B44 +SelectBusService+

Iamthe1

well even if it does happen, it may not even be such a big deal considering the fact that SBS has lower operating costs anyway..on locals you have to spend time sitting in bus stops, on the clock (labor costs), engine running and burning fuel while the bus is not moving and each person is paying at the one farebox. so basically fuel is being burned and labor costs are building up while the people are paying to get on, which is a long and slow process when a lot of people are there.

with SBS there is less dwell time therefore less engine idle time and less buildup of labor costs while bus is not moving, since bus is moving more often.

That's true. I can't wait to see this play out next time I take the B44. And are there still gonna to be RTS's and NGs on the B44 Local or is the whole route gonna be SBS?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at least on the weekends and weeknights when there is less [personal automobile] traffic the only things that should be on the SBS should be LFS Artics.

weekdays it depends on whether the buses can complete trips fast enough; they allowed what I consider to be excessive travel time for the SBS during the week although it could be due to the messed up part of Nostrand in Bed-Stuy where they may want bus ops to move slower. if the buses are going to move as slow as the schedules Acela discussed said they would, they might have trouble making service with 40 LFS Artics and thus will need some other buses...

They will probably change schedules for the better later on and then 40 LFS Artics will be enough even for peak hour service

at least on the weekends and weeknights when there is less [personal automobile] traffic the only things that should be on the SBS should be LFS Artics.

weekdays it depends on whether the buses can complete trips fast enough; they allowed what I consider to be excessive travel time for the SBS during the week although it could be due to the messed up part of Nostrand in Bed-Stuy where they may want bus ops to move slower. if the buses are going to move as slow as the schedules Acela discussed said they would, they might have trouble making service with 40 LFS Artics and thus will need some other buses...

They will probably change schedules for the better later on and then 40 LFS Artics will be enough even for peak hour service

Ok but will there still be a local portion of the route or no?

I hope this isn't gonna be a waste of money for the MTA. Because you know people been beating the fare ever since the B44 got artics in the first place.

Fare beaters know that, once they've made it on the bus, they're in the clear.

With SBS, that's no longer the case. The fare beaters and negotiators ("I only have $1!") in the Bronx have quickly learned to ride the Bx12 and Bx41 local.

AndrewJC is right. In my city, we also have an Eagle Team operating 7 days a week on random times and random locations (the bus service in my town is BRT with normal, non-BRT-buses) and it does make a big difference. Less people beat the fair since they were instated about 4 years ago. There were quite some beaters back then but now that's reduced by a lot.

Fare beaters know that, once they've made it on the bus, they're in the clear.

With SBS, that's no longer the case. The fare beaters and negotiators ("I only have $1!") in the Bronx have quickly learned to ride the Bx12 and Bx41 local.

I picked 44 Local for the next pick, And Now i think i made a mistake, EVERY fare beater and negotiator with 1 dollar or no money will pick up 44 local

Oh boy......

I picked 44 Local for the next pick, And Now i think i made a mistake, EVERY fare beater and negotiator with 1 dollar or no money will pick up 44 local

Oh boy......

You smoking. 

Literally.

Local will be absolute murder next pick.

But a lot of folks didn't pick SBS because of the money; most of the runs are 8 hours, flat.

Oh boy......

You smoking. 

Literally.

But a lot of folks didn't pick SBS because of the money; most of the runs are 8 hours, flat.

Wait, you guys work for the Flatbush Depot?

You smoking. 

Literally.

I pick not by hours of the run or what i do during the day, but i pick by the start time, I must start at a very specific time, and this was the only thing open. I did not think about the run its self, but it is very hard to get under my skin, so i am sure it will be fine. ( i hope )

"Technically" no one but authorized personnel (employees) are allowed on TA property.

Lol oh I gotcha! (Wink-Wink) :D But last September, I was on the B83 with my friend & the B/O terminated the bus right in front of the ENY depot. We almost tried to sneak in when we got off. Then when I was 9 and my dad took me to Queens, we took the Q56 going home and I think we ended up in the depot in the dark when we got off lmao.

Lol oh I gotcha! (Wink-Wink) :D But last September, I was on the B83 with my friend & the B/O terminated the bus right in front of the ENY depot. We almost tried to sneak in when we got off. Then when I was 9 and my dad took me to Queens, we took the Q56 going home and I think we ended up in the depot in the dark when we got off lmao.

I spent my first 6 months at the MTA in that depot in 1981 and saw enough of it to last me a lifetime. It was a horror at that time with diesel fumes throughout the entire building. It was horrible. Personnel were getting sick and management woud not do a thing about it. I had signed letters from more than 20 employees complaining about the conditions there.

I spent my first 6 months at the MTA in that depot in 1981 and saw enough of it to last me a lifetime. It was a horror at that time with diesel fumes throughout the entire building. It was horrible. Personnel were getting sick and management woud not do a thing about it. I had signed letters from more than 20 employees complaining about the conditions there.

Wow that's terrible. That's why I hated GMCs and that was even before the TMCs came out. You should of seen my face in 5th grade when hybrids first arrived to the MTA and started to replace those ancient buses. I was beyond hype. And I believe ENY was the 2nd Brooklyn Depot to get hybrids in 2007 right behind FP in 2005.

Archived