(Another problem) Nova LFS artic A/C system sucks !

w8Hou

from AMNY:

Sluggish A/C on new MTA buses

Oh baby, it’s hot inside.

Spanking new buses running on the M15 and Bx12 lines have been broiling in recent days because of problems with the air conditioning systems when its hotter than 90 degrees outside, amNewYork has learned.

Since Tuesday, riders have been begging bus operators to jack up the air conditioning on the $688,000 buses, according to union officials.

The MTA has taken some of the buses out of service and temporarily replaced them with older models, a NYC Transit spokeswoman said. Officials wouldn’t say how many buses have been affected.

“The expectation of New Yorkers is that the bus will cold,” said Gene Russianoff of the Straphangers Campaign. “You’re talking about the elderly and babies. They are most vulnerable to a hot bus.”

Early this year, the MTA unveiled its fleet of 90 new buses on its new “select bus service” routes, which operate faster by allowing riders to pay before they board.

The models are under warrantee, and engineers expected to have the buses back on the road shortly, said Nadine Bernard, a spokeswoman for Nova Bus, the manufacturer.

“It’s an adjustment based on the conditions in New York,” Bernard said.

Link: http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/sluggish-a-c-on-new-mta-buses-1.2086795

Not surprising, it is really weak when you sit or stand in all places.

MTA's New Flyer D60HF A/C works the best.

PIX11 morning news just reported this issue. They didnt say what kind of buses, but mentioned "the newer buses on the M15 and Bx12 routes". Eh, they'll be fixed. it was 100 degrees for the past few days. They're still better than:

Green Lines' old fleet. A/C's almost never worked

Orion 7's. When those buses arrived at MTA depots, so did Chrystler engineers!

The FINDs on the E and F. I have yet to see one work since the cuts!

I still like NovaBus' fleet!

I would'nt go as far as to say the A/C system in the bus sucks.

Look at it from this point. Figure a Nova running SRO gotta have anywhere from 80-100 people on it. Thats alot of body heat,so much that it could overpower the A/C.

Stuff happens....its a new bus and Nova is fixing the quickly fixing the problem. Case Closed.

Now will the (MTA) just go ahead and order the LFS!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on a couple of Nova LFSA's on the Bx12 SBS since the summer started and most of them were warm. The A/C was on but I had to damn near put my head directly underneath the vents to feel the air. Now last Wednesday, I was on bus 1211 on the Bx12 and I felt more air than I had felt earlier this month but it wasn't as cold as it should have been and it was 92 degrees that day. I'm glad these buses are under warrenty because this needs to be fixed like YESTERDAY. With all of this said, I still like these buses a lot and once it's fixed, these buses will really be the bomb.

Archived