B82 Limited Stop Service Implementation

BusOperator3319

They might as well extend the B82 (Limied) to Spring Creek Mall.

Or a better idea imo would be to create a new "B19' route when this 'mother of all recessions ends. It would run between Brooklyn Postal GMF on Elderts Lane and Kings Highway (:P(Q) East 16th St. station as supplementary route to the B82.

The B19 would also serve Gateway, Brooklyn Developemental center

I add it in the new routes thread as well.

I think the B82 should become a limited routes weekday since it has a local routes on most segments, B83 penn av, B6 flatland & bay parkway, B7 kings highway. It would make all stop on flatland between Ralph & Flatbush, Kings highway Between Coney Island av & Bay parkway and Between UP depot and coney Island.

• 3 months later...

I personally like this idea, because this bus route is extremely long. However I wish this bus would run during the midday, when the crowds are also big from mostly shopping, and schoolkids.

By the way, I found out (via MTA's Trip Planner) that the B82-LTD service will start September 13th.

It also looks as if the route has been changed to go into the Mermaid Loop.

Apparently the (B82) LTD will go to 37th Street in C.I. I saw a sign at 37th Street & Mermaid Avenue.

You mean East 17th Street and Mermaid Avenue, right?

You mean East 17th Street and Mermaid Avenue, right?

No, i really mean at Mermaid and 37th. I find it kinda wierd considering the maps say its going to terminate at stillwell. Who knows, it might be just one of those school day specials that run right before or after school.

No, i really mean at Mermaid and 37th. I find it kinda wierd considering the maps say its going to terminate at stillwell. Who knows, it might be just one of those school day specials that run right before or after school.

The B82 is already very long, there is no need for it to go to West 37th/Sea Gate. Transfer to the B74 or B36 for that.

If anything the B82 CI Terminal should be moved up 1 block and serve the Mermaid Ave loop at the former B64 Bus Stop.(Terminal)

Well, have you seen the 36 and the 74 during those times? It's kinda ridiculous. Anywho, I'm going to check that out tomorrow and try to upload a picture.

LTA i know CI/Sea Gate very well as I used to live there until 2003. The problem with the B36 and B74 is the headways, both lines need more buses especially during rush hours before we talk about extending another line, either the B82 or B68 to Sea Gate/West 37th St. Guys I am aware we are in the middle of a (MTA) fiscal crisis, but this is an service improvement needed, when the fiscal crisis ends.

Plus if you are in hurray going to school LTA, just leave early. And LTA be lucky the B74 is still running 7 days a week after the June doomsday cuts.

^^ surely you're not suggesting a headway increase on the B74... isn't it the most efficient route in the system....

as far as the B36... I'm not so sure it's headways that's the problem, as much as it is an insufficient amt. of service during certain times of the day....

He's right about the (B36), and the same problem exists on the (B74) as well.

LTA i know CI/Sea Gate very well as I used to live there until 2003. The problem with the B36 and B74 is the headways, both lines need more buses especially during rush hours before we talk about extending another line, either the B82 or B68 to Sea Gate/West 37th St. Guys I am aware we are in the middle of a (MTA) fiscal crisis, but this is an service improvement needed, when the fiscal crisis ends.

Plus if you are in hurray going to school LTA, just leave early. And LTA be lucky the B74 is still running 7 days a week after the June doomsday cuts.

Okay, all that was'nt called for. Second, you USED to live there. I still do. Second, people in C.I are just too lazy to walk to the train station. Third, Who said I wasin a hurry to go to school? I start at 3 in the afternoon. And I dont call having the (B74) lucky. Its only natural to have a bus run down the main strip of a neighborhood, especially if it's heavily used.

He's right about the (B36), and the same problem exists on the (B74) as well.

With the B74, I don't agree.... How many more buses are ya gonna put on that route to the point where it wouldn't be excessive....

With the B36, I never implied he was wrong.

And I dont call having the (B74) lucky. Its only natural to have a bus run down the main strip of a neighborhood, especially if it's heavily used.

Agreed.

....and his point was that, the MTA could've easily gotten rid of the B74, being that a route like the B36 runs in very close proximity of it..... using the word "lucky" was probably a poor choice of words on his part....

Okay, all that was'nt called for. Second, you USED to live there. I still do. Second, people in C.I are just too lazy to walk to the train station. Third, Who said I wasin a hurry to go to school? I start at 3 in the afternoon. And I dont call having the (B74) lucky. Its only natural to have a bus run down the main strip of a neighborhood, especially if it's heavily used.

LTA i agree with you that the B74 is needed so calm down young man.

I was making the 'lucky' point on this point. That the clueless (MTA) would probably say that the B74 weekend ridership is 'too low' and that an increase in B36 service which is 1 block away on Surf Ave is a proper alternative. Also I am surprised that the (MTA) did not try to scrap at least B74 weekend service. That all I am saying.

LTA neither the B82 or B68 does not need to be extended to Sea Gate/West 37th. I am not saying I am endorsing it but the only extension that made sense was to merge the B64 and B74 (before the B64 was cut back to 25th Ave/Cropsey)before the June service cuts.

I Saw The b82 ltd turning on surf going towards seagate and it made it stops and then it goes down mermaid to stillwell and the last stop is infront of a blue diner across from mcdonalds and the pick up is now where the b64 used to be at the stops are no longer at stillwell next to dunkin doughnuts . Anybody on here go to coneyisland or lives there from nyctf let me know i live in coneyisland .

It was crazy today. B82 Local Passengers were confused when B82 LTD zoomed by local stop. They had same face as they see (V)intage trains. I even hold up the sign I made.

It was big day and surprise trip.

I'm developing pictures/videos in orders I took.

It was same with return trip, but I only went to Canarsie (L) Station.

Stay tune.

Archived