Your Favorite Pizza Place

YankeesPwnMets

What is your favorite pizza place? It doesn't need to be anything famous like Pizza Hut or Dominos, it could be your neighborhood place.

I have 2 favorites. Cafe Amore's place on Union Square and a place called Pizza Shack over on Grand St

Cafe Amore's is pricy, $2.75 a slice, but its loaded with toppings and cheese, and I think its like a cheaper version of Domino's Pizza

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-amore-pizza-restaurant-new-york

Pizza Shack is my absolute favorite, its cheap, only $2 a slice and a Medium 16 in. pie is just $11. Also the guys behind the counter are really nice, and if your bored, you could see the chef make your pizza! Plus hes really nice to kids. The only problem is that during the Lunch and Dinner rush, the wait is too long. A lot of people are in the restaurant, plus a lot of em order by phone. Sometimes 1 chef has to try and do 10 orders at once! I had to wait 50 minutes for my Pizza Pie to arrive when I ordered by phone

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-shack-new-york

Edited by Dan05979

Of the NYC area pizza I really like that place (Famous Ray's) on i think 6th ave. and 11th St in the West Village area. It's made with 100% real cheese and $3.00 a slice for high quality pizza, not a bad deal.

On the chain pizza places, my favorites is either Papa John or Pizza Hut.

And finally here in Poughkeepsie area one of the most popular is a joint called "Emiliano" on 111 Main St.which is just 2 blocks from the Poughkeepsie MNRR/Amtrak station. they have specials on Sundays in which a full Large Pie is only $8.00.(toppings extra)

Alot of MNRR crew and staff eat lunch/dinner there.

Just my takes on pizza.:tup:

Brooklyn: Knapp Pizza by Ave X, Spumoni Gardens by 86 St., Tony's Famous by the Fulton Mall at Boerum

Bronx: Tony and Val's north of 242nd

Manhattan: Pizza Park 66th and 1st, La Mia 76th and 1st, Mimi's 84th/Lex

Queens: Mazara's on Metropolitan and 72nd

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

-Mike's Pizza on 2 Av & 25 st

-I forgot the name on it but its on 7 Av and 16 (or 17) St

Hmm local pizza

:#1,Little Caesars pizza 5$ large Pie with 8 slices

Lmao right there on Wyckoff...I go there every wednesday for dinner lol

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

-Mike's Pizza on 2 Av & 25 st

-I forgot the name on it but its on 7 Av and 16 (or 17) St

Lmao right there on Wyckoff...I go there every wednesday for dinner lol

Yes that 1 FTW! :tup:

Pizza Palace (31 Street and Ditmars Blvd)

Last Stop Cafe (Under Ditmars station). If anyone is curious, they have a subway map from the late 1980s/ early 1990s. It shows the (C) to Bedford Park Blvd. They also have a 1 - car R68 painted unto the wall.

Any good pizza in the East Haven/Branford, CT area?

Nope no pizza in NH/Staven/Branford at all...just apizza if that's your thing.

Tolli's is supposed to be pretty good for apizza (you pass it on the way to Goody's) but getting J to stop there is probably as hard as getting me to do any work on buses up there (aka not gonna happen).

If you're interested next time you drive up, I'll try it too...

Place on Route 36 in the Atlantic Highlands next to a nice little A&P.

Denino's, not far from the Castleton Depot.

Antonio's, on a gorgeous isle 26 miles out in the Pacific west of Long Beach in the Golden State.

Deno's, in Long Beach in the Golden State.

Place name of Fair-something on Route 6 in Cape Cod.

Pizza Palace (31 Street and Ditmars Blvd)

That place changed their recipe a couple years ago and now I don't like it as much -_-

Last Stop Cafe (Under Ditmars station). If anyone is curious, they have a subway map from the late 1980s/ early 1990s. It shows the (C) to Bedford Park Blvd. They also have a 1 - car R68 painted unto the wall.

I love that place. I'm so glad they never extended the (N)...otherwise, it couldn't be called last stop.

Rizzo's on Steinway street is great. There is also this place on broadway, but I forget the name...Bella Vita on 58th St between 6th and 7th aves (i think) is also really good.