MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Updated as of January 22nd, 2013 @ 8:11PM ET: http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

Changes

2125, 2134, 2139 to Scrap from UP

2192 to MA from YU

2858 to MA from CH

2877 to CH from MA

6194-6195 to YU from CH

8340 (HAI 0091) Storage to JG/HAI Service

At Vendor:

565 from CP to NESF

1201 from GH to HOPM

3351 from YO to ADDL

4048 from GH to CPS

4387 from GH to DNA

4833 from EN to NE

6605 from EN to CPS

6614 from EN to CPS

7730 from WF to NE

At CMF:

3546 from BP to GA-CMF

3894 from OS to GA-CMF

3904 from MQ to GA-CMF

4981 from FB to GA-CMF

5035 from JA for ZA-CMF

5047 from FB to GA-CMF

5762 from GH to GA-CMF

6606 from EN to GA-CMF

Legend: ADDL=Atlantic Detroit Diesel Lodi, CPS=Cummins Power Systems, DNA=Daimler N.A., HOPM=H.O. Penn Machinery, NE=Northeast Satellite Facility/Northeastern Bus Rebuilders, GA-CMF=Grand Avenue Central Maintenance Facility, ZA-CMF=Zerega Avenue Central Maintenance Facility

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Jamaica losing their 5000 RTS's?

Don't know, looks like just a few though. I still haven't rode the recent 1's that were transferred within the past 3 weeks 5034-36. I heard 5034 runs good along with 36 but I have to see for myself. Every time I go look for em they're gone or OOS.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="XcelsiorBoii4888" data-cid="636421" data-time="1358999699"><p>

Watch out for 4899...i feel like i saw it but i couldnt see the number...what other clean as f*** XD40 would be rolling on the belt pkwy by sheepshead bay?</p></blockquote> You did not see 4899 because it's still at the vendor, if it's not at the vendor it's either at zerega or back at New Flyer. The bus isn't at U.P, 4898 came in today headed from the airport. A lot of people said they saw 4899 but they didn't, I thought I saw it too but it was 4889.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="XcelsiorBoii4888" data-cid="636421" data-time="1358999699"><p>

Watch out for 4899...i feel like i saw it but i couldnt see the number...what other clean as f*** XD40 would be rolling on the belt pkwy by sheepshead bay?</p></blockquote> You did not see 4899 because it's still at the vendor, if it's not at the vendor it's either at zerega or back at New Flyer. The bus isn't at U.P, 4898 came in today headed from the airport. A lot of people said they saw 4899 but they didn't, I thought I saw it too but it was 4889.

Why is it taking them so long to deliver the last bus of the order? It should of ended back in december 2011.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="636514" data-time="1359032892"><p>

Why is it taking them so long to deliver the last bus of the order? It should of ended back in december 2011.</p></blockquote> Because the "last bus of the order" has a way different engine then the other 89 of them. It was said to have a DD11 months back, now it has some Navvistar Maxxiforce 9 engine like the school buses have. They want to make sure everything is running smoothly & correctly. It might be back up at New Flyer, it could be at another Vendor or it could be at Zerega. I saw it the other day at JFK but it was buried between 2 buses so couldn't get a picture of it. It was said to be delivered this month, it'll probably be pushed into next month at this rate that it's going.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="636514" data-time="1359032892"><p>

Why is it taking them so long to deliver the last bus of the order? It should of ended back in december 2011.</p></blockquote> Because the "last bus of the order" has a way different engine then the other 89 of them. It was said to have a DD11 months back, now it has some Navvistar Maxxiforce 9 engine like the school buses have. They want to make sure everything is running smoothly & correctly. It might be back up at New Flyer, it could be at another Vendor or it could be at Zerega. I saw it the other day at JFK but it was buried between 2 buses so couldn't get a picture of it. It was said to be delivered this month, it'll probably be pushed into next month at this rate that it's going.

Reminds me of the Ecosaver IVs...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="636661" data-time="1359066109"><p>

Reminds me of the Ecosaver IVs...</p></blockquote> Those were alright, only rode them 2 times. 1302 & 1303, thank god they didn't order anymore of them. I heard they ran off some turbine system & they failed hill power and one caught fire before.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="636661" data-time="1359066109"><p>

Reminds me of the Ecosaver IVs...</p></blockquote> Those were alright, only rode them 2 times. 1302 & 1303, thank god they didn't order anymore of them. I heard they ran off some turbine system & they failed hill power and one caught fire before.

That's two more times than I did.

Teething problems that every other bus has had every now and then.

And the turbine system was weak, if we had a newer, more stronger system or converted them to diesels, we'd have winners.