C line named NYC's worst subway line

Roadcruiser1

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I couldn't care less about Straphangers' and the way they cook up their information. Unless they city their information directly from the MTA then I rule them out an that's the last place I'll turn to get any information about a subway line.

Dear Ftrainfan,

SCREW YOU AND F*** THE F(***) TRAIN!!! (for whoever likes the F train (except FoamerFan) I'm sorry..everyone has several opinions)

Sincerely,

IRTFlushing<7>

PS: (7) is awesome, (F) is slow.

Dude, let it go. Everyone already tore into that little boy, and now you're making it worse young man by dragging it on.

Dear Ftrainfan,

SCREW YOU AND F*** THE F(***) TRAIN!!! (for whoever likes the F train (except FoamerFan) I'm sorry..everyone has several opinions)

Sincerely,

IRTFlushing<7>

PS: (7) is awesome, (F) is slow.

Dude, we discussed getting back on topic, now let's go...

Anyways Strappies think the (C) is the worst mainly because they run the oldest running cars in the Subway, and they want a better ride. (C) frequency is just fine, and the R32s are just fine, they still run with good performance. (the interior smells a lot better than R160 interior anyway)

Lower your tone young boy.

I'm wondering: why he hasn't been given a 'time out' yet? I think he needs to cool off, cuz he seems worse than a person off their meds. Personally I think he shouldn't be posting at all given how irrational and illogical his posts usually are. Some time off would probably do him some good like doing more productive stuff than just posting online and making a mockery of himself on a constant basis.

Just my 2 cents.

As for the (2), not too surprised. It bunches and there are times where a few (3)(4)(5) trains will pass by at Franklin before a (2) shows up. So as for reliability, the (2) sucks.

The thing that made the (C) bad is the brakedowns, They play a major role in why people think its a bad line, The (C) needs upgraded equipment, that's all, there is nothing wrong with putting an R160 or R46 on the (C), they have more than enough cars to do it.

Dude, let it go. Everyone already tore into that little boy, and now you're making it worse young man by dragging it on.

Amen to that. I tried to give the kid some advice he don't take it my work is done. He's gonna be laughed at and lonely for a long time.

Hey it is what it is.

Let him have his fantasies. That's all he'll have.

Sure he can have them, but can he spare us by bothering someone else with his nonsense? It's obvious he's a laughing stock, but what if he gets this perverse sense of 'attention' from it? I think it is in all of our best interest if he were to get a 'time out'.

I take a few days away and am 'welcomed' to this mess. Yesh, what a welcome...

Sure he can have them, but can he spare us by bothering someone else with his nonsense? It's obvious he's a laughing stock, but what if he gets this perverse sense of 'attention' from it? I think it is in all of our best interest if he were to get a 'time out'.

I take a few days away and am 'welcomed' to this mess. Yesh, what a welcome...

There's a lot of people that could use a "break" from this place. The foam is through the roof. You just deal with it and learn to make fun of the ones that deserve it. Taking it more seriously than that just ain't worth it. I still get to play with my trains a few times a week, and maintain a life outside of transit. Don't matter to me a bit what someone else does with their time. If I can make jokes I do. I don't discriminate. I cut the kiddies a break, but that's about it. Everyone has their limit. I ripped MegaWang a new one to the enjoyment of y'all and you can thank me he's gone. So...shit happens.

True.

Well, one can hope this kid is 'ok in the mind'. I mean his posts are like, wtf? I'm sure the responses back can't really help much. The kid needs a psychologist [and be kicked out for his own good].

He's probably not OK. Ain't a damn thing you or I can do about it. Might as well have a laugh about it. Laughter is the best therapy to the mind and some grow from being laughed at to making something of themselves.

I have to agree with some of the aforementioned reasons as to why people view the (C) as the worst train. Whether it's the dilapidated (but IMO the strongest) R32's, headways that are tough to swallow amongst its riders, and trains that are above it in the rankings like the (D)(R) and (2) (that are pretty bad, but have slightly better service than the (C)), the (C) is the unfortunate train.

But to play devil's advocate, I like the (C), especially riding it between Hoyt-Schermerhorn and 59th St as it only makes 3 more stops than the (A) in that stretch, and it usually outdoes and outperforms the (A), mostly because of door recycling at express stops and the delays by the (D) at 59th St.

It's not the actual train itself that determines the speed of the ride. There are timers and speed limits on the actual subway line that limit the speed. The (A) line is plagued with timers, while the (C) has relatively few. That's why, for example, a (C) train would beat an (A) between 145th St. and 125th St. any day of the week. An (A) train from 168th St. to 42nd St. is only 3 minutes faster than a (C) train.

I know the (C) isn't as bad as it's being made out of to be, but saying the (C) is faster and/or better than the (A).... come on people, let's not exaggerate here :) *shot*

Yeah, the (C) does have timers, just nowhere as many as the (A). And for the record, if you're going Northbound [don't know about Southbound] from 125th to 145th St and the (A) & (C) leave at exactly the same time, the (A) does have a good chance of beating the (C) [even if it's only by a few seconds]. Between 125th and 135th St, the express track has mostly timers and the local track doesn't, but once the (A) nears the junction where the (B)(D) splits, the timers end, it suddenly starts to pick up SPEED [must be typed in all caps] and it's usually here where it overtakes the (C). But yeah, the (C) could beat the (D) any day of the year. :cool:

Back to topic, the (C) is somehow reliable. The people who said Lexington Av. Line is bad, I feel for you, but not bad as the (G)..which is a really bad line..in my opinion. Sure Lexington is overcrowded, but the trains come so fast. One time, a (6) train left Union Sq. Then..in less than a minute, another (6) popped up. The (4)(5)(6) are rather quick lines. Shouldn't the (G) be the worst line? Or as people say, the (T) train. ROTLF..just my opinion

The thing that made the (C) bad is the brakedowns, They play a major role in why people think its a bad line, The (C) needs upgraded equipment, that's all, there is nothing wrong with putting an R160 or R46 on the (C), they have more than enough cars to do it.

i know what your insinuating... :)

i know what your insinuating... :)

The Reason Why Im saying that because its the truth, even before the service cuts they had enough R32's to make the (C) 10 cars, now there are extra R32's,42's(ENY and 207th) and R68's(CI) that just sit there, why let them sit there, The R68's are a newer class of cars, 207th could have borrowed them instead of using R44's that were on their very last legs, I still to this day think that the (C) should have been one of the 1st lines to get R160's, The (A) can keep what they have, The (C) gets alot of ridership, not as much as the (E) and (F) but its gets ridership in brooklyn and manhattan, it should have updated equipment as well, Like I always say, the (B) is the perfect line for R32's, Part-time weekday line, less wear and tear on the cars.

The Reason Why Im saying that because its the truth, even before the service cuts they had enough R32's to make the (C) 10 cars, now there are extra R32's,42's(ENY and 207th) and R68's(CI) that just sit there, why let them sit there, The R68's are a newer class of cars, 207th could have borrowed them instead of using R44's that were on their very last legs, I still to this day think that the (C) should have been one of the 1st lines to get R160's, The (A) can keep what they have, The (C) gets alot of ridership, not as much as the (E) and (F) but its gets ridership in brooklyn and manhattan, it should have updated equipment as well, Like I always say, the (B) is the perfect line for R32's, Part-time weekday line, less wear and tear on the cars.
CIY took great care of that 1 set of R32 it used to have running on the (B) but to place 240 R32 cars on the (B) in exchange for? and if youre advocating for the (C) to have NTT's then u should advocate for the (A) too. The (A)/© go hand in hand...also the (A) gets MORE ridership than the (C). lets remember the (C) has 60ft cars of a consist of 8...of course the (C) would look like it has a great amount of ridership. LANCE 25 were going to go there. :)

Just stop talking about the replacements. We know the R32's are going to go. They have an expiration date and the (MTA) has been talking about the mythical R179. The (MTA) says 2015. Until then lets wait till 2011 till we can finally hear who wont the contract for the cars.

The Reason Why Im saying that because its the truth, even before the service cuts they had enough R32's to make the (C) 10 cars, now there are extra R32's,42's(ENY and 207th) and R68's(CI) that just sit there, why let them sit there,

You obviously do not understand the concept of a spare factor.

Dude. the (F)'s the same way.

Coney Island is pretty poor I'd say. And so are East Broadway, Delancey Street, and 2 Avenue. I have been to all those areas.

EDIT: looks like I missed out on some foamer-bashing, but at least I saved a few minutes of my life not doing so.

The Reason Why Im saying that because its the truth, even before the service cuts they had enough R32's to make the (C) 10 cars, now there are extra R32's,42's(ENY and 207th) and R68's(CI) that just sit there, why let them sit there,

You obviously do not understand the concept of a spare factor.

If they are that bad, send them to CI, Oh yeah I forgot, they might wind up there. Trust me, its going to get bad if they keep them on the (C), With all the media involed, you will have BS flying around, Media makes things more bad than they already are, I rerember some reporter telling people on the (E) train back in 2006 that did you know this train is 42 years old?, they like to start shit sometimes. That's why I say the (:P is a better line, weekday only line = less trouble, (C) riders are not going to wait until 2015 to see something new, oh I forgot, they will have all of them on the (A) while the R46's move to the (C).

Archived