Bus drivers got the boot up their ...

Olegkha

aleast 600 are let go as of next monday no need for them to pick.

I think every one who started after july 1 of last year is gone

did not hear noting about clases prior to july 1 there were 2 of them

Yep. Another driver mentioned it to me on my swing tonight that someone told her they got a letter today. I just got home, checked my mail.. Apparently my wife didn't check it. Got my letter.

Thanks for the father's day gift MTA. Company could go F**k themselves as far as I'm concerned. I knew it was going to happen. Must have said like 20x on here.. Oh well. Time to move to something esle. Sure as hell aint gonna sit around and wait for them.. Can't afford to.

Hope you are safe Olegkha. At least I don't gotta deal with this crappy pick.

Yup i got mine and i was hired April 2008.I have a question are the getting rid of Mabstoa guys and keeping TA/ MTA Bus ? I Pick on Monday is that nixed even if there is open picks?? just seems weird. now have to activate my list on PD and Sanation or i can use my GI bill and go to school. This sucks !:tdown:

Yup i got mine and i was hired April 2008.I have a question are the getting rid of Mabstoa guys and keeping TA/ MTA Bus ? I Pick on Monday is that nixed even if there is open picks?? just seems weird. now have to activate my list on PD and Sanation or i can use my GI bill and go to school. This sucks !:tdown:
NYCTA Surface as well not sure about (MTA) Bus Company or (MTA) Long Island Bus

I thought that the city would have some type of say so as to TA employees who do they belong to the City or the (MTA) if the MTA why does the City Personnel Department even bother to give a test for Bus Operator

now they could do what ever they want with the employees from (MTA) Bus Company as they are not hired off of an Open Competitive Examination and belongs to the (MTA) not NYCT OR MaBSTOA

MaBSTOA has Civil Service protection but not status from what I understand

Long Island Bus that's a whole nother story

Nice Fathers Day gift from MTA/NYCT to the operators who got the pink slip.

I'm sure Jay Walder is having a better Fathers Day than you.

My sincere regrets to you guys. Hang in there.

I hope the survivors remember when and if they ask for Bus Rodeo contestants this year not to sign up in support of these men and women. I mentioned that to RTO people on this board a few months ago (and in the crew room) because we are being treated like (crap) but they signed up anyway. These rodeos are a way to show management "All is well" but it's not.

We are sailing on a sinking ship with Jay Walder as the captain. NYCT is a modern day version of the Titanic. This guy is out to drown all of us and he is the only guy who can fit into the lifeboat.

I can't describe the disdain I have for this character.

I knew this was going to happen. when i picked friday night there was barely any runs left at all the depots and the last time i checked there were more than 300 people behind me.

What are you guys going to do now as far as looking for a new job, or riding the unemployment train till it ends or jumping off a building lol.

You guys are proffesional and i'm sure you can find work with other companies, I see alot of bus companies in redhook, and in maspeth or in the general secton forum, BZ guy wrote that Bonanza/peterpan is looking for drivers and I called the other day and yes their looking for full time guys out of seacacus NJ, so you never know.

the ones that got laid off are twu local members or another union?

i agree with bill.....the disdain for him makes my head boil......i cant think of a worse guy(besides bloomberg) that i cant stand besides him.......

the ones that got laid off are twu local members or another union?

i agree with bill.....the disdain for him makes my head boil......i cant think of a worse guy(besides bloomberg) that i cant stand besides him.......

TWU 100.. Don't know about SI or Queens..

As far as what to do now.. I am gonna take a week or two for myself.. Make sure I get every cent I am entitled to back from the ta. I'm curious to know if I am going to get back my contributions to my pension. I know I'm not entitled to sick time b/c I am still on probation. I have 1 holiday in the bank and I should get paid for next Sunday b/c it is my regular work day according to the current pick. So at the minimum they owe me 7 days.. Woohoo.. lmao

After the 4th of July, I'll start looking for work and ride the unemployment train as long as I need to b/c I am entitled to it.I've worked on the books and paid into it since I was 18. I am also going to look into training programs the Dept of Labor has for free for unemployed peeps.. And I found a school in Queens that offers CDL A training with the road test included for like $600.. So I might look into it and jobs driving tractor trailers.. Look for work as an auto mechanic b/c I do that too.. I was also a cabinet maker for 7 yrs and glazier for 3.. So I don't think I will be unemployed for too long. But who knows. I know things are bad everywhere. At least it's not xmas time. though I have no doubt they would have any problem laying off people then either.

To all those who got their pink slip, I'm extremely sorry to hear this news. I can only wonder how you'll be able to pick yourselves back up and stand on your teo feet again, especially in a tough economy like this. It's happening all over again, the rich are getting richer, and the poor get bent over and get it up their rear ends. So many things could have been done to prevent these cuts, even if it meant halting the long-term capital construction projects.

Well, best of luck to you guys who got the notice. I'd hate to see anyone have to leave their jobs like that. But don't worry and hang in there...I hope you all believe in karma because I sure as hell do!

Nice Fathers Day gift from MTA/NYCT to the operators who got the pink slip.

I'm sure Jay Walder is having a better Fathers Day than you.

My sincere regrets to you guys. Hang in there.

I hope the survivors remember when and if they ask for Bus Rodeo contestants this year not to sign up in support of these men and women. I mentioned that to RTO people on this board a few months ago (and in the crew room) because we are being treated like (crap) but they signed up anyway. These rodeos are a way to show management "All is well" but it's not.

We are sailing on a sinking ship with Jay Walder as the captain. NYCT is a modern day version of the Titanic. This guy is out to drown all of us and he is the only guy who can fit into the lifeboat.

I can't describe the disdain I have for this character.

Great post. If Balder is going to shitcan you guys and treat you all like shit, the least you can do is make him look bad whenever he meets with any other heads of transit agencies. It would really be something if at the next APTA Rodeo, NYCT doesn't even field a team because no one signed up.

To my fellow (B)us Ops ,I'm really sorry for the shit I just heard and the thing that gets me is that I didnt see this coming only cuz it's SVC that I thought that was more important but now hearing this ,I can say that it's wrong .

(MTA) This company is something else indeed ,I read someone say something about Bus ops taking the test for Transit and I passed that test ,I was to report but QSC which is close to my house was A better bet .It's not fair the Newbies it really isn't ,To go through all this ....For nothing ,I really feel for ya'll

I can't blv they can do this to Bus ops .

Sorry to all affected by this B.S.. RTO guys look out 'cause we're next. Nobody is safe around here any more, except " Fester ". Unless the next governor takes him out before somebody else does. I'm not advocating anything rash, but then again, he hasn't screwed me yet.

What a mess this is not going over well with some Bus Operators while waiting for the B12 today nearly an hour for the Bus towards Lefferts Gardens 3 Trips killed during the 4'oclock Hour tha last Bus within 4'oclock was 4:58 he showed

while I was returning from tha hospital on tha B12 I get to Alabama Avenue there is tha Operator on tha Q56 waiting for his relief which never showed Trip killed he pulled tha Bus into tha Depot MANAGEMENT FAILED to cover tha run and they think this is how they are going to save money shit is going to hit the fan

that old adage you don't know what you got until it's gone is going to hold true come tha 28th people who ride tha local routes weren't as vocal as they should have been

Sorry to all affected by this B.S.. RTO guys look out 'cause we're next. Nobody is safe around here any more, except " Fester ". Unless the next governor takes him out before somebody else does. I'm not advocating anything rash, but then again, he hasn't screwed me yet.
You know this years election could set a precedent If neither candidate is Union friendly they wouldn't get my vote I tell you when Spitzer was tha govenor this State had it good he knew where he came from and where he was going these people who are union members better wake up and become sucker free because if not thier jobs can go tha way of tha V & W

as it stands now tha (MTA) is setting a dangerous precedent by basically saying union members are no longer safe no matter what

Don't know about NYPD,but DSNY is in a very long hiring freeze,going on 2 years already. There won't be another class at least until Tier 5 is passed. What is your list number on the 6063 if you don't mind me asking?

well let`s all get together and demand the mta to change there bad habbits

Igor my friend.....maybe it's time to just forget about working for the MTA completely. Perhaps all of us will be better off in the long run. Like others have said the job just isn't the same anymore. These B/O layoffs are just the beginning...the worst is yet to come.

I'm sorry to hear about those who got their pink slips. Uncle Fester strikes again!

Like I said in a another post...Bonanza is looking for a couple of full timers in for the New York Division which is based outta Secaucus,NJ. We don't make MTA money,but top pay is 20.06 within 4 years and they have been giving people with prior experience a higher starting rate. Anybody wanting to apply,PM me an I'll point you to the right person to talk to.

The "Dog" (Greyhound) is always hiring in New York. However scheduling wise it's rougher than the MTA. You will be on the extraboard for a while,a long while.

Academy is always looking too,but I hear their pay isn't all that hot and if the dispatchers don't like you, you get s**t work.

Again I hope to see those of you that got the pink slip rolling again, and if there is anything I can do to help,don't hesitate to ask!

Archived