MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both 5113 and 9077 was on the B8 today, the latter is on that route right now!

I saw 5113 this am... I took a L as it was on one of the runs I ride on a regular basis and I left late this morning and took a later bus.... I seen 5113 on layover outside the VA.... It was like Nirvana.... :cool:

I saw 9077 on the b16 earlier & 5113 on the b68 , i have to get a video of them as soon as i get my camera fixed . This is a one time opportunity to see rts in service on a gleason route .

When the hell is College Pt getting 2xxx and why is 1885 being seen with our logo with no pic :tdown:I dont remember her.214 215 217 218 200 @CP

1885 as I have mentioned was a Castleton Bus. I seen and shot this bus on several different occasions on the x10 and x14 prior to the move to Ulmer Park. And if this bus ever did hit College Point, I'm almost sure you'd give me the tip :)

dsc02429ga.jpg

As for some of them 200s, I can cosign with a few being at the depot as I shot some myself.

DSC04968-1.jpg

DSC04655.jpg

I saw 214 the other day DHing from the Q64 and 215 on the Q65 LTD.

5104 is at JG, I rode it this morning on the B8.... bus was JAMMED and I got flagged (First time I ever got flagged by a HF bus), luckily, the bus got cought at a traffic light and someone got off at the next stop, so I was able to get on, I must say, 5104 seems to be much faster than anything else @ JG (I have yet to ride their 200s, only talking about 800 - 989 and the Orions).

It was the same run I seen 5113 on yesterday, I hope this B/O has a RTS tomorrow as well! :cool:

To me, it would make the most sense to move 4315-4329 to Charleston to keep that fleet at one garage to save maintenance money, just as 2210-2228 will eventually all be at Castleton.

Meredith can have older buses because it is a part-time operation. Castleton has the X10 full-time and the X14 part-time.

2400, BTW, went to Yukon.

I disagree. All depots should have some newer buses. All we're getting on the X30 and X12 (both out of Meredith) are buses with broken seats and over head lights or buses with broken HVAC which gets rather annoying after a while and does cause confrontation with pissed off passengers. Meanwhile Yukon is getting new Prevosts. That's exactly why Queens Village should get at least something new or newer OR better yet, have some of the older buses cleaned up a bit and rehabbed so that not one line or depot is getting all of the garbage. I realize that there are operating costs and such, but from a passenger's point of view, folks get pissed off because they see some lines or depots getting all of the new stuff and they get all of the garbage and hand-me-downs. Meanwhile everyone is paying the same $5.50 but not getting the same comfortable ride, etc. That's originally why I made that comment about Queens Village too. If they want to keep the 28XXs over there then fine. I would have them put in new signage so that you're not forced to squint to try to read that old green signage. The newer buses have signage that's a lot easier on the eyes, which is one reason why I'm so glad to see those older MCI's scrapped. The announcements on the newer buses are less garbled as well so you can actually hear them since some are actually important and the lighting is also better on the newer buses.

I'm not saying that we need service like we're at the Ritz Carlton, but they can do a bit more. I personally think some improvements would get more attract more folks to use public transportation.

5093 is at JG, I seen it on a B16 school tripper, which I believe is 100% covered by JG, and 236 was 5093's leader....

This morning the driver on the B8 that had RTSs these past two days had a Orion V CNG today :tdown:

Hopefully this run will have a RTS tomorrow....

They use the drivers from ulmer park and the buses and do the run or keep them overnight , i saw 5119 on the 16 this morning and 5098 .

They use the drivers from ulmer park and the buses and do the run or keep them overnight , i saw 5119 on the 16 this morning and 5098 .

In reply to the driver thing, are you talking about the B16 school trippers? I know the run that used the RTS on Monday & Tuesday on the B8 was driven by a JG driver, its the same guy that been on that run for months now, my favorite driver of the 2 to 3 runs I ride regularly on the B8. Most times he always has a Orion V CNG. :cool:

Even though I was kinda salty he had one this morning, I was thirsty for more RTSs...

In reply to the driver thing, are you talking about the B16 school trippers? I know the run that used the RTS on Monday & Tuesday on the B8 was driven by a JG driver, its the same guy that been on that run for months now, my favorite driver of the 2 to 3 runs I ride regularly on the B8. Most times he always has a Orion V CNG. :cool:

Even though I was kinda salty he had one this morning, I was thirsty for more RTSs...

I saw 5098 & 5119 on the B16 earlier they were both drivers i know out of ulmer park so they took the buses and did a trip . I went to ulmer park this evening and saw 5119 on the fuel line .