B44 +SelectBusService+

Iamthe1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow before Citizen Defending Library meeting at Clark St, I would take Q70 to LGA, M60 to 125th St/Lex Av, (4) to Fordham Rd, Bx12 SBS to Fordham Plaza, Bx41 SBS to 149th St-3rd Av, then (5) to 125th St, M15 SBS to 49th St, then (E) to Court Sq, then B32 to Williamsbrige Plaza for B44 SBS round trip.

Might be out there tomorrow afternoon. At least this will be better than the launch of the M15 +Select+. That was hell for operators in the Chinatown area.

How so? At least M15 riders had 3 months to get used to the route changes. I really don't want to see what Monday will be like for NY Av.

How so? At least M15 riders had 3 months to get used to the route changes. I really don't want to see what Monday will be like for NY Av.

Mostly because they had to deal with the folk out in Chinatown that could not understand a word of English. The people who were assisting those folks weren't much help at all.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

Just a guess here, but folks probably won't be too happy about the whole local-being-two-blocks-away-from-SBS thing going northbound between the hub and Fulton. I would've just run the whole damn route the SBS way and added a B40 to cover the local B44 route between the hub and Flushing Ave.

Just a guess here, but folks probably won't be too happy about the whole local-being-two-blocks-away-from-SBS thing going northbound between the hub and Fulton. I would've just run the whole damn route the SBS way and added a B40 to cover the local B44 route between the hub and Flushing Ave.

It doesn't make sense to have B44 local go separate way as B44 SBS on northbound direction.

yeah a good way to lose riders between these portion BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE LAZY, also those at NY Av will lose a transfer to the subway, on their way to the subway.

It doesn't make sense to have B44 local go separate way as B44 SBS on northbound direction.

No it doesn't, which is why it's odd that the MTA did it that way. Two blocks difference is a lot, regardless of age of riders. Walking time alone would make it an annoyance, one that the MTA will deservedly get lots of grief for.

No it doesn't, which is why it's odd that the MTA did it that way. Two blocks difference is a lot, regardless of age of riders. Walking time alone would make it an annoyance, one that the MTA will deservedly get lots of grief for.

It probably won't last for very long. The local will probably be moved onto the SBS routing in a few years' time.

There's a new digital screen at the SBS station for Nostrand & Church Avs saying "bus arrival data coming soon" with a map showing the route of the 44SBS and it's stops.

so they are actually doing this. the images and videos they created showed real time schedules on the bus shelters, but I did not think they were actually going to put real time schedules on the bus shelters. that will be very helpful.

It probably won't last for very long. The local will probably be moved onto the SBS routing in a few years' time.

I agree. I give it a year for that to be done and the MTA to terminate the B49 at Foster and Flatbush. Part of their plan to continually economize and cutback services, not to increase flexibility of the system.

There were a lot of good suggestions mentioned at the SBS open house and it all went in one ear and out the other. They got the federal money and that is all they cared about so all they did was go through the motions by going to the community boards and holding the public hearings knowing full well that they would do what they wanted  i the first place regardless of what anyone thinks. 

Schedules were posted on the signs yesterday morning. At 7:30 AM this morning there was at least one person, possibly two sitting at the southbound stop at Avenue X showing people how to use the machines forgetting the fact that you can count on one finger the number of people that go from here directly to Knapp Street on a daily basis.

I agree. I give it a year for that to be done and the MTA to terminate the B49 at Foster and Flatbush.

Part of their plan to continually economize and cutback services, not to increase flexibility of the system.

Yep, Don't know how many times I've said it on here.... The having of B44 SBS' & B49's on Rogers & B44 locals on NY av will not be permanent.... The eventual change (after the running of the 44 SBS' up Rogers) will be to have [b44's (locals & SBS') & B49's] running up Rogers - Which would then make the MTA take a quote-unquote closer look at the B49 & what they could do with that route.....

They're not gonna have 44's and 49's running b/w flatbush & franklin av subway (fulton st)..... They want that usage to go to the 44... It gives them that much more reason to have buses running the distance that it does (from Sheepshead to Williamsburg)..... Now compare how many riders the 44 gets b/w that distance & how many riders the 49 gets b/w Manhattan Beach & Bed stuy (according to google maps, the 44 is 9.88 mi * the 49 is exactly 9 mi)..... The Rogers av portion makes the 49 much less efficient.....

It's a numbers game with this agency.....

Archived