrity this time around but just salary wise."

"DO WE WANT THE RETIREMENT AGE OF 62? No way so it's not parrity if it's not the same as. This is what Parrity means, The same as the other guy get's, and in this case it's the MTA/NYC Transit. And second, I heard that it was a pleasure dealing with the Head of local 252 and MTA BUS. it went very smooth, NOT LIKE DEALING WITH WATT AND TOUSSAINT. These are the people who are making our lives a living hell."

We have 24/7 operation in the Bx. Remember I did post I had worked overnights. I did it on the Bx19 (Sun/Mon/Thur/Fri) and Bx21 (Saturday only). I had run 1 on the Bx19 Sun/Mon, run 2 Thur/Fri, and run 2 on the Bx21 Sat. The 24hr Bx lines 6, 9, 10, 12, 15, 19, 21, 36, 40, and 41.

As for what I think of what MTA Bus operators are saying, they are correct. Toussaint keeps talking about we wear the same uniforms, so we should have the same contracts, but nothing has been done yet. Problem is MTA paying those who have 25/55 in in the private lines already, if they retire as soon as they get the same contract as us. I think MTA is stalling until most of them who have time on the job from the private lines to MTA Bus, to do 30/62. When most of them retire under that contract, then it will be affordable to pay the remaining under the 25/55 plan.....

Watt and Toussaint doesn't listen to the workers. They are out for themselves, just as alot of the depot chairs are.....

Do you think that the planned opening for the new depot in Charleston will make a difference in the availability in SI. I am working with a charter bus company so hopefully that will help with getting used to operating a bus. You seem very knowledgable and am learning alot. Thanx

There will definitely be some openings when the Charleston Depot opens, but the only problem is being on the list already. Casleton & Yukon B/O's, and some vets from other depots will have first pick. When Grand Ave opened, East New York and Fresh Pond operators had first dibs on the depot and it's routes. If this is something you are considering, now is the time to apply at MTA. The Charleston Depot should be up and runing by November/December of next year if all goes as planed.

Well i'm more interested in exam 2801 and what number they are up to for medical to my understanding the july class is for 2801

this is the information that i have

i received a letter from mabstoa exam 2801 today .the letter say cogratulations you have successfully completed the boss(bus operator selection survey. as positions become abailable ,you will be invited to our falicility in the order that you were randomly selected, to continue the pre-employment selection process.

i'm happy because i pass this test 2 of my fraind faild this test before

thanks god that i pass.

my list #is 4787

i dont know if this will help you

i received a letter from mabstoa exam 2801 today .the letter say cogratulations you have successfully completed the boss(bus operator selection survey. as positions become abailable ,you will be invited to our falicility in the order that you were randomly selected, to continue the pre-employment selection process.

thanks god that i pass.

my list #is 4787

Thanx it helps alot Manny I got the same letter my drug test expires this month

thanks god that i pass.

my list #is 4787

Congrats, manny ... I knew you'd get it soon as I got mine recently and I'm #4418 ... Thanks for the update.

Congrats, manny ... I knew you'd get it soon as I got mine recently and I'm #4418 ... Thanks for the update.

i remember that you tellme i should get a response soon thanks.

and if you have any update please let us know.

thanks.

Archived