MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

They are going to run these buses to the ground. The newness of the XDs is going away with all these moves to a small fleet of buses.

Ulmer Park would take care of them, ENY will run theirs to the ground. 4896 Just came in and it broke down, they were washing it and bringing it to the back and it just shut off everything died out.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure why but 9360 is at stengel

not sure it's maintenance related or what-not...

Not sure why but 9360 is at stengel

not sure it's maintenance related or what-not...

Why 1997 RTS NOva Bus #9360 should get maintence .. If #9360 going to be retired.. I thought 600 bus were purchase from which company... That supposed to be replace 210 RTS Nova Bus model 1996 RTS & 1997 RTS NOva bus.

I saw 4737 yesterday with no depot stickers and the sign was fully lit up on Brush Avenue near the highway (I was on the Q50 going up and it pulled up next to me). Im guessing its being delivered, Im now mad at myself for not taking a picture of it.

I saw 4737 yesterday with no depot stickers and the sign was fully lit up on Brush Avenue near the highway (I was on the Q50 going up and it pulled up next to me). Im guessing its being delivered, Im now mad at myself for not taking a picture of it.

Yup she was being delivered..

<p>Another bus move: 4897 from Ulmer Park - Quill, for driver training ...</p>

Whoa, Quill is getting some 4800?!

I'm guessing their spitting up these buses 30/30/30 between UP, ENY and Quill.

If that holds up, looks like UP will be mostly RTS again like it was when they first got the 40 foot Novas.

Whoa, Quill is getting some 4800?!

I'm guessing their spitting up these buses 30/30/30 between UP, ENY and Quill.

If that holds up, looks like UP will be mostly RTS again like it was when they first got the 40 foot Novas.

They're only getting 1 or 2, don't get too hyped up. They aren't splitting anything, I listed up there that it's there for driver training. They might get some XD60's a split between GH & MJQ and it's the same controls as the 40fters so they are using that. Same thing with 8039 going to Flatbush when they had some 5800's.

They're only getting 1 or 2, don't get too hyped up. They aren't splitting anything, I listed up there that it's there for driver training. They might get some XD60's a split between GH & MJQ and it's the same controls as the 40fters so they are using that. Same thing with 8039 going to Flatbush when they had some 5800's.

I really, really, doubt it.

I really, really, doubt it.

Doubt what? They wouldn't have 4897 there for nothing if they wasn't getting some XD60's. I know it's there for training because I heard they're getting XD60's and a biggie told me himself. But we'll see what's going to happen as time goes by.

Edited by ciboii22

Doubt what? They wouldn't have 4897 there for nothing if they wasn't getting some XD60's. I know it's there for training because I heard they're getting XD60's and a biggie told me himself. But we'll see what's going to happen as time goes by.

That makes ZERO sense, they would not send a bus they would not be getting. There is more than enough XD60s lingering around for them to send one to MQ for training, much like 4734 being at GH right now. How are you going to train operators on a XD40 when the XD60s function differently and are mechanically a different animal. So either MQ is getting a couple of XD40s themselves OR its there for some type of special need.

Edited by Vintage Soul

That makes ZERO sense, the would not send a bus they would not be getting. There is more than enough XD60s lingering around for them to send one to MQ for training, much like 4734 being at GH right now. How are you going to train operators on a XD40 when the XD60s function differently and are mechanically a different animal. So either MQ is getting a couple of XD40s themselves OR its there for some type of special need.

Exactly, that's what I said. I don't know what's going on though.

Updated as of January 18th, 2013 @ 5:26PM ET: http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

Changes:

2855 to MA from CH

2858, 2868 to CH from MA

4735-4737 New to KB

4873, 4880, 4882, 4886-4889, 4895 to UP from CA

4897 to MQ (Pending) from CA

7037, 7039-7040, 7051-7052, 7055-7056 to CA from UP

9274 to LG from JA

9935,  9966 to Scrap from CP

I hope that's true, MJQ deserves these much more than Gun Hill (or any bx depot for that matter)...