C line named NYC's worst subway line

Roadcruiser1

...removed to save space...

And then you wonder why people don't like you. On a forum with strict, legitimate moderation, you'd would be banned by now...:tup:

Coney Island isn't too rich itself. And does Red hook also count?

Jamaica isn't the best either.

As to the topic, the (C) has pathetic rush hour headways with the oldest cars. No wonder it got rated so badly.

Anyway I'm not surprised the (7) got high marks. It runs like an assembly line thats well oiled.

Agreed 100%. The only exception is when a train or something else breaks down.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHAT!!!!! HECK NO!!!!!! THE (F)'s CLEARLY THE BEST!!! HOW THE HECK CAN THESE DOUCEBEAGS RATE THE (7) THE BEST?!! HELLO , THE (F) IS FAR MORE RELIABLE!!!! IT'S A IND LINE! THE (7) IS A IRT LINE! THE (F) USES R160s! R160s!!!!!!!! THE (7) USES THAT BS OF A CAR , THE R62A! THE WORST PART IS THE (MTA) IS BEING SO FREAKING CHEAP AND CONVERTING R142As FOR THE (7) AND SENDING THOSE BS R62As TO THE (6)?!!!! THE (6)?!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!! SO MANY (6) TRAIN RIDERS WILL BE HIGHLY UPSET THAT THEIR LINE HAS BEEN DOWNGRADED JUST BECAUSE THE (MTA) IS TOO FREAKING CHEAP... TOO FREAKING CHEAP TO BUY BRAND NEW CARS FOR THE (7)AND FRANKLY , I DON'T BLAME THEM. IWOULD BE UPSET TOOO!!!!!!. AND THE (7)'S THE BEST?!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! YEAH RIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! THE (F)'S CLEARLY THE BEST!!!! IT'S FAR MORE RELIABLE IN SERVICE AND COMFORT THAN OTHER LINES!!!!! SEE , STRAPHANGERS JUST KEEP SUCKING AND RIDING!!!!! cAUSE THEY HATE THE (F) SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

SHUT YO MOUTH FOO'! :tdown:

The loud screeching.

Gotta agree with you there, the screeching is worse than nails running across a blackboard. My ears bleed every time i hear the (C) brake. Also it isn't as if its one set or two, its all of em that screech.

WHAT!!!!! HECK NO!!!!!! THE (F)'s CLEARLY THE BEST!!! HOW THE HECK CAN THESE DOUCEBEAGS RATE THE (7) THE BEST?!! HELLO , THE (F) IS FAR MORE RELIABLE!!!! IT'S A IND LINE! THE (7) IS A IRT LINE! THE (F) USES R160s! R160s!!!!!!!! THE (7) USES THAT BS OF A CAR , THE R62A! THE WORST PART IS THE (MTA) IS BEING SO FREAKING CHEAP AND CONVERTING R142As FOR THE (7) AND SENDING THOSE BS R62As TO THE (6)?!!!! THE (6)?!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!! SO MANY (6) TRAIN RIDERS WILL BE HIGHLY UPSET THAT THEIR LINE HAS BEEN DOWNGRADED JUST BECAUSE THE (MTA) IS TOO FREAKING CHEAP... TOO FREAKING CHEAP TO BUY BRAND NEW CARS FOR THE (7)AND FRANKLY , I DON'T BLAME THEM. IWOULD BE UPSET TOOO!!!!!!. AND THE (7)'S THE BEST?!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! YEAH RIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! THE (F)'S CLEARLY THE BEST!!!! IT'S FAR MORE RELIABLE IN SERVICE AND COMFORT THAN OTHER LINES!!!!! SEE , STRAPHANGERS JUST KEEP SUCKING AND RIDING!!!!! cAUSE THEY HATE THE (F) SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Too funny.

The (C) owns the (A). When ever I wait for the (C) @ Broadway Junction about 2 (A)'s come or more. When they both arrive the station, the (C) always beats the (A) to Utica Av. How is that slow. If they both reach Utica Av the (C) will still beat it to Nostrand Av. But after that the (A) takes the win to Hoyt

Guest lance25

@Ftrainfan: I'm not one to advocate psychiatric evaluations for anyone, but for everyone's continued sanity here, I'd suggest you get one, preferably sooner rather than later. You act as though just because Strappies ranked your precious (F) very low on their list, significant changes are gonna happen. Also, who cares if the (6) gets R62s? They've had them for years before the R142As arrived and passengers were fine with them and they'll be fine with them if and when they return to Westchester.

Getting back to the report, I'm not surprised why some lines are better than others. Here's the gist of the report: NTTs make clearer announcements than OTTs; shorter routes have cleaner trains than longer routes; same thing with consistent service and MDBFs. It's not exactly rocket science...

BTW:@R44 CNG: You're right, the (R) is the longest; the (C) is second if I'm not mistaken.

The. Straphangers Campaign got it wrong again. The best line based on their own data was the L train. It scored higher than the 7 in every category except for frequency and seat chance. Why does rush hour seat chance even matter anyway? I personally would rate lines with low seat chances higher because they get more ridership. When in life does one get penalized for being popular? I love the MDBF rate on these R160 lines. 1,000,000+ miles for the M. That alone should be worth 50 cents in the rating. The E and N also had impressive stats best of which being the MBDF rate. Last but not least, how can lines with the same car fleet have widely different MDBF rates? The E and F both had R160's during 2009 yet the E fared much better.

The 7 and L trains would be last in Beijing's subway in all 6 categories. Just saying.

The (F) is TERRIBLE in on-time performance, most of time I use it's not on-time. Although breakdowns has reduced with the (F) being all R160. R62As work fine on the (7), it has excellent service, the cars are clean & do not break down & have close to the same MDBF as the your excellent (F) line. Compare 219,813 miles from the R62As on the (7) to 216,071 miles on the R160s on the (F). So mmhmm. On a side note the MDBF of the R32s on the (C) hasn't gone up much to 61,012 miles

Disagree, only in Manhattan do I see these issues because of the (M), everywhere is fine, whenever I carry my schedule, its usually a minute or two late, you must have some crappy luck.

The is very important for the local riders on Fulton St, I think it passes through a wealthy neighborhood at Clinton-Washington. Where all the commuters get on to go to work.

However, wouldn't those passengers just go on the express when they have the chance to?

However, wouldn't those passengers just go on the express when they have the chance to?

Yeah the next time would be i guess W4th if you want to take your chances, After Hoyt they share the same track until Canal St, before Nostrand you would see people evacuating the (C) if the (A) is across the platform, that just leaves more seats for me :)

Calm down, Ftrainfan, some people just think the (F) is not a very good ride to them. I like the (F) too, but you need to chill or go outside and enjoy the fresh air and breathe deeply.

In my opinion, I think the (N) is the best.

If you see this comment, don't bother yelling at me to vote for (F)

If I were you, please read this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 Language:

DOUCEBAGS

What word is that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Action/Language:

SUCKING

Don't ever use that word again to insult customers for their actions.

Hey FAIL TRAIN, do us and yourselves a favor and...

SHUT THE F*** UP!!!

You sound like you need to take a trip to Bellevue. You talking some crazy shit right there man. Chill out!

Hey, you're stealing my lines??? LOL! Just kidding man.

The strappies have ZERO credibility.

That's why the NY Post printed the story. The tabloid with as much credibility as the strappies.

Thank you Bill from Maspeth. You haven't said anything but the truth.

Are you serious? Im starting to think your doing something to the (F) if anyone catches my drift.

Archived