B44 +SelectBusService+

Iamthe1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metrocard machines being installed on the southern end of Nostrand, in Sheepshead Bay. 

Machines installed in the OOS state:

- Knapp St. & Shore Pkwy

- Emmons Av. & Nostrand Av.

- Nostrand Av. & Av. X (both directions)

- Nostrand Av. & Av U (both directions)

Ground being dug up at Hewes St. station for both Bedford & Nostrand Avenues for installation.

Metrocard machines being installed on the southern end of Nostrand, in Sheepshead Bay. 

Machines installed in the OOS state:

- Knapp St. & Shore Pkwy

- Emmons Av. & Nostrand Av.

- Nostrand Av. & Av. X (both directions)

- Nostrand Av. & Av U (both directions)

Ground being dug up at Hewes St. station for both Bedford & Nostrand Avenues for installation.

ok so i guess they have not made it to flatbush junction yet?

Are you posting just to post, or what?

I clearly mentioned the Metro machines were installed in SBS stations within Sheepshead.

That's it.

no, since you said it's just within sheepshead  i should have said it looks like they are installing the machines going up (north) my fault.

Machines will soon be going up at Flatbush Junction. On my way to work, they were doing the Nothbound side. During my lunch break, they were doing the southbound side.

Machines will be installed on the southbound side behind the subway entrance in front of Blink Fitness; northbound machines will be installed near the ATM machine for Bank of America, where the SBS buses will stop, before going into the left lane for Flatbush Avenue.

Yup, saw them setting them up this afternoon. The sb side is located just north of the southern most entrance of the 2/5 stop. I dunno if it means it's getting it's own spot or if it's to keep the current b44 standing stop clear. Just a matter of time now for Sbs...

As for the eagle team, yeah they need to be out here in full force. Kids especially don't give a damn about entering from the back and not paying. I hope they get busted too. Serves them right.

Yup, saw them setting them up this afternoon. The sb side is located just north of the southern most entrance of the 2/5 stop. I dunno if it means it's getting it's own spot or if it's to keep the current b44 standing stop clear. Just a matter of time now for Sbs...

As for the eagle team, yeah they need to be out here in full force. Kids especially don't give a damn about entering from the back and not paying. I hope they get busted too. Serves them right.

I might take the B44 after work just to see that lol

I hope this isn't gonna be a waste of money for the MTA. Because you know people been beating the fare ever since the B44 got artics in the first place.

well even if it does happen, it may not even be such a big deal considering the fact that SBS has lower operating costs anyway..on locals you have to spend time sitting in bus stops, on the clock (labor costs), engine running and burning fuel while the bus is not moving and each person is paying at the one farebox. so basically fuel is being burned and labor costs are building up while the people are paying to get on, which is a long and slow process when a lot of people are there.

with SBS there is less dwell time therefore less engine idle time and less buildup of labor costs while bus is not moving, since bus is moving more often.

Archived