Things That Annoy You!

BZGuy

Why can't we just close those shits rather than let arguments bust out and a mod only close it after 30 posts?

IT'S CALLED FANTASY BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER f**kING HAPPEN. SO WHAT IF THE (M) DOESN'T GO BY THAT VACANT LOT OR THERE ARE DIFFERENT CARS ON DIFFERENT LINES? SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY WE EVEN HAVE SUCH AN EXTENSIVE NETWORK.

It really annoys me when users post in CAPS. Please review the rules here, and edit your post for me. Thank you!

Boom. You got it. Bold italic'd and underline'd. And most important, co signed.

-SubwayGuy

And endorsed!

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't we just close those shits rather than let arguments bust out and a mod only close it after 30 posts?

IT'S CALLED FANTASY BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER f**kING HAPPEN. SO WHAT IF THE (M) DOESN'T GO BY THAT VACANT LOT OR THERE ARE DIFFERENT CARS ON DIFFERENT LINES? SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY WE EVEN HAVE SUCH AN EXTENSIVE NETWORK.

I'm inclined to agree.

the word "fantasy" is thrown around, for the simple fact that it's an easy copout... anyone can blurt out the most outlandish BS w/o any real thought whatsoever.... let any of the REALISTS that realize these ideas are so far out-of-whack, dare they comment on any of them (worse, dare any t/o or c/r comment on these things)... you know what stance & defense they're gonna take...

The:

"it's just fantasy.... I said it was fantasy didn't I??? it's what I want, it's my ideas, this isn't reality.... everything doesn't have to be real all the time"

(actually, I remember someone actually said something very similar to the last part of that example statement back on straphangers some odd time ago...)

f**k it, I'll go one step further in taking matters into my own hands....

I'm not going to knowingly open a thread, let alone viewing a post in these so-called "fantasy" threads anymore... this goes for the bus section too (where most of my time is spent on this forum)...

just skimming through the thread titles, and I'm scrunching my face.... Jerome av fantasy track map....

yo, I'll end it with this:

It's one thing to have an idea (a clear Interest), it is quite another to fantasize (outright Delusion).

- fin.

Those fantasy crap (Yes I call fantasy maps made by foamers crap) are what gets everyone off topic. Just some random thing that will never happen.

Now a message to the foamers from yours truly about their fantasy maps:

The (MTA) can't even complete some of their projects without it being delayed for a long period of time or it losing funding and being put on hold until some unknown date. Even if by a miracle chance they considered any of your ideas, which I know and everyone else who's making sense around here knows won't happen they will not be done any time soon. It will more likely be like decades before one of them gets completed. Look how long it took them to get the SAS started and there's a good chance like half of that project will be completed before they cancel the remaining segments. So those of you who keep on making fantasy maps are really living up to the name foamer big time. That's all folks!

The thing that also surprises me is that these foamers have not made fantasy routes for Amtrak. That right there gets me the most.

No occasionally they do. They want to make Amtrak part of the subway ;)

Can we seriously stop these damned threads? It's fun scrolling down and watching an argument break out because a train stops where it shouldn't, when it's a "fantasy."

LMAO! It is kind of funny at times though. Seriously, that is something that is being addressed. They are becoming excessive. Some type of remedy will be put into place soon as to how to regulate "fantasy stuff." While we are on the subject of excessive, some people have been gone mad with the "Thank You" button. Please, put the mouse down!

LMAO! It is kind of funny at times though. Seriously, that is something that is being addressed. They are becoming excessive. Some type of remedy will be put into place soon as to how to regulate "fantasy stuff." While we are on the subject of excessive, some people have been gone mad with the "Thank You" button. Please, put the mouse down!

I'd thank you for that post, but, well, never mind. ;)

On that topic, hey I hit my thousandth "thanked" tonight...which means I still have to go to work tomorrow.

Amtrak + (MTA)= FAILURE

I don't know what they are thinking. Amtrak or (MTA) will NEVER be apart of one another. The only way I see that happening is if someone privatizes both of them then I see that happening. Even doing that is easier said then done.

Now wouldn`t that be epic?;) Thats like putting the makers of Hi-C and budweiser together.B)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Yes, 2 out of every 3 threads in the subway section involve some sort of fantasy bullshit.

People need to keep their fantasies to chicks or dicks (hey i don't judge), but more importantly they need to start keeping their fantasies to themselves.

Just my 10 cents around here.

That's still giving some of them a little too much credit lol

Good about the fantasy forum. Keep that stuff there.

'Thanks' wouldn't it be better to have that instead of someone basically quoting or restating what someone else said? If anything 'thanks' takes care of everything.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Rappers/singers who use autotune

That shit pisses me the hell off!!! Autotune is pointless! If you ask me artists who use autotuning makes it seem like they're insecure about their voice. Some artists go overboard with autotuning to the extreme.

As far as Subway lines are concerned:
  • Yellow holding lights in the subway
  • The (D) train
  • The Broadway local segment of the (N) line

i dont mind the (D) train, but the whole (N) local thing is what i find weird. if its only gonna go local in manhattan NORTH of Canal St, for that have the (Q) run local from Canal St to Astoria at all times, and during late nights, let the (Q) run via Whitehall St. let the (N) become the full time express, with late night local service replacing the (R) via 4 Ave between 59 St and DeKalb Av.

things i hate:

loud/stupid girls

rude people

people who hold train doors open for stupidity

idiots who pull the emergency brakes for the hell of it

children who misbehave on trains/buses

parents not watching out for their children

people not moving to the back of the bus, or into the subway car knowing theres plenty of space

slow bus drivers (not including heavy traffic, or bad weather)

people who really cannot mind their business

people who SQUEEZE in between two people when they sit down on trains/buses.

IDK why they use that and yet they can sing perfectly without it. T-Pain I don't know why he uses it all the time probably because it's his style. Heard him sing without it a couple of times. Some of those fake rappers/singers that use the autotune and it makes them sound even worse then they already are.

I get so sick of hearing that crap. They should leave it to T-Pain. I don't mind hearing it in his songs because it's his style. But now everybody else wants to do it too. That is not original how the art of music should be.

Damn, why y'all hatin on my dude Lil' Weezy? "We Be Steady Mobbin" is the best track ever made for the haters!B)

Please, Fresh Pond has better flow than that rapper. (And where is the geographical feature now?)

Part 4:

Lil' Wayne (At least 50 Cent got shot by someone else.)

Fantasy subway threads

Autotune

Mainstream rappers from after 2005

Power 105.1 and Hot 97 not playing hot joints from the 1990s (which they don't... until about 5-8 AM)

Burger King (Like Wendy's more)

Health nuts

Safety nuts

People that are mad and make fun of America because their country sucks/is a nanny state

Stoners

Watching a bus go out of service and back out of Hempstead right in front of a crowd of at least 15 people

Hand dryers that don't dry your hands completely (and none of them do)

People that are a**holes to everyone without provocation

Riding a bus route I've never been on only to see the Clever Devices sign off (and the operator will ask why I got on if I don't know the route, so I don't ask any of them anything unless they're nice)

Idiots that don't know that their MetroCard is empty and keep dipping it into the farebox only to keep getting the "empty/bad card" sound

Metalheads that diss rap because their genre is too broad and dying and generic

The farebox "bad/empty card" sound

People that make spiteful posts

People that think American cars are better than anyone else's cars

Any Porsche that isn't a 911 and its driver