MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

The M60 isn't returning back home as it will have no home to go to once 126 closes lol

The M60 is heading to Quill

Copy copy FP. I really meant to say that it was going to Quill as of 1/4/15.  But my thing is that why couldn't they transfer that directly to MCH. Of course politics. In my language (politirix) . Just hope quill has adequate artic equipment for M60SBS.

- Any word to where 126 RTS are going?  5013-5024.

But my guess would be quill or any of the Brooklyn Division depots with exception of JG.  

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Copy copy FP. I really meant to say that it was going to Quill as of 1/4/15. But my thing is that why couldn't they transfer that directly to MCH. Of course politics. In my language (politirix) . Just hope quill has adequate artic equipment for M60SBS.

The MTA doesn't want to open the depot at full capacity.

- Any word to where 126 RTS are going? 5013-5024.

But my guess would be quill or any of the Brooklyn Division depots with exception of JG.

First MCH fleet news! 

3939-3950 MQ to MCH. 

5968-5986 OS to MCH.*

*Of the LFSAs, 5972, 5975, 5983 have already been transferred and the others are expected.

Who knows if these will stay for the Jan 4 date, but this is the first batch for Sunday. 12 NGs from Quill, first LFSAs from 126. I've been hearing around 30 buses--the MQ buses are 12 and the LFSAs are 19, for a total of 31. We'll see if there's any more.

First MCH fleet news! 

3939-3950 MQ to MCH. 

5968-5986 OS to MCH.*

*Of the LFSAs, 5972, 5975, 5983 have already been transferred and the others are expected.

Who knows if these will stay for the Jan 4 date, but this is the first batch for Sunday. 12 NGs from Quill, first LFSAs from 126. I've been hearing around 30 buses--the MQ buses are 12 and the LFSAs are 19, for a total of 31. We'll see if there's any more.

Should've been the OGs, UGH!!

Edited by Cait Sith

Wait so they threw them OGs there as a publicity stunt and sent them back?

Yep, MHV sent over two freshly repainted buses without many ads on them. MCH put on stickers, took some pictures, and now 6658 and 6724 are running around MV routes with Hale stickers. They might go back eventually, who knows.

Oh wow, the old C40s are still around! Kind of weird to see them in Eachester as they was the first "new" bus I ever seen in this hobby, I still remember riding the "new B11 bus".

C40s and 6000s Orions in ECH.... I'm getting old, crazy seeing the bright green sign buses there.

Anyone knows what exactly the MTA is going to do with those remaining C40LFs up there? They've been up there since at least last summer (2013).

Anyone knows what exactly the MTA is going to do with those remaining C40LFs up there? They've been up there since at least last summer (2013).

The last I've heard the MTA was trying to sell some of the C40LF's. They were successful with selling a few and maybe they are looking for a buyer for the remaining. They should take one of those New Flyer Vikings that used to run on the X51 and use it as museum bus. Those buses are pretty rare. I think only 104 of them were made.

Yep 3939 is on the M22. I wonder why though

Either the runs haven't been changed or they're short. I don't think the runs have been changed if/at all.

My understanding is that the routes are interlined. Pull out of OF and work the 9/98, pull into MQ, pull out on an MQ route, return, uptown, or some weird combination. 

Yep, MHV sent over two freshly repainted buses without many ads on them. MCH put on stickers, took some pictures, and now 6658 and 6724 are running around MV routes with Hale stickers. They might go back eventually, who knows.

I wonder if they still have that Mother Clara Hale program in them