The Orange M... One month later

error46146

Would it be a good idea if the (M) was to be extended during the weekend?

Have the (M) run via 63rd Street,to 21s Street-Queensbridge and reroute the (F) via 53rd Street?

You'd create a confusing service pattern on weekends: while 53d Street would receive increased service from, likely, 6 or 6:30am to 11pm, the (F) would have to run via 63d Street from 11pm to 6am/6:30am.

Also can Sixth Avenue use two locals and an express on weekends/holidays?

You'd create a confusing service pattern on weekends: while 53d Street would receive increased service from, likely, 6 or 6:30am to 11pm, the (F) would have to run via 63d Street from 11pm to 6am/6:30am.

Also can Sixth Avenue use two locals and an express on weekends/holidays?

It would be nice, beats the hell out of waiting for only the (D) and (F) which have very long routes themselves.

Honestly I find nothing special about the (M) I've only rode it 2 or 3x since it's debut b\c like I said before nothing's special about it the cut is not a big thing2 be excited about or foam over.But I was not a supporter of the (M) b\c 1.Sending this via 53rd it would had been better to send it up 63rd.

2.Queens Blvd is packed everyday and the (M) is not helping due to 8car-R160 but w\e I could care less.

Yes this (M) has had supposedly failed there was times the (M) went to Lower Manhattan and maybe Brooklyn(unsure about but yes Lower Manhattan),(M) went up 63rd St a few times and much more but I have no passion for this line it's nothing special too me.But I do like how the (M) storms into stations on Qns Blvd b\c of less weight vs. a 10car R160 and 8car R46.

Making no such sense right now, by sending the (M) over to 63rd, you are also contradicting the fact that the (F) does get a load of people at Roosevelt Island Station, sending the (M) over there would not help the situation at all considering that the platforms at that station are rather long. And the (M) is just a 8-car (V) with the loss of 1 station, plus the (M) recreated history as other lines in the past ran through the cut, which is why I am a supporter of the new (M), creating another chapter in history.

The (M) supposedly failing, give me a break, it only got screwed up 3 times, and in all of those 3 times was not its fault, track fire at Flushing Ave had (M) trains going to 2nd Avenue. A issue along 6th Avenue would have trains going to both Chambers & 2nd Avenue, requires one little transfer to the (F), I dont really see where and how it "failed". The (M) would fail if it never met with ridership demands, and it has met up with the ridership demands.

It has in the past but now with the (M) it's even worst b\c of 2less cars at least the (F) you have those2 extra cars.You see what I mean now.

No it hasnt, thats why they had select (F) trains bypass Lex-53rd back in the 90s. It's not bad on the (M) since I am a casual rider on that line, over at Lex-53rd, it's more organized compared to 5th & 53rd. THAT station is the real problem station in my view, Lex-53rd aint shit since there are workers in that station to aid the crowds.

At first I was like its going to be messy, Now that its here Its not that much of a problem, But The only thing I liked about the (V) is that when a train on the (R) has Problems they would take the R46 from the (V) and put it on the (R), But I rode the (M) on the QB Express, 10 times better than the (E)/(F)'s r160's, it does help in some way, so I don't care if it stays or goes, Im happy that we have something different, Im just sick of a certain someone that won't shut his mouth about the (M), By the way That certain someone rode the (M), I got a tip from one of my freinds so, that tells you that some railfans are just full of shit, I don't see it screwing up the LWR East side, Like I said to alot of people 2nd Ave is A USELESS terminal, If the (V) Was to make a comeback it would go to church ave, and you never know this (M) can open alot of great G.O.'s, Prime example the ©and the (J), If they had a G.O. where the southern part of nassau st is closed due to constuction, If the TA wanted they could send the (J) to 34th st hearld sq or 145th st (replaces the (C)) that would be a kick ass GO, but I doubt it and the R160's are not programed for it, or have the (C) run to b'way jct for a possible G.O. or to Metroplitan.

Don't take the G.O. part seriously its just an idea, and I already know the MTA doesn't have the Money, But Im just saying some of the haters should be thankful that the MTA decided to have this (M) train because it will bring more to the table, watch and see.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

At first I was like its going to be messy, Now that its here Its not that much of a problem, But The only thing I liked about the (V) is that when a train on the (R) has Problems they would take the R46 from the (V) and put it on the (R), But I rode the (M) on the QB Express, 10 times better than the (E)/(F)'s r160's, it does help in some way, so I don't care if it stays or goes, Im happy that we have something different, Im just sick of a certain someone that won't shut his mouth about the (M), By the way That certain someone rode the (M), I got a tip from one of my freinds so, that tells you that some railfans are just full of shit, I don't see it screwing up the LWR East side, Like I said to alot of people 2nd Ave is A USELESS terminal, If the (V) Was to make a comeback it would go to church ave, and you never know this (M) can open alot of great G.O.'s, Prime example the ©and the (J), If they had a G.O. where the southern part of nassau st is closed due to constuction, If the TA wanted they could send the (J) to 34th st hearld sq or 145th st (replaces the (C)) that would be a kick ass GO, but I doubt it and the R160's are not programed for it, or have the (C) run to b'way jct for a possible G.O. or to Metroplitan.

Don't take the G.O. part seriously its just an idea, and I already know the MTA doesn't have the Money, But Im just saying some of the haters should be thankful that the MTA decided to have this (M) train because it will bring more to the table, watch and see.

That's exactly how I feel...and I know who that person is

I just thought (M) via 63rd to 21st street would be okay for the weekends only, and I'm not too sure if the trains can turn at 57th-6Av while the (F) ran through 63rd as well.That's why I came up with that idea of switching the two lines during the weekend if There was to be extended weekend (M) service.

I just thought (M) via 63rd to 21st street would be okay for the weekends only,

Except for the massive tourist confusion it would cause, I guess it would be all right. However, doesn't QBL need some local help on the weekends too?

and I'm not too sure if the trains can turn at 57th-6Av while the (F) ran through 63rd as well.That's why I came up with that idea of switching the two lines during the weekend if There was to be extended weekend (M) service.

On July 4 weekend, there was a GO where (M)s turned at 57 Street / 6 Avenue. As far as I know, that worked out pretty well.

To be honest, I'm indifferent with the (M) Line. My ONLY issue with it is they changed it for sentimental reasons rather than rational reasons. From a rational POV, I would have kept it as (V). Less of a hassle as a bunch of NTTs had to be reprogrammed and a few select stations would require sign changing.

All in all, I'm willing to give the (M) a chance. I do remain hopeful that the (V) will return and go to Brooklyn...and maybe the (M) and (V) can co-exist along Sixth Avenue.

To be honest, I'm indifferent with the (M) Line. My ONLY issue with it is they changed it for sentimental reasons rather than rational reasons. From a rational POV, I would have kept it as (V). Less of a hassle as a bunch of NTTs had to be reprogrammed and a few select stations would require sign changing.

Ha! That's not what I remember from a few months ago! But no matter.

I'm reminded of an ancient question that has no good answer: As Odysseus (or was it Aneas? or Jason?) sailed the seas he had, often, to repair his ship. In the course of years, one by one, he replaced each plank, each nail, each piece of equipment, so that, when he finally returned home, his ship contained not one bit of the ship he had first set sail in. The question is, was it still the same ship? Or was it some other ship? If it was the same ship how do you account for the fact that it was, in fact, a completely different ship? But if it was a completely different ship when did it become so? The moment the first nail or plank was replaced? Or some time after? At one point does one ship become another? How much can a thing change and still be the same?

Is the subway service that runs between Metropolitan Ave and Forest Hills "really" an extended (V) or is it a rerouted (Mx)? What is (V)ness? What is (Mx)ness? It's a deep, deep question for philosophers and theologians.

Of course even sophists know the (V) sucked, so maybe that's why they kept the (M).

Archived