Bus drivers got the boot up their ...

Olegkha

;)Ya got to take adifferent attitude towards this whole situation. If you are a bus driver for MTA and you get the pink slip you do have options. I believe that you guys are well qualified to do other things later on in this thread there are other agencys that you can go to to weather the storm. And from what you have written you wont be too inconvenienced. So go foth and when this is over you will look back and smile

Yup i got mine and i was hired April 2008.I have a question are the getting rid of Mabstoa guys and keeping TA/ MTA Bus ? I Pick on Monday is that nixed even if there is open picks?? just seems weird. now have to activate my list on PD and Sanation or i can use my GI bill and go to school. This sucks !:tdown:

Your list # is 66.5??? Dsny hired up to # 486 I believe from the 2008 exam.

He can reinstate his list number with DSNY but who knows when the next class will be. Life is full of hard decisions,sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

66.5? I think he meant to say 665. There are no .5 with list numbers only with scores. Still that is a great list number to have from that exam(29,276 eligibles)

He can reinstate his list number with DSNY but who knows when the next class will be. Life is full of hard decisions,sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

66.5? I think he meant to say 665. There are no .5 with list numbers only with scores. Still that is a great list number to have from that exam(29,276 eligibles)

I was like # 11,xxx and I got a 92 on that exam. Never gonna see that job.

@ Postal 1.. There is nothing to smile about in this situation. The MTA thinks it's ok to F@@K with their employees lives so they can get more money. More money to spend irresponsibly so next year they can cry broke again. I got called in to see the boss this morning. They had to tell me in person, basically re-read the letter, that I was fired. Not to come pick. Can't tell me anything in detail. Gotta wait till Monday.

What effin horseshit. I'm disgusted and wanna choke someone to be honest. And then they expect everyone to come in and do their job and be ok with it all.. LMFAO

I was like # 11,xxx and I got a 92 on that exam. Never gonna see that job.

@ Postal 1.. There is nothing to smile about in this situation. The MTA thinks it's ok to F@@K with their employees lives so they can get more money. More money to spend irresponsibly so next year they can cry broke again. I got called in to see the boss this morning. They had to tell me in person, basically re-read the letter, that I was fired. Not to come pick. Can't tell me anything in detail. Gotta wait till Monday.

What effin horseshit. I'm disgusted and wanna choke someone to be honest. And then they expect everyone to come in and do their job and be ok with it all.. LMFAO

Like I said, Walder will get his. If you believe in karma then things will turn right back around on them.

Again I'm sorry to hear this. I had recently befriended a B/O from Staten Island and he said he's only been on the job for nine months. I wonder if he got laid off too...I need to tell my friend to head out to SI today to see what's the news. This is very appalling indeed. :tdown:

my score is a 66.5 the reason being they forgot to give my me military credit and they moved me from 1092 to 66.5. and yes there are half points, lol. I scored a 106.25 total on the test.

Oh,ok,now I understand it. Yeah DCAS is a little backward,lol. Which means you are a lock for the next DSNY class whenever that is. So the MTA contacted you first before DSNY did with only a few months difference,damm.

Like I said, Walder will get his. If you believe in karma then things will turn right back around on them.

Again I'm sorry to hear this. I had recently befriended a B/O from Staten Island and he said he's only been on the job for nine months. I wonder if he got laid off too...I need to tell my friend to head out to SI today to see what's the news. This is very appalling indeed. :tdown:

Walder is a dead man walking. Sure he has a bodyguard/security for now,once he gets the boot when the new governor takes office he will be a marked man.

Not a big deal getting rid of one or two employees,but when you are doing it to hundreds of people something has to give. One day we will be reading about Walder in the newspaper and it will be our turn to laugh.:cool:

the ones that got laid off are twu local members or another union?

i agree with bill.....the disdain for him makes my head boil......i cant think of a worse guy(besides bloomberg) that i cant stand besides him.......

Eff BOTH of them.......

Apparently they laid of more OA operators than TA. They did not follow the seniority list either. There are TA operator with less time then me that have picked today and are picking tomorrow. A union Rep today said they file a grievance on how the MTA is handling this(not following list seniority order) and they did not give me or other operators 60 days notice in writing. The GS said she was blind sided with they lay off of operators with as much time as me (26 months) she thought that only probation operators were getting laid off. I think im going to look into a lawyer and discuss my case if there is one(seen some in the chief). Some rumors i heard was they are going to hire back the operators that have been laid off in September, but you never know with the MTA might never get called. One last thing i just missed the cut off. My friend which was in my class (4/28/08) was able to pick, he had 20 seniority spots on me.

I think they laid off more OA operators then TA because they don't have civil service status. I don't know man. Heard on the news yesterday that more layoffs are coming,just a matter of time. The MTA Board has to meet first to discuss it.

About a lawyer,my neighbor(Liam Castro) works for Koehler&Isaacs,he is a labor and employment lawyer. This is the website. Most definitely get a legal opinion on this matter. You have the right to fight!

http://www.koehler-isaacs.com/practice/labor.htm

I'am so sorry to hear my B/O brothers and sisters have been given their death notices yesterday. I'am one of the few S/A's that got a reprieve from lay off last month for the time being. I'm sure after next month sometime in august I will be toast too. All the TA has to do is have these bullshit public hearings and do what they wanted to do in the first place. I appreciate what the union is trying to do by stalling the TA, while allowing me to continue to work and save money. But they are really playing hardball this time around. But when fester is ousted from office come january, TA will spend millions more trying to reinstate the system to the level it once was at. You just wait and see.

Apparently they laid of more OA operators than TA. They did not follow the seniority list either. There are TA operator with less time then me that have picked today and are picking tomorrow. A union Rep today said they file a grievance on how the MTA is handling this(not following list seniority order) and they did not give me or other operators 60 days notice in writing. The GS said she was blind sided with they lay off of operators with as much time as me (26 months) she thought that only probation operators were getting laid off. I think im going to look into a lawyer and discuss my case if there is one(seen some in the chief). Some rumors i heard was they are going to hire back the operators that have been laid off in September, but you never know with the MTA might never get called. One last thing i just missed the cut off. My friend which was in my class (4/28/08) was able to pick, he had 20 seniority spots on me.
Never believe what a General Superintendent tells you they are not your friends believe it or not Human Resources had to provide them with Tha hit list so how was she "blind sided" never trust anyone who has to meet a quota remember this management is non unionized personnel so in order for them to keep their jobs they will do whatever and tell you whatever to get you out of their office and further more get you fired

I'am so sorry to hear my B/O brothers and sisters have been given their death notices yesterday. I'am one of the few S/A's that got a reprieve from lay off last month for the time being. I'm sure after next month sometime in august I will be toast too. All the TA has to do is have these bullshit public hearings and do what they wanted to do in the first place. I appreciate what the union is trying to do by stalling the TA, while allowing me to continue to work and save money. But they are really playing hardball this time around. But when fester is ousted from office come january, TA will spend millions more trying to reinstate the system to the level it once was at. You just wait and see.
It's not even guranteed that Tha next Chairman/CEO will reinstate Tha personnel

there has to be a referrendum on Tha ballot calling for a special election if ever there is another case where a NYS governor has to step down because you all know who I'm placing Tha blame on

It's not even guranteed that Tha next Chairman/CEO will reinstate Tha personnel

there has to be a referrendum on Tha ballot calling for a special election if ever there is another case where a NYS governor has to step down because you all know who I'm placing Tha blame on

Yeah I hear you man, just wishful thinking I guess. This whole entire lay off crap is making me sick to my stomach. I mean they pulled the same fast ball with B/O's that they did with the S/A's. One weeks notice that you will be out of a job. They have no respect for us the workers, and they continuously show it over and over again.

lets not get ahead of ourselves. whose to say the next gov likes the direction walder is going in and decides to keep him. then we are f**ked. walder is the sadistic type of basturd to run this system into the ground then walk away a little richer. while the poor and working class people of the outer boroughs suffer.

Yeah I hear you man, just wishful thinking I guess. This whole entire lay off crap is making me sick to my stomach. I mean they pulled the same fast ball with B/O's that they did with the S/A's. One weeks notice that you will be out of a job. They have no respect for us the workers, and they continuously show it over and over again.
You maybe right though hopefully everyone is subject to recall

Another thing I'm concerned about I haven't heard of casulties from (MTA) Bus or Long Island Bus is local 100 members taking Tha brunt because Tha union took them to court this smells of retaliation

Liberty Lines Transit inc.The Beeline System is hiring full and part time driver positions (union).I recommend if interested to go to 475 Saw Mill River road in Yonkers NY human resources HQ.and fill out a application in person.Best of luck to all you Operaters.

Liberty Lines Transit inc.The Beeline System is hiring full and part time driver positions (union).I recommend if interested to go to 475 Saw Mill River road in Yonkers NY human resources HQ.and fill out a application in person.Best of luck to all you Operaters.

If you can drive for the MTA then you can drive for anybody,thanks for posting that info Articulated. Those recently laid off B/O's should get chosen first before anybody coming in from the street.

cdi919: that would be a nightmare if Walder is still the CEO come next January. The new Governor will bring in his own people after cleaning house first. It's not going to be hard to find a replacement for Walder.

Walders next job will be at The Great Adventures haunted castle.....:eek:

Igor my friend.....maybe it's time to just forget about working for the MTA completely. Perhaps all of us will be better off in the long run. Like others have said the job just isn't the same anymore. These B/O layoffs are just the beginning...the worst is yet to come.

In that case i`m gonna have to stay with access a ride or go to a school bus driving job.

In that case i`m gonna have to stay with access a ride or go to a school bus driving job.

You have a very high list number on the 8006,but your young,so you have time on your side. I am not going to wait 2-4 yrs to get the call from the MTA,that is just me though.

I am sure a lot of people who are on lists are saying to themselves do I really want to work for a company as messed up as the MTA? my health(both physically and mentally comes first).

im sorry for the layoff but to all of us who did not get layoff we need to think about this when the mta need us to do over time #uck them and we all know what i mean we bust our butt to get this job and in return we get #uck and i will tell you as a b/o out of fresh pond i will not do no over time until all of my brother and sisters are back to work and i hope it is many more like me but you know we will always have a greedy person to take it and maybe one day it will be him or her

so keep your heads up brother and sister and i will do my part to get you back to work piss off B/O (MTA):tdown:

Archived