B44 +SelectBusService+

Iamthe1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have been clearer. Yes, if you take the SBS and change for another SBS, then a local, it is still one fare. But it's two fares if you take a local on Emmons and then change to the SBS and then to another local or the subway.

I think you still get a free transfer between local and SBS buses, in addition to the regular transfer you already get. Then again I'm not 100% sure, I haven't used a pay per ride card in ages

Just did the SBS presentation today for the B44.

The new SBS sign codes will be pretty much updated LTD codes, as follows:

Nortbound SBS code #4444

+Select Bus Service+

Williamsburg Bridge Plz

via Nostrand 

via Rogers

Northbound SBS code #4442

+Select Bus Service+

Flushing Av

via Nostrand

via Rogers

Southbound SBS code #4443

+Select Bus Service+

Sheepshead Bay

Knapp St

via Nostrand

Southbound SBS code #4445

+Select Bus Service+

Avenue U

via Nostrand

Southbound SBS code #8449

+Select Bus Service+

Avenue X

via Nostrand

Does it say "via Nostrand Av" or "via Nostrand" or "via Nostrnd" (the worst one; I hate that one so much)? And does it say "via Rogers Av" or "via Rogers" or "via Rogrs"?

I don't know real until it's activated.

The info I posted was copied from the SBS employee handbook we were given at the presentation... And I'm sure the LFSAs will be updated after the wrapping is complete.

I'm guessing a very limited amount of LFSAs will be deployed on the Friday & Saturday (and possibly Thursday), since it takes 5 hours to wrap each unit.

im not gonna word this correctly but i'll try to say it.

on rogers when the 44 heads north, at the 44sbs stops will the 49 share the same spot or will their spots be seperate

All bus stations along Rogers will have bus pads (bulbs), with the 44SBS stopping in front, and the 49 stopping at the rear of the station, outside of the bus pads - Avenue D; Church Avenue; Clarkson/Parkside Avenues; Empire Blvd & St Johns Place.

If asked or answered already, sorry*

Will the B44SBS stop at av L? Sometimes I might take the B9 to B44 if the B41 takes forever to show. I'm wondering if it means I'm stuck with the local B44 if the sbs doesn't stop there..

Nope, its the Junction, then straight down to Kings Hwy

Let the B/44 SBS fun begin on Sunday and then watch for more fun in a couple of weeks when they start checking for the tickets.

As for me, I am taking the local (if it shows up) otherwise I will either walk to Ocean Avenue or take the B/36 and the Brighton Line. After all the B/44 SBS may be the best thing for me (and everyone else) as walking is good for me and hopefully will reduce my weight as well. 

Brooklyn Bus is right! When the MTA's  mind is made up, don't confuse them with the facts!  This community will not get involved in  politics! It should be noted that there will not be an Avenue R stop unless a camera is placed in a certain place and then watch the politicians run to appear before it. Then the mainstream media will pick it up and Voila! a stop even though it was bought up by one person representing himself asking about it at the"public hearings" who was totally ignored.

Archived