Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

Can't you call if you believe they went pass your number?
You know i throw my hands in the air with the people in Human Resources i called and spoke with a woman and asked did she know when the next class was her answer to my question was i dont know this is really getting out of hand no one communicates with one another @ 180 Livingstion St. is this not a joke and if anyone from 180 lurks on this forum do you hear me now

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know i throw my hands in the air with the people in Human Resources i called and spoke with Mrs. or Ms. Juanita Chestnut and asked did she know when the next class was her answer to my question was i dont know this is really getting out of hand no one communicates with one another @ 180 Livingstion St. is this not a joke and if anyone from 180 lurks on this forum do you hear me now

I am still getting number 1649 for 5025 lol...seems like they are doing a great job keeping up with paperwork!

Hi! Chris,

Thank you for sharing this info with us. I am a new member as of today. I was attracted to your letter because I am looking to sit the #8006 test - Bus Operator Test.

I am kindly asking you for any other information you can help me with to get the test and pass it. I appreciate any info you can give.

Sweety.

Hi! Chris,

Thank you for sharing this info with us. I am a new member as of today. I was attracted to your letter because I am looking to sit the #8006 test - Bus Operator Test.

I am kindly asking you for any other information you can help me with to get the test and pass it. I appreciate any info you can give.

Sweety.

Hey sweety,

Exam 8006 was given already in April. If your inquiring about exam #8008 that is for MTA Bus. Your list number should of been generated randomely and you will be called down to 180 livingston street to take the boss exam. The boss exam is equavilant to a physc exam. I took my boss test in april and I am still waiting for the results. I hope this helps a little bit.

Hey sweety,

Exam 8006 was given already in April. If your inquiring about exam #8008 that is for MTA Bus. Your list number should of been generated randomely and you will be called down to 180 livingston street to take the boss exam. The boss exam is equavilant to a physc exam. I took my boss test in april and I am still waiting for the results. I hope this helps a little bit.

Hey everybody...

The list numbers are generated randomly? I thought it went by test scores-

Thanks

Hey everybody...

The list numbers are generated randomly? I thought it went by test scores-

Thanks

Only for those taking TA civil service bus operator tests. Their score determines what their list number is, and they will be called to take the BOSS from this number. For those applying for MaBSTOA and MTA Bus, they submit an application, and then the names are put in a CPU, which randomly generates a list number for them. You are called to take the BOSS when they get to your number. Their is no actual test for OA or MTA Bus.......

Only for those taking TA civil service bus operator tests. Their score determines what their list number is, and they will be called to take the BOSS from this number. For those applying for MaBSTOA and MTA Bus, they submit an application, and then the names are put in a CPU, which randomly generates a list number for them. You are called to take the BOSS when they get to your number. Their is no actual test for OA or MTA Bus.......

I know that we find out our score/list numbers through the mail(exam 8006)but do they put up the entire list of eligibles online once the list is established? thanks in advance.

I know that we find out our score/list numbers through the mail(exam 8006)but do they put up the entire list of eligibles online once the list is established? thanks in advance.

Absolutely not. That is something on the line of doctor/patient confidentiality. They notify those who passed by mail, but it is not for public display, unless you want to display you passed yourself........

Thanks DOB...as always you guys are there...aka "MTA gets you there?" :D

Absolutely not. That is something on the line of doctor/patient confidentiality. They notify those who passed by mail, but it is not for public display, unless you want to display you passed yourself........

Aha,so nobody will know how big the eligibles list is. Oh well,all that one should need to know is how many list#'s are ahead of them.

When I call the lady says they are up to number 2790.

When I called today , HR stated they are still at 2790. She clarified that this is the number they hired up to so far.

Anyone after this number get called for drug and/or medical yet?

Jacquie

for the new comer, if you don't have your CDL with air break + p. do youself a BIG favor, go get it before the training starts. although it costs you money, compare to be free with MTA. but still, you don't want to take a chance. BASE ON RESULT, 3 of my classmates failed dmv road test the 2nd time. that's about 3rd week into your line training. they got fired on that day. that's a heart breaker right there. in case you don't know, you have 2 chances to pass the dmv road test. if qualify on day 10, mta will only give you 1 chance. so get your CDL now, it's good for you :(

They merged, but not quite. NYCT has civil service status. Mabstoa does not yet. Until Staten Island and Queens are merged with mabstoa, they will remain apart. Promotional exams are seperate, yet the same. Once someone from mabstoa or nyct becomes a dispatcher, they can go anywhere.

They merged, but not quite. NYCT has civil service status. Mabstoa does not yet. Until Staten Island and Queens are merged with mabstoa, they will remain apart. Promotional exams are seperate, yet the same. Once someone from mabstoa or nyct becomes a dispatcher, they can go anywhere.

Queens will never merger w MaBstoa they will never pass the vote the same way CS operators voted down artics for .25 an hour more.

Chris for a guy w 3 months on the job you sure to think you know alot.(NYCT)

GAB: Not sure how long the hold is for. Won't be that long though.

HAWK: I don't understand your question/statement. What depot do you work out of? At the last union meeting I was at they were talking about a complete merge starting January first of 2009. I was just curious to know if they spoke about it at your union meeting.

GAB: Not sure how long the hold is for. Won't be that long though.

HAWK: I don't understand your question/statement. What depot do you work out of? At the last union meeting I was at they were talking about a complete merge starting January first of 2009. I was just curious to know if they spoke about it at your union meeting.

Are you ATU or TWU?

Archived