C line named NYC's worst subway line

Roadcruiser1

WHAT!!!!! HECK NO!!!!!! THE (F)'s CLEARLY THE BEST!!! HOW THE HECK CAN THESE DOUCEBEAGS RATE THE (7) THE BEST?!! HELLO , THE (F) IS FAR MORE RELIABLE!!!! IT'S A IND LINE! THE (7) IS A IRT LINE! THE (F) USES R160s! R160s!!!!!!!! THE (7) USES THAT BS OF A CAR , THE R62A! THE WORST PART IS THE (MTA) IS BEING SO FREAKING CHEAP AND CONVERTING R142As FOR THE (7) AND SENDING THOSE BS R62As TO THE (6)?!!!! THE (6)?!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!! SO MANY (6) TRAIN RIDERS WILL BE HIGHLY UPSET THAT THEIR LINE HAS BEEN DOWNGRADED JUST BECAUSE THE (MTA) IS TOO FREAKING CHEAP... TOO FREAKING CHEAP TO BUY BRAND NEW CARS FOR THE (7)AND FRANKLY , I DON'T BLAME THEM. IWOULD BE UPSET TOOO!!!!!!. AND THE (7)'S THE BEST?!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! YEAH RIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! THE (F)'S CLEARLY THE BEST!!!! IT'S FAR MORE RELIABLE IN SERVICE AND COMFORT THAN OTHER LINES!!!!! SEE , STRAPHANGERS JUST KEEP SUCKING AND RIDING!!!!! cAUSE THEY HATE THE (F) SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

First off. This is exactly why they are changing the street signs in the city! Now I fully understand!

Secondly. Dude when you try to post and it tells you that your posts/threads need to be approved before they can be seen publicly. Please don't ask why! You keep slipping through "the ban" cracks as it is. I'm allowing you to remain a member only because you tecnically don't break any rules...... Other than this rant post of yours. But you're digging yourself a grave that you very soon will not be able to climb out of. But you aren't giving me any leeway here, and I would hate for you to go out and do something stupid because you can't post about your beloved (F) train anymore!! This isn't healthy at all dude!! The next time I, or any other staff member has to talk to you about your conduct, your account is going into moderation until Harry or myself have a nice talk with your parents! And I'm not joking, or trying to be funny.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been here a few months and noticed it never gets back on topic, there's a moderate chance this thread will end up like the R160 (A) thread.

That thread was another story. As long as we continue to comment off topic then it won't. I can think of a dozen threads off the top of my head that were steered back on topic.

I live off the 155 st stop on the C and I can tell you the line has the worse headways PERIOD!. I've gotten on an uptown A at 34 st after watching 3 E trains go by...get all the way up to 145 street and not pass a single C train!!! Its like they run 10 trains..5 in each direction lol. Although I can say that I've gotten off at 125 st to catch the A and the C train always seems to beat it to 59 st..go figure...problem is those damned R44 or 46 they use...their ro heavy and take too long to accelerate..as to the R32 that go to 45mph in like 50 feet!

I have not seen the report, but the (C) is always consistently ranked as the worst mostly due to schedule. That in and of itself doesn't make for a terrible subway line (and vice versa, the (7)<7> isn't the best because of it's 90 second scheduling), and it reflects poorly on how Strappies does it's research.

Note: The (C) rush hour schedule is about the same as the (:), yet the (B) isn't normally ranked that low.

I Have No comment, This is making it so much better, I think the TA should look into this, But the (C) is not the wrost line, Straphangers are doing that because the line uses the oldest equipment, this is going to make the TA change their car assignments, 3 strikes your out, and so far this is the 3rd one, 1st the Feds, 2nd, ABC news and 3rd, NY Post and straphangers, The more its on the news, the more people complain and plus with fare hikes this is going to be very intresting, soda and popcorn with nachos anyone:cool:

Hold those popcorns and sodas for another day,just because a report comes out dosn't mean the (C) line is gonna get diffrent cars.

Okaaay...trying to get back on topic, as for the worst subway line in the system I found the Lexington Ave trains to be slow, crowded and never running on time. But I can only talk from my experience as a tourist since I don't live in/near NYC and don't have to use the subway for my daily commute ;)

Okaaay...trying to get back on topic, as for the worst subway line in the system I found the Lexington Ave trains to be slow, crowded and never running on time. But I can only talk from my experience as a tourist since I don't live in/near NYC and don't have to use the subway for my daily commute ;)

Least you're acknowledging your lack of experience with the Lex. The (6) is amazing in my book. When shit happens though...TAXI!!!! otherwise it gets you there and runs far more frequent than the (4)/(5).

I have not seen the report, but the (C) is always consistently ranked as the worst mostly due to schedule. That in and of itself doesn't make for a terrible subway line (and vice versa, the (7)<7> isn't the best because of it's 90 second scheduling), and it reflects poorly on how Strappies does it's research.

Note: The (C) rush hour schedule is about the same as the (;), yet the (B) isn't normally ranked that low.

Exactly.

For example, when the MTA decides to ©an the (C) on weekends to put the (A) in it's place, it gives Strappies the impression that the (C) basically never runs during the weekends. That's if they take schedules into account because the (C) has weekend service on schedule, meanwhile they can't knock on the (B) for no weekend service because it technically does not have weekend service so it's running the service as scheduled.

if the (C) were at 6 to 7 min headways, it will totally own the (A)

I ride the (C) in brooklyn and its FAST, idk whether its the R32's but if u miss the (A) at Bway Jct, the next train is the (C) and it will get you all the way to jay st - with No (A) in sight.

if the (C) were at 6 to 7 min headways, it will totally own the (A)

I ride the (C) in brooklyn and its FAST, idk whether its the R32's but if u miss the (A) at Bway Jct, the next train is the (C) and it will get you all the way to jay st - with No (A) in sight.

The (C) runs 7-8 trains an hour during the rush hour, meaning your average wait time for a (C) train is eight minutes during that time. And you're right about the last part: I missed an (A) train at Utica Avenue one morning and the (C) pulled in a minute later, and by the time the train hits the switch outside of Hoyt Street there's no (A) overtaking it at all.

Exactly.

For example, when the MTA decides to ©an the (C) on weekends to put the (A) in it's place, it gives Strappies the impression that the (C) basically never runs during the weekends. That's if they take schedules into account because the (C) has weekend service on schedule, meanwhile they can't knock on the (;) for no weekend service because it technically does not have weekend service so it's running the service as scheduled.

That's another problem that Strappies has. On a line thats 70 years old, you can't expect for service to be operating every weekend.

And we're not going into the fact that the (C) has 1/5th of the ridership of the (A) and if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

sorry for the TL;DR

I tend not to believe Straphangers' since they misconstrue a lot of their information. The (C) is more reliable than the (A) when it coems to on-time performance.

The Straphangers Campaign isn't lying about this data, it's how they present the information. They get their data straight from NYCT. For those of you who wonder why the (G) doesn't have a grade, here's why:

7 New York City Transit does not include G line passenger counts in its annual Cordon Count, as the G is the only one of the 22 major lines not to enter Manhattan’s central business district. For this reason, Straphangers Campaign does not give a MetroCard Rating to the G.

Also, here is how they calculate each grade:

Amount of service

• scheduled amount of service 30%

Dependability of service

• percent of trains arriving at regular intervals 22.5%

• breakdown rate 12.5%

Comfort/usability

• chance of getting a seat 15%

• interior cleanliness 10%

• adequacy of in-car announcements 10%

They weigh the frequency of the train more when analyzing, and rightfully so. The top two things that determine how good my commute to school or wherever else will be is the amount of time I wait for my train, and if it's delayed or not. Getting a seat, announcements, etc. are not as important and get less of a score. This report doesn't factor in speed of the commute either (otherwise some of these lines would get 75 cent grades....)

The. Straphangers Campaign got it wrong again. The best line based on their own data was the L train. It scored higher than the 7 in every category except for frequency and seat chance. Why does rush hour seat chance even matter anyway? I personally would rate lines with low seat chances higher because they get more ridership. When in life does one get penalized for being popular?

See Above

I Have No comment, This is making it so much better, I think the TA should look into this, But the (C) is not the wrost line, Straphangers are doing that because the line uses the oldest equipment, this is going to make the TA change their car assignments, 3 strikes your out, and so far this is the 3rd one, 1st the Feds, 2nd, ABC news and 3rd, NY Post and straphangers, The more its on the news, the more people complain and plus with fare hikes this is going to be very intresting, soda and popcorn with nachos anyone:cool:

This is just something I've been noticing recently. How come when (E) riders "bitched" about the R32s (with no major press coverage) they "didn't deserve" the R160s (when they had the R32s since the early 90s), but when the (C) riders do the exact same they deserve the R160s 100%?

Taking the (E) will get you nowhere.

Funny you say that because it must be a miracle then that the (E) train gets me to school 5 days a week...though there are definitely days where I agree with you 100%.

...problem is those damned R44 or 46 they use...their ro heavy and take too long to accelerate..as to the R32 that go to 45mph in like 50 feet!

It's not the actual train itself that determines the speed of the ride. There are timers and speed limits on the actual subway line that limit the speed. The (A) line is plagued with timers, while the (C) has relatively few. That's why, for example, a (C) train would beat an (A) between 145th St. and 125th St. any day of the week. An (A) train from 168th St. to 42nd St. is only 3 minutes faster than a (C) train.

Archived