MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's just strange. 100th can keep their O7s too, I'm sick of Quill hybrids.

I like the fact that 100th st got a 40 foot bus, something different for a change, now imagine they used a hybrid for the M103 during the late nights, i would foam or better yet if they had an RTS

What is CS sending over to Jamaica..

Are they trying to balance the fleet in Jamaica?

It's believed that the #4453-4482 batch may go to Casey Stengel to kick out the rest of the 600's to retirement over there @ CS. What will Jamaica get might be the remandier of the '96 RTS @ QV & few from LGA, FP and/or Storage.

IMO if this happened earlier (In December) they could've sent some of QV's '96 RTS back to Jamaica like #8907, #8933 etc to push the 44XX NG's to Stengel. But that's just what I think.

It's believed that the #4453-4482 batch may go to Casey Stengel to kick out the rest of the 600's to retirement over there @ CS. What will Jamaica get might be the remandier of the '96 RTS @ QV & few from LGA, FP and/or Storage.

IMO if this happened earlier (In December) they could've sent some of QV's '96 RTS back to Jamaica like #8907, #8933 etc to push the 44XX NG's to Stengel. But that's just what I think.

So is CS going to be an all hybrid depot? I know Jam has some 5000s RTSs, but taking on the older buses will make the depot fleet ago much higher.

If anything, the displaced hybrids from SI should go to Jam rather than to FP (which I know a nutcase on subcrap) would get ballistic over reading that).

So is CS going to be an all hybrid depot? I know Jam has some 5000s RTSs, but taking on the older buses will make the depot fleet ago much higher.

If anything, the displaced hybrids from SI should go to Jam rather than to FP (which I know a nutcase on subcrap) would get ballistic over reading that).

Not all Hybrid but they make up like half of the CS Fleet. Plus remember that they have the 6XXX Orion V's so there will still be diesels @ Stengel even with the 6XX's gone.

I also know said nutcase...and if Stengel gets the NGs instead of the Pond, then what would the Pond get to push out their older buses?

I think that FP may be waiting on CAS' Xcelsiors.

BTW, as for the number of 1000-series D60s, that is 15 or less remaining.

not to be off topic but when Castleton prbly having the 3G and New Flyer, i predict that the NGs from Castleton will go to FP to bump off the old RTS. im not sure if this is correct or not

not to be off topic but when Castleton prbly having the 3G and New Flyer, i predict that the NGs from Castleton will go to FP to bump off the old RTS. im not sure if this is correct or not

The remaining 3900s and 4000s (and possibly 3999 from Charleston) should head to Fresh Pond...then the 4200s and 4431 should head to Charleston or Yukon, but I could see 4431 going to Charleston to replace 3999.

CAS should be losing all of its hybrids, however.

The remaining 3900s and 4000s (and possibly 3999 from Charleston) should head to Fresh Pond...then the 4200s and 4431 should head to Charleston or Yukon, but I could see 4431 going to Charleston to replace 3999.

CAS should be losing all of its hybrids, however.

i think Staten Island NGs are all 40xx, 41xx and 44xx from Yukon and Charleston. 3995-4019, 4245-4278 might be able to replace 61 of the old rts and send 1/2 to jfk or lga for more service and 1/2 to retire

Jamaica Depot is getting more RTS to displace those NG's to CS, But I have a gut feeling that Jamaica Might wind up getting something different, I Know they can handle Orion V's because they did have 2 or 3 of them before but they never used them ( i seen this with my two eyes, this was back in the 90's) or they can get Old Gen orion VII hybrids to balance out the fleet age I seen on in training @ jamaica depot before, but i doubt it

Jamaica Depot has a major issue with vandalism, due to the fact the buses are parked outside of the depot

but I think this is a very smart move those 96 orion V's gotta go, they are beat to shit, as for FP getting more hybrids, i kinda think its stupid, their better off getting more newer RTS with a lot of mileage, send that NG junk to grand ave