MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were probably just loaners, cause they retained their JA stickers unlike any other bus that is transferred to QV, it usually gets QV stickers before entering service.

The same thing happened with the 9200s over the summer, they kept JA stickers and eventually went back.

Sorry didn't I think of asking this earlier but does anyone know why 4907 & 4912 went back to QV in the first place if they were still Jamaica Depot buses, I mean they came back from being loaners for Manhattanville.

• 2 weeks later...
5069 is at Michael J. Quill from 126, likely the first of many RTSes to arrive on January 1st.

So that means rts are going back to quill ?

is the ttmg roster goin to be updated in January?

and other news, i saw Yukon Depot X1 coaches and its EX MTA BUS, the coaches are 1891-1894, 1896-1900.

We dont know when it will be updated its all up to trevor logan , he has left the forums but i can find out from him when will it be done & i saw 1898 on the X1 yesterday too the gowanus express going towards manhattan not in service .

Yes, RTSes will be going back to Quill.

6697 is at Manhattanville from Michael J. Quill.

It looks like what I'd predicted. A portion of 126's RTSes go to Quill while Quill's hybrids go to Manhattanville.

Awesome i like that ! , rts are better off @ quill . I can find out from the boss at quill i know him .

You sure ? you might have been seeing things lol . You sure you saw it ? , ulmer park is the only depot that has buses with orange lights . Maybe your right ill have to go ask a driver that i know at g.a if its true .

no its true. i also spotted 9444 on the B57 going towards Maspeth a few weeks back. it had the orange LED Destination signs. Ulmer Park wasnt the first depot to put orange destination lights on their buses. 5105 was the first RTS in NYC with orange signs and that bus was at Flatbush. ive taken it on the B49 several times. 5106 was the next bus with Orange LED Destination signs and that bus was also at Flatbush. ive spotted it on the B44 and B41. Both 5105 and 5106 were at Flatbush when their destination signs were changed.

if u ask me, i think all destination signs should be changed on RTS 9350-9699, 4901 and 4902, and Orion V 6000-6002.

no its true. i also spotted 9444 on the B57 going towards Maspeth a few weeks back. it had the orange LED Destination signs. Ulmer Park wasnt the first depot to put orange destination lights on their buses. 5105 was the first RTS in NYC with orange signs and that bus was at Flatbush. ive taken it on the B49 several times. 5106 was the next bus with Orange LED Destination signs and that bus was also at Flatbush. ive spotted it on the B44 and B41. Both 5105 and 5106 were at Flatbush when their destination signs were changed.

if u ask me, i think all destination signs should be changed on RTS 9350-9699, 4901 and 4902, and Orion V 6000-6002.

I Agree & Sorry about that i saw 9444 the other week on the B62 i couldnt get a shot because it was turning behind my next to the nycta building i go there everynight they have a train simulator downstairs :D .

3895 has been stickered up by 126 St...I'm looking dead at it while waiting for the M15 SBS to go to work. It sitting between 5063 (with its bumper still half off) and 9503

On a unrelated note, I got to choose which bus the driver wanted to take out the lot...I feel so achieved B). So whenever you see 1277 on the street today, its cuz I chose it lol